• Metroidhunter32 - December 5, 2010 4:54 p.m.

The identy of the killer in Persona 4. That is probally one of the best kept secrets in a videogame. They even have a guy who is clearly the killer, but isn't. Also, you have to select the killer from a list of EVERYONE in the game right down to your little sister. So if you missed the 1 vauge clue that they gave in the middle of an intense cutscene so you wouldn't notice it then you can't win.
  • ensabahnur - November 21, 2010 7:58 p.m.

Bioshock was a good twist
  • flk - November 19, 2010 12:03 p.m.

KOTOR # 1 = HELL YEAH! I remember playing that game. Something felt out of place but I wouldn't have guessed that the character was actually the biggest bad-ass of the galaxy, Revan.
  • barrage7667 - November 18, 2010 11:26 p.m.

EXCUSE ME!!! how about azimuth killing ratchet in a crack in time?!?!? no one saw that coming right? RIGHT??!??!?!?! oh wait...
  • Zeb364 - November 18, 2010 7:31 p.m.

I would have swapped Bioshock and KOTOR but they're both amazing. This was an awesome list. Although I think it's a little unfair to call Heavy Rain's ending a plot twist when it is in fact just an unplausible ending. I mean, you know it wasn't him because you know he couldn't have killed the watchmaker. I would have pulled that one in favor of Red Dead because that ending hit me like a shit ton of bricks. I mean honestly, who saw John's death coming? If you must include Heavy Rain then put it in the notable mentions where Red Dead was.
  • Crypto140 - November 18, 2010 4:06 p.m.

After looking at the last Raiden picture, I suddenly got more self conficence.
  • Vader999 - November 18, 2010 3:51 p.m.

Revan fucking deserves No. 1
  • JADENkOTOR - November 17, 2010 8:44 p.m.

KOTOR is the best game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ryno - November 16, 2010 8:57 p.m.

Where's Enslaved: Odyssey to the West?
  • CanadianBeaverHunter - November 16, 2010 6:36 p.m.

Still remember being shocked by the Metroid ending. Good times.
  • Syncmaster - November 16, 2010 5:07 p.m.

ah Raiden is not really a plot twist. its a gameplay twist thats all. But MGS2 had a ton of plot twists, learning that all thats happening there is just to make you gamer (as Raiden) become a badass like Snake was a genius play. too bad most ppl never got it
  • philipshaw - November 16, 2010 11:36 a.m.

Great article, I personally would have Bioshock at number 1 because I played the game a year after it came out and somehow managed to avoid the big spoiler
  • sleepy92ismypsn - November 16, 2010 4:43 a.m.

Great Top 7. I've beaten most of the games on this list and the others I will most likely never play.
  • spideralex90 - November 16, 2010 4:23 a.m.

Awesome top 7. Bioshock and KOTOR justly deserve the top.
  • phoenix_wings - November 16, 2010 3:54 a.m.

The little girl in the one picture that just found out her dad is a cross-dresser looks like she's about to laugh and say "I told you so, Mommy!" LOL Aaanyway. Good list! Pretty much all of these made me go "Wait...what? Oh, DAMMIT!" A game that wasn't mentioned was L4D...>>> Although it isn't revealed in the game itself, the comics (which are cannon) show that all of the Survivors are actually carriers of the disease. I know that I should have realized that, and facepalmed myself for not realizing it, I still thought it was awesome and unexpected.
  • Zeipher - November 16, 2010 3 a.m.

Once again, no one wants to admit that Andrew Ryan killing himself in Bioshock makes absolutely no sense. I understand its a shocker to find out you're basically a robot, but they ruined it by injecting an unnecessary plot device. Think about it. Why did Ryan use you to kill himself?
  • hanktherapper - November 16, 2010 3 a.m.

From the beginning, I knew the Atlas twist in "Bioshock" because it was set up just like System Shock 2.
  • yetanotherCid304 - November 16, 2010 1:40 a.m.

@kennytheinsane: nah, i kinda figured that out before namine told us, it was shocking tho'.
  • yetanotherCid304 - November 16, 2010 1:38 a.m.

Great Article GR! You articles is awesome! (Turning in CATZ) Would you kindly keep writing more?
  • Markstone - November 16, 2010 1:37 a.m.

The KOTOR twist simply blew my mind :D