Topics

Top 7

• usedforglue - June 20, 2011 5:34 p.m.

Great read, Thanks for educating me about the Resident Evil Gamecube door screens. I always thought they were really annoying back on the PSone, but now I understand that they help build the zombie Tension!
  • NanoElite666 - June 20, 2011 5:19 p.m.

I always enjoyed the 'spaceship flying through space' loading screens of the Ratchet & Clank series, at least in the games that have them (I'm looking at you, "Crack in Time"...). They helped make the various planets in whatever galaxy you were in for the game feel more like cohesive, connected parts of the universe, since you'd take off from one location, watch your ship fly through space for a couple screens, and then land at your destination without nary a trace of the word "Loading..."
  • garnsr - June 20, 2011 4:11 p.m.

How did Games Radar pass up the chance to mention Okami?
  • Sjoeki - June 20, 2011 4:08 p.m.

What about the loading screens in the devil may cry series, I always tried to fire the gun as much as possible for it was over, those were good times
  • nomnom52 - June 20, 2011 3:47 p.m.

typo for Ridge Racer: Two intellectual anaylses?
  • LuketheJuke24 - June 20, 2011 3:37 p.m.

I always liked the Star Wars Battlefront loading screen when it zooms into the planet. It gave me something to look at and I was annoyed when the 2nd game had average loading screens. Stupid Star Wars...
  • darkpigraph - June 20, 2011 3:17 p.m.

How can Namco "hold(s) the rights to the 'minigame while a game loads from an optical disc' idea"? I wish more people did that.
  • JimmySmurf - June 20, 2011 3:04 p.m.

You guys forgot to mention in the Resident Evil entry the one time in Resident Evil 2 when zombies actually came through the door as you opened it.
  • oneshotfinch - June 20, 2011 3:03 p.m.

I really love Okami's loading screen. A little timing minigame which allows you to get a Demon Fang.
  • jackburnt - June 20, 2011 1:51 p.m.

The best part about the Resident Evil loading screens was in RE2 (I think) a zombie jumped out. The door opened normally then a zombie appeared. Great scare tactic because you thought the screens were safe.
  • DarkTone - June 20, 2011 1:49 p.m.

Fifa?...................FIFA!?!
  • BigWillis - June 20, 2011 1:17 p.m.

I remember Die Hard Arcade had a submarine game in it, can't remember if it was part of a loading screen or just a secret.
  • edtrotter - June 20, 2011 1:13 p.m.

Very disappointed to not see Wave Race: BlueStorm make this list!
  • HereComesTheHypeTrainCHOOCHOO - June 20, 2011 1:12 p.m.

I quite enjoyed the Killzone 2 loading screens where you can rotate them with the sixaxis motion controls in the dualshock controller. Simple but satisfying.
  • flabslapper - June 20, 2011 1:07 p.m.

Wow I'm actually able to contribute to this one! Test Drive for the PS2 had Pong during the loading screens, where if you decided to play, you could have a full blown match with two players even after the game was finished loading, all you had to do was hit start after you were bored of Pong and it took you right to the racing
  • Asmodean - June 20, 2011 1:06 p.m.

What no 8-Bit Game Heroes? What's better then 8-bit versions of classic title art.
  • rxb - June 20, 2011 1:04 p.m.

I cant lie Justin, I made sure I read this feature just to make sure Ridge racer was on the list, but now I have read it I think it should have been number 1. Im sure you know that completing the Galaxian screen unlocks more cars in the game, therefore making it relevant too.
  • SonicX_89 - June 20, 2011 12:57 p.m.

The second I saw the picture of the door from Resident Evil I thought of the Muppets Party Cruise. TDar has taken over my life.
  • RichieIRL - June 20, 2011 12:50 p.m.

Definitely agree with the Bayonetta loading screen. I took a bit of a break from playing for a few weeks and when I went back into it the practice screens were perfect to catch up a bit on some of the stuff I had forgotten.
  • Lemming - June 20, 2011 12:24 p.m.

I always thought the No More Heroes loading screen was designed for the easily amused. Figuring out the right combination of buttons until the loading star spins the opposite direction via optical illusion.