Topics

Top 7

• brothir - December 3, 2008 4:04 p.m.

Why does almost all games have to be released at Christmas? The developers should've realized by now that the more games released at one time, the less the chance of someone buying their game, unless it stabs, shoots, rocketlaunches and owns every other game into such a submission that they will never get up again and fails to even be a footnote in the history of gaming. If a game like that is ever released, I'm going to buy it. But where was I? Oh, yes, launching all games at Christmas is a bad idea. Why can't they plan together to release their games all around year? If a truly awesome game appears every three-to-four weeks all year long, gamers will be in heaven, and the developers will rake in so much cash that they can afford to send all their employees to a four month long holiday in Bahamas.
  • Big_Daddy_Fat_Sacs - December 3, 2008 6:10 a.m.

Mirrors Edge is a great game!! its a shame its being overlooked....i for one bought it the day it came out
  • Big_Daddy_Fat_Sacs - December 3, 2008 6:09 a.m.

• kaienshiba - December 2, 2008 11:36 p.m.

This article is pretty dead on. I bought Mirror's Edge the day it came out and didn't start playing it seriously until yesterday. Releasing it before FO3 or Fable 2 would have been much better for what really is an awesome game.
  • ablebobby - December 2, 2008 10:20 p.m.

Im starting to wonder if I will ever see another Zelda game in the near future. We are like WAY overdue! jess www.anonweb.net.tc
  • mikeo1229 - December 2, 2008 9:49 p.m.

Mirror's Edge and Endwar are sitting on my shelf waiting for me to finish other things(i.e.schoolwork). But Mirror's Edge is a good game and everybody should at least play the demo.
  • TheCorpulent1 - December 2, 2008 5:41 p.m.

I got to playing Mirror's Edge on release day and finished it a couple days later. I guess I was one of the few who were really excited for it. Great game, although they shouldn't have focused so much on combat--which was done pretty badly in the game--toward the last third or so of the game. I'm playing Tomb Raider: Underworld slowly but surely on PC, but I admit that I've put it aside in favor of Left 4 Dead most days. Don't have a PS3, so I'll be skipping Resistance 2 and LBP, although I have enjoyed LBP at my friends' house. Valkyria Chronicles and Eternal Poison get a pass simply because they're JRPGs, which I loathe almost universally with one or two exceptions, mostly from the 16-bit era. Same with Endwar--not an RTS fan at all.
  • Muchomexicano - December 2, 2008 4:08 p.m.

Left 4 Dead is a fantastic game fast pased intense pretty unique considering the genre and is a great play online dont care about any other games right now about to pick me up fallout 3 cuz its awesome...
  • bread_or_decide - December 2, 2008 3:38 p.m.

I guess a lack of Banjo Kazooie claims no one wants to play it even AFTER the holidays. The problem with Mirrors Edge is that $60 is too much money for a 5 hour game. It needs to be 40 or less.
  • sackboy97 - December 2, 2008 2:24 p.m.

RebornKusabi nice list but u should get lbp its loads of fun im getting R2 and R1 was great i dont know what game u bought
  • sackboy97 - December 2, 2008 2:19 p.m.

lbp is game of the year potential y is it on this list?
  • sackboy97 - December 2, 2008 2:17 p.m.

im getting resistance 2 this year guitar hero on tour 2 should be on this and mk vs. dc
  • Jimmyjammy - December 2, 2008 10:09 a.m.

I have LBP and I want to play it I really do. I'm just afraid of the ever-looming threat of level moderation/deletion. Also I'm too busy proving that zombies enjoy the taste of bullets(and fire) with three of my gun wielding friends.
  • Cwf2008 - December 2, 2008 5:21 a.m.

Mirrors Edge looks pretty crappy. Seriously a first person game with no gun or some kind of weapon in front of your face? Blasphemy!
  • zanthox - December 2, 2008 5:16 a.m.

I am LOVING LBP and Valkyria Chronicles but all the others (especially Mirror's Edge) are either next year or never. I'm kinda surprised a few others like Dead Space and Far Cry 2 (both of which I got for hecka cheap black friday!)
  • majormoses117 - December 2, 2008 2:54 a.m.

Yeah I also think that Mirror's Edge would have been way better if you were an assassin.
  • Tikicobra - December 2, 2008 2:51 a.m.

The Valkyria Chronicles demo was amazing. I hope to get it for Christmas.
  • nadrewod999 - December 2, 2008 2:18 a.m.

Nice article and all, but I already have LittleBigPlanet, and the only reason I even had a PS3 (which allowed me to get LBP) is because I saw a game that ACTUALLY IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET UNTIL 2009! Anyone who gets GameInformer knows what I am talking about. A few months back, I was walking into my local Gamestop at the mall to look around and play the demos (as well as buy Assassin's Creed, great game), when I happened to look at the sales counter and noticed the cover for the new GI mag. I will never forget that picture of the destroyed cars and buildings behind a man who has electricity coming out of him. That's right, I BOUGHT A PS3 IN EARLY OCTOBER FOR INFAMOUS, A GAME THAT DOESN'T EVEN COME OUT UNTIL SPRING 2009! Luckily, my family is now watching lots of Blu-ray movies on the thing, but the point is, if you are going to make an article about 2008 games, DON'T CALL THE ARTICLE THE TOP 7 GAMES YOU WON'T GET TO PLAY UNTIL 2009, since there are a lot of better games coming out after New Year's Eve 2008! A better title would have been TOP 7 2008 GAMES YOU WON'T GET BEFORE 2009!
  • Scaler100 - December 2, 2008 2:16 a.m.

Mirrors Edge will probaby fail because of its super gay esurance reject cutscenes. The limited moves in the game are also a factor.
  • FriendlyFire - December 2, 2008 2:11 a.m.

Mirror's Edge is the ONE game I want this holiday, easily overshadowing the likes of Gears of War 2 or CoD WaW. Honestly, I find the traditional shooter genre to become a bit tiresome and wholeheartedly welcome such refreshing games as Mirror's Edge. I'm also sad to see LBP on the list. I've loved every bits of it since I bought it (in pre-order, no less). I'm only hoping they fix a few of the issues with the level editor which have tired me from creating my own levels (that and a much too heavily schedule). Please, stupid mindless gaming crowd, buy innovation for once! Don't be mindless, dumb zombies all over...