Topics

Top 7

We Recommend

• The_Tingler - March 17, 2009 11:13 p.m.

Bioshock.
  • iluvmyDS - March 17, 2009 10:01 p.m.

This is a good one, let's hope the threads are kept to a minimum.
  • Montag - March 17, 2009 9:19 p.m.

Obvious old farts like myself are endangered here. Jeff Minter is a legend and naming a game after a Giraffe is actually quite tame for him. Mutant Llamas... now they rock. I had a ZX81 when it was new and JM was a bit of a gaming legend even then.
  • gatorfan122394 - March 17, 2009 8:30 p.m.

wow that halo 3 argument on the hater sad was pretty pathetic. good article but im on all the lover sides except for pokemon and space giraffe(never even heard of it)
  • nadrewod999 - March 17, 2009 8:15 p.m.

WHAT ON EARTH IS A SPACE GIRAFFE?!?!? I KNOW IT CAN'T BE A GIRAFFE IN SPACE BECAUSE IT WOULD DIE, BUT EVEN SO, THERE ARE MUCH BETTER NAMES FOR A SHOOTER THAN SPACEGIRAFFE!
  • Sonneilon - March 17, 2009 4:59 p.m.

Different strokes for different folks in the end. I tend to like the articles that cover REALLY lame games that sold in droves. Like Fantavision!
  • Danomeon - March 17, 2009 4:47 p.m.

1st of all, I'm shocked that world of warcraft wasn't on here. The lovers comment on its massiveworld, incredible amounts of content, great pvp, casual and hardcore balance, incredible raid bosses, and great player communities, while haters usually say that it involves too much grinding, and that the combat isn't much fun (though really the combat reaches its full driving force at maximum level against a toweringly massive boss when used in coordination with a large group of other players) Anyways, here are my opinions on the following games. Assasin's creed: It was an incredible game up until I realized that I had to do the same thing in the same cities. I would consider it an average game. Guitar Hero: I love it when friends are over and we are all partying with the thing, but single player, I just can't get much into it. Killzone 2: I do not have a PS3, but if I did I'm sure this game would be a wonderfully fun (if a little stereotypical)Fps, and I have heard the multiplayer is stellar. Space Giraffe- I probably would like it,but at the time I had a choice. What should I purchase? SG, or Braid? I obviously chose the artistic masterpiece. Pokemon- I never got into the collecting aspect as a kid, though I distinctly remember how fun it was to face all of the gym trainers and level up my pokemon. I'm on to better RPGs nowadays (Chrono trigger has occupied my DS for the last 2 weeks.) Dead rising: I saw potential, but gave up on the game altogether when I realised I had to grind on zombies to beat the first boss. Couldn't they have just taken away the stupid 72 hour concept and give me unlimited time to kill the zombies? Halo- I didn't like single player, but I still love playing a few awesome custom roundss of infection on a map I made with my friends. It is kind of like guitar hero for me in the way that it is a party game.
  • MoonPig - March 17, 2009 4:17 p.m.

Dunno how many ppl read that "guitar hero is evil" article but i did and For Gods Sake!!! theres nothing wrong with rock n roll, i think theyre just covering up that theyre secretly master chief and hiding from social services. also pokemon really does suck and killzone 2 rules over halo. Rule PS3 Ps3 rules the games Sony neve never never... Sorry, dont know what came over me there.
  • oreomonkey - March 17, 2009 4:16 p.m.

where is gears of war? I hate that game but other people love it, halo is awesome though
  • Awesomeitude1523 - March 17, 2009 2:29 p.m.

@ Clownsarecary I DID. I LIKED SPACE GIRAFFE. And from the rest of those comments it seems i'm the only one who played it.
  • Awesomeitude1523 - March 17, 2009 2:26 p.m.

Assasins' Creed- Ehhh. Okay Game.Not a fan though. GH/RB- Love 'em. May be poor simulation, but it's great at parties. KZ2- WOOOOOH LOVE IT LOVE IT Dead Rising- Despised it. Say what you will but I just hated it. Pokemon-Hated it, then loved it. Still love it. Space Giraffe- Wooooh! Go Space Giraffe! Oh ait its a game? I thought it was actually a giraffe in space. Why else would they name it that? Halo- Well I don't have an Xbox 360, so I guess I HAVE to hate it. By order of Forum law.
  • usmovers_02 - March 17, 2009 1:12 p.m.

Good thing my opinion was the right one in each case...
  • pimlicosound - March 17, 2009 11:56 a.m.

You should have added Mirror's Edge, Far Cry 2 and Prince of Persia (2008) to this list. I own them all and love them but the reviews were all over the place and the user reviews on Play.com seem to be either 1-star or 5-star.
  • Anonymous93 - March 17, 2009 11:24 a.m.

KZ2-Really, it just bored the shite out of me. Scenery was boring, gameplay brought nothing new to the genre and the online had way to many people (it got to the point where you died around every corner) AC-Same as KZ2 except instead of online the loading was way too long POKEMON-The first 3 games were good(blue, red and yellow) but now its crap SG-? GH/RB-Just play a real instrument Halo-Other than annoying kids and frat boys(which you can just mute) the games is really enjoyable. DR-Just the time limit that annoyed me. I'd like to just run around before finishing missions.
  • StonedMagician99 - March 17, 2009 11:19 a.m.

A very apt list, I agree with every single one. Except, why isn't the F.E.A.R. series on here? From who I've talked to, this deserves to be on the list. But otherwise: awesome.
  • RooringRA - March 17, 2009 7:45 a.m.

I read the Christian Pokemon reveiw and it claimed that Pokemon Promotes Fighting,Sorcery,Occultism, and Witchcraft. I mean WTF is wrong with people these days how are people so blind, stupid and paranoid to think that a simple litte childrens game Promotes Fighting,Sorcery,Occultism, and Witchcraft. These kinds of people need to wake up and realize that what they believe is utterly stupid but if its what you believe then you dont have to chant and try to convert others to believe it
  • somerandomchap - March 17, 2009 5:21 a.m.

great article, i can already taste the hate that this thread has been stained with haha, keep em coming.
  • Gahmah - March 17, 2009 3:19 a.m.

This will probably be rather uninteresting during the podcast, save for space giraffe, in that it's like "knuckles in sonic 3" to someone who lives in Texas, even if it is AUSTIN. HEY HEY, DIRECT QUOTATION, nice to seem highschool english is still as useful as it ever was while text presented in it is more useful than the whole experience.
  • jar-head - March 17, 2009 2:25 a.m.

dead rising has you using a LAWNMOWER to kill Zombies, i Would Love any other game to come up with horror/comedy such as Dead Rising. oh, i had to type Gaylord 12:3. WTF???
  • ShAnWOW - March 17, 2009 2:11 a.m.

seriously, if Halo did not have the flood included, or the mission "Cortana" i would consider giving it a 9.6 or something. but because of those moronic "flood" zombies and that uber depressing mission, i only give it around 8.5. and yeah. the blue turtle shell... horrible idea