Topics

Top 7

• KnightDehumidifier - November 8, 2010 11:49 p.m.

I would say that while the list is accurate, you should've given a nod out to Skate. EA's attempt to create a "realistic" skateboarding game turned out perfectly, and knocked off the once dominant Tony Hawk franchise into a state of disarray. The original and its sequels got rave reviews, plus the Hall of Meat alone is worth price of admission to have skateboarding dudes get their collar bones snapped as they ram into concrete. Worth mentioning.
  • ayoyo227 - November 8, 2010 11:43 p.m.

where's God of War? that was def. one of the best
  • Yeager1122 - November 8, 2010 11:37 p.m.

Yay Mass Effect was number one just makes me really wish my game hadent been stolen though.
  • Brutalicus - November 8, 2010 11:33 p.m.

That was supposed to show up as "bracket X bracket on bracket Y bracket" but nooooooo....
  • lovinmyps3 - November 8, 2010 11:29 p.m.

Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Left 4 Dead, and Mass Effect have become some of my favorite series of all time, not just this generation. Great Top 7!
  • Brutalicus - November 8, 2010 11:28 p.m.

I feel like there's a "I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite on " joke here, but it's not coming to me.
  • Aletheon - November 8, 2010 11:20 p.m.

Mass Effect is a fitting #1 for today's gamers. A game that is easy as can be, and makes kids think they are smart when they play it. Perfect!
  • JD_Method - November 8, 2010 11:08 p.m.

I never really got into Mass Effect or Gears, but I liked Assassin's Creed, Left 4 Dead and Uncharted so it's good to see them here.
  • Channel4 - November 8, 2010 11:08 p.m.

Is Mass Effect 2 really that good? I have the first on my laptop and I can't bear to play it for more than five minutes. It's so boring and cliched. I just don't understand how people can like it. Other than that pretty good list.
  • Clovin64 - November 8, 2010 10:44 p.m.

This list proves that its not just the old nostalgia-inducing games that should be remembered. This generation has been kick ass so far. As a PS3 owner, I'm eager for Mass Effect 2 to come out on PS3 so that I can see what all the bloody fuss is about. On a final note, I prefered Assassins Creed 1 rather than AC2. Maybe its because Ezio really pisses me off.
  • elpurplemonkey - November 8, 2010 10:39 p.m.

Great Top 7. I agree with the entirety of this list- especially Mass Effect. ME2 is my game of the year and one of my favorite games of all item. It just had everything- story, characters, fun shooting, RPG depth. A landmark title.
  • JADENkOTOR - November 8, 2010 10:39 p.m.

@ Fishow753: You can stop sticking up for PS3, you get to play ME2 shortly if you can just hold out a little longer. @ stuartramone: BioWare overrated? All they do is make quality games... They are the best dev out there and I can't even think of a close second. This was one of the best top 7's in some time and agree with everything on it... I even liked the order which you ranked everything which I can't say that very often. Good shit.
  • SausageLozenge - November 8, 2010 10:38 p.m.

Talk about stirring up the hornets nest. You got balls G-dar! Great big ones!!
  • skeletalbutton - November 8, 2010 10:28 p.m.

Yes! Mass Effect wins another meaningless list. I feel so proud of it!
  • DataCode - November 8, 2010 10:25 p.m.

what kind of idiot says fool
  • CancerMan - November 8, 2010 10:23 p.m.

@DataCode Halo=Last generation, you fool!
  • CancerMan - November 8, 2010 10:22 p.m.

Too bad I'll never play Uncharted, and I guess I will eventually play the time sink that is Mass Effect. I have played all the other games on this list and would say Bioshock is my personal favorite (it's soooooo good).
  • DataCode - November 8, 2010 10:21 p.m.

i am truly surprised halo was not up there
  • 510BrotherPanda - November 8, 2010 10:19 p.m.

DS and Wii are all but forgotten on this list other than Prof. Layton. And what about PSP's Patapon? Does this list require high graphics or story?
  • mattchew86 - November 8, 2010 10:18 p.m.

Glad to see Uncharted on here. And Bioshock.