Topics

Best of 2010

• xboxwarriorx - December 28, 2010 8:59 a.m.

wow, most of threse games are the best version on xbox 360, may smoke you'll make yous QQ when yous imagine may games collection lol owned x_x merry xmas to xbox broothers x_x bum rot to may enemies
  • jmcgrotty - December 28, 2010 8:21 a.m.

This list to me proves a major thing: non-exclusive games are (one of) the worst thing to happen to the industry. Back before games started appearing on all systems, we could argue with each other about who had the best games, but it would mostly be in fun, since you couldn't do an actual direct comparison. Now with cross-platform releases, you have all of us supernerds breaking down the minute differences between the game for each system. "Sure, System1 is better in the submenu screen access, but System2 kicks its ass at how quickly the game can boot up! Mines better! You suck and so does your favorite system!" Insert 30 pages of comments going back and forth, mostly making each poster look like an idiot.
  • papergoon - December 28, 2010 6:41 a.m.

TOO. MUCH. WII. Okay, even though imma ps3 user, I'll admit I do envy Halo. And one more thing, WHERE THE HECK IS STARCRAFT?
  • yonderTheGreat - December 28, 2010 5:34 a.m.

These might be some of the stupidest comments I've seen on the internet in a long, long time. Kudos to the GamesRadar community!
  • billywitchdr - December 28, 2010 5:13 a.m.

Whoa. A PS# exclusive beat out halo? Never thought I'd see that coming.
  • SolidEye - December 28, 2010 4:59 a.m.

Well I was very disappointed in GOWIII. It had a great opening and then, it felt like the rest of game was nothing but filler till the final battle. How many hallways and caves that led to mostly uninspired locations did we have to go through till the game actually "started". Ghosts of Sparta was better! ...I would've put Uncharted 2 in it's place.
  • Hobogonigal - December 28, 2010 3:06 a.m.

Could anyone explain how Donkey Kong Country has the best graphics on the Wii? There has surely been games with better graphics: SMG1, SMG2, Metroid Prime 3, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey? It just shows how phrases like 'arguably the best graphics on the...' are seriously overused to the point where they are just not valid.
  • The_Tingler - December 28, 2010 3:06 a.m.

@Spor: I like the way you mocked the previous commenter for not noticing "console" in the title when you completely failed to notice the "of 2010" part. And yes Jadenkorr, Super Meat Boy came out on PC. It was just 3.75 in the Steam sale, so now everyone owns it on PC. I hate it.
  • Overlord153 - December 28, 2010 2:36 a.m.

Didn't Tatsunoko vs. Capcom come out this year. If so it should be on here. Holds me over until Marvel vs. Capcom 3 comes out!
  • tyler_14_420 - December 28, 2010 12:46 a.m.

@Spor: Uncharted 2 was released in October 2009. This is the best exclusives of 2010. Sorry :(
  • icbacomingupwithapropername - December 28, 2010 12:43 a.m.

Personally I would have put fable 3 on there but that's because I'm amassive fan of the serie that said this is still a good list.
  • juicenpancakes - December 27, 2010 10:27 p.m.

I completely agree with this list, except, as a huge Disney fan, I likely would've swapped Monster Hunter Tri with Epic Mickey. Everyday I wake up and pray to frozen body of Walt Disney that he makes Epic Mickey come to the PS360.
  • JADENkOTOR - December 27, 2010 10:15 p.m.

@ 4fromK: Its ironic that out of ALL the studios that are out there, the one that just happened to make the most retro experience, was Retro Studios. That is one of the most fitting uses of the word ironic. Did Super Meat Boy come out on PC? If not it should be up there. I can't think of much else.
  • CatrParrot - December 27, 2010 10:03 p.m.

What, no love for No More Heroes 2? Nonetheless, this is still a good list.
  • FOZ - December 27, 2010 9:41 p.m.

Galaxy 2 doesn't let you skip hard levels. The entire story (first 60 stars) just felt like an extended tutorial and levels scrapped from the first game reassembled. If you want to get to the ACTUAL new and clever stuff, you need to scrounge up all the secret and comet stars and get past 120 stars, which is rather ridiculous given that the first Galaxy was brilliant right from the start. Blergh
  • Felixthecat - December 27, 2010 9:39 p.m.

I couldn't agree more. DKCR and SMG2 are both absolutely brilliant. Halo: Reach hardly has the best multiplayer ever though.
  • Turboash - December 27, 2010 9:20 p.m.

GOW 3 was a joke... unless you REALLY like cut-scenes. GOW 1 is still the best in the series. Any yes... PLEASE Sony, I want Limbo!
  • RamenDragon - December 27, 2010 8:30 p.m.

I largely agree, but I fail to understand why DKC Returns beat out Kirby for the list. I imagine Brett will agree with me on the podcast.
  • Aletheon - December 27, 2010 7:53 p.m.

Sorry PC snobs. Consoles are where it's at.
  • Spybreak8 - December 27, 2010 7:49 p.m.

Sorry to post again but I'd throw Alan Wake on a Runner up mention as it's a fairly good game with many moments you couldn't get anywhere else.