• FistfulofPelican - January 4, 2011 4:32 a.m.

Ew. Those Jedward folks sure make me appreciated the Dragon Quest IX ads with Seth Green.
  • Thequestion 121 - January 4, 2011 2:57 a.m.

Damn, 2010 had alot of terrible moments in the world of gaming.
  • Hatebread - January 4, 2011 2:01 a.m.

"Sometimes, greed kicks in, and you start banging out increasingly stale material year after year, long after your creative prime has passed. Sometimes you make a flailing attempt to spice things up with a direction change, and find yourself flying high through the sky, as the just-jumped shark becomes a mere dot below you. " Never before were the last 10 years of Madonna's career summarized better. Oh, and great article. :D
  • NightCrawler_358 - January 4, 2011 1:15 a.m.

I loved the old Nintendo commercials, my favourite being the short Double Dragon II: the Revenge commercial with the spinning change direction kick. Why do old people have to wrinkle up my childhood!? I like when Nintendo goes back to their roots in games.
  • Fuzunga - January 4, 2011 1:02 a.m.

I wish Nintendo owned the rights to Banjo-Kazooie. You know they'd make an awesome sequel if they could. Or they'd put Retro on it, and they'd make an awesome sequel.
  • FauxFurry - January 4, 2011 12:32 a.m.

Hideous?! You and your harsh standards of beauty. Most of the entrants are merely unsightly and, if cleaned up and dressed up properly, can be kind of cute (especially Microsoft's attempts to court the so-called Casual audience at the expense of their more 'hardcore' fare). Rare's dissolution is/was an ongoing process, like the gradual creep towards extinction Skittles' flesh-and-blood counterparts, making it less of a disaster and more of a tragedy,only that it threatens videogame variety rather than bio-diversity.. The set of items regarding ActiVision's transgressions against the gaming public,good business sense and logic itself may be seen as quite lovely by those who want to see AV primed to drop from the top spot in the realm of game publishers. The fact that these were the most dismal debacles that the gaming industry turned up last year just further reinforces the notion that it was one of the best years that the industry has had all of this still relatively new century. What's that,ReCaptcha? "ideals,gwaxert"? Idealism is an ideal way to meet with disappointment. Someday, perhaps,machines will come to comprehend that fact as the gwaxerts of the internet have shortly after they first logged on.
  • TwilightBlaze - January 3, 2011 11:45 p.m.

Well, I got MY PS3 on March 13th. HA.
  • PolarBarrett - January 3, 2011 11:38 p.m.

my love of nintendo has slowly been dying away.....
  • Aletheon - January 3, 2011 10:48 p.m.

PS3's temporary clock glitch is a hideous gaming disaster? Who's the fanboy.....
  • celticsfan645 - January 3, 2011 10:28 p.m.

Here is what activision needs to do. Change COD releases to biannual(or is it biennial? which ever one means every other year). Let racing developers develop racing games (duh) and dont release a guitar hero for a while. They needs to wait at least two years. Frickin Kotick
  • 510BrotherPanda - January 3, 2011 10:13 p.m.

I still don't see why the PS3 clock problem was that big a deal. Couldn't people put down the controller for ONE day? Some gamers need to get a life; one day not playing isn't going to hurt much.
  • batmanboy11 - January 3, 2011 10:03 p.m.

Holy fail, Batman!
  • Robx - January 3, 2011 9:55 p.m.

P.S. You can track APB's progress and changes at: http://apbreloaded.blogspot.com/
  • Robx - January 3, 2011 9:46 p.m.

Hey Houghton! I followed the tutorial for the Apocalyps3, but after I plugged the Xbox and turned it on, the screen was all black and the console had 3 red rings tilting! Oh, I shouldn't panic, they'll fix it on an update tomorrow, right?! Har har har! Hahahaha but it was still an epic fail that the system failed for such a minor detail that had people scared in 1999. And at APB, what I always say, they didn't listen to our feedback and got us believing it wouldn't use the traditional monthly fee. Instead, them greedy smartasses added the monthly fee PLUS the RTW Points crap, and all of that without even convincing people first by fixing their game. I am looking forward K2's release though.
  • Dreadnought - January 3, 2011 9:21 p.m.

I think PS3's one day of not working is still better then Xbox 360's random Red Ring of Death that leaves it not working till you get it fixed. hmm, one day compared to any random time till taken to the shop. i think i'll stick with my PS3 and get out and do something the one day it doesn't work.
  • Tranquilbez34 - January 3, 2011 9:13 p.m.

Good Article but did anybody else notice Paul Rudd in the Super nintendo commercial?
  • chrisat928 - January 3, 2011 8:58 p.m.

Wow xboxwarriorx, you're delusional.
  • mahabat - January 3, 2011 8:52 p.m.

haha wow COD is nearly dead? do me a favor and check on the best selling video game ever i'll wait... so now that you have seen that well yeah... i am not arguing for it though, heck no i didn't buy it. also can we like get a ban for xboxwarrior or something? he gives all of us xbox gamers a bad rep and never says anything worth a crap.
  • Blasto - January 3, 2011 8:36 p.m.

Yeah, screw activision for releasing great games that we didn't buy!
  • Japanaman - January 3, 2011 7:53 p.m.

Eh, I still like Guitar Hero. It's COD that's getting old. At least GH has a lot of replay value and it's more fun than Rock Band.