Topics

Top 7

• Dredgon - November 9, 2010 2:31 a.m.

Mass Effect FTW, best series ever!!!!!
  • g4m3rk1dd - November 9, 2010 2:27 a.m.

each of these games deserved to be on this list and if it wasnt a top 7 list the others would no doubt deserve to be included. that said i didnt get into bioshock until late because it just didnt look appealing to me. i waited until my brother forced himself to buy bioshock 2 and then i got sucked right in and i've replayed it quite a few times and now i want to play the full game of bioshock instead of just being a bum and playing the demo. well played GR well played.
  • FriendlyFire - November 9, 2010 2:08 a.m.

I'm surprised Dragon Age didn't make the "nearly there but not quite" pit. I'm also surprised you didn't manage to shoehorn Okami in there, bending the rules a bit for it to fit :P (hey, PS2's still being sold, it's technically current gen!) Great list though, couldn't agree more.
  • BigLandoz - November 9, 2010 2 a.m.

Good list. Good read. Don't know if I would have put Assassin's Creed on the list. The first Assassin's Creed was showing there was an idea, but I thought fell through as a game. AC2 was great, but one game doesn't make a great franchise. Just my opinion though.
  • flustercuck - November 9, 2010 1:57 a.m.

I gotta say I agree with every entry, may not agree with the order but that's a minor point.
  • wedgie - November 9, 2010 1:49 a.m.

Have not played Mass Effect yet, but it is definitely on my soon to play list. And I would also like to throw in an honorable mention of Dragon Age. That is one of my favorite games this generation, in addition to many of the ones on this list.
  • elmaropwnz - November 9, 2010 1:34 a.m.

Mass effect is good and all, but i don't like it that much. Other reasonable choices: Deadrising, modern warfare(i don't associate that with CoD),little big planet, or any of the sequels that were spawned from originals on different systems, but were perfected on these one(red dead redemption, anyone?) Decent writing though, good subject
  • FanofSaiyan - November 9, 2010 1:29 a.m.

People have to remember these lists are limited to 7 things, so not everybody's going to get the game in the list that they wanted. I'm just happy that some games get their credit (like Jak 2 for example in a previous top 7 article). :P
  • AGENTJORRRG - November 9, 2010 1:21 a.m.

Uhh...Crackdown?
  • bron1417 - November 9, 2010 12:50 a.m.

i'm very happy with this list. Mass Effect #1 yea!! this is my favorite franchise right now. cant wait for ME3
  • Arucard04 - November 9, 2010 12:50 a.m.

"360/PS3/DS/Wii" huh? I know you included the bit at the end but LocoRoco/Patapon > Layton. But I don't think you guys even have a PSP in GR headquarters.
  • HardMetalManiac - November 9, 2010 12:23 a.m.

Mass Effect is a excellent choice. With its memorable characters, viseral gameplay, and sprawling narrative with choices that follow you throughout the games, I think its safe to say that Mass Effect will be one of the best science fiction trilogies of all time.
  • ninjastovall0 - November 9, 2010 12:16 a.m.

i dont understand what u mean generation? i dont like most of these games especially bioshock creed and gears are okay i wouldnt say best layton is a big stretch seeing how he only has 2 games on ds
  • IBrokeMyPipboy - November 9, 2010 12:16 a.m.

I agree with the entire list, good article.
  • FrozenImplosion - November 9, 2010 12:13 a.m.

Never liked Mass Effect, but I love Bioshock :3 Gears is meh, Uncharted is meh, I love Prof Layton and LEft 4 Dead though :D I'd say this is a very good list since many of these games have become essential staples in their respective genres. But still I hate to see Mass Effect beat Bioshock at anything...
  • dibs - November 9, 2010 12:06 a.m.

Mass Effect 2 is a good game, great even, but a deep RPG it is not. It's got a deep universe with interesting characters and plot, but has an extremely shallow shooting mechanic tacked on in place of any real gameplay. It's a good game, but not a good RPG.
  • Psylockerules - November 9, 2010 12:01 a.m.

damn straight Mass effect is the best
  • nemesisuprising - November 9, 2010 12:01 a.m.

@AlpineGuy Rock Band isnt in it because it just took what guitar hero had and made it better, but even though it was better than GH it still wasnt revolutionary ...and where da fok is kingdom hearts? lol
  • juicenpancakes - November 8, 2010 11:57 p.m.

@ayoyo227: I know! And they didn't even put in Mario. GR is so stupid. Come on dude. Read the first paragraph, AND THEN you can just read the titles of the 7 games.
  • Ganonpork - November 8, 2010 11:57 p.m.

HOLY SHIT NO MORE HEROES GETS RECOGNIZED AS AWESOME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!