• qwed123 - March 2, 2010 2:44 a.m.

I loved FF9, cant wait till it gets re-released on PSN. (if ever)
  • RogueRED - March 2, 2010 3:42 a.m.

Wow..XII was only 7? seriously? bullcrap. VIII didn't even make the list, And X was my absolute hands down favorite. I'n gonna find every game in this list now. cept for the ones I already have.
  • ssj4raditz - March 2, 2010 4:29 a.m.

Agreed! VI is my favorite also.
  • Cwf2008 - March 2, 2010 5:12 a.m.

"As series with 13 entries"? Mes thinks someones grammar is a wee bit off
  • BigBoss11 - March 2, 2010 6:23 a.m.

I was at the end of FF VI, VIII, and had beaten FF VII and IX with everything completed but, I had to reformat my memory card and lost it all! Tried FF VI again on my psp and my data got corrupted twice, sigh, I don't think I'm allowed to beat that game for some reason, which is a shame since it's definately my favorite.
  • Church117 - March 2, 2010 7:23 a.m.

Im kinda disappointed about ff12 not being higher it was my fav out of all of them (ive played tactics, 8,9, and 10) i loved almost every thing especially the battle system. and no chezzy ass love story which was a nice change from the norm.
  • jmcgrotty - March 2, 2010 8:28 a.m.

This article had a massive typo. You forgot to include FF1 at #1.
  • rynmls - March 2, 2010 11:11 a.m.

no FFVIII? sad i've finish this game 5 times...
  • HeavyTank - March 2, 2010 11:48 a.m.

The only FF game I've ever played was 7...and yes, I did love it, but I don't get whiny if someone says it's not "teh beast gaem evar". I was only a kid when I played it (and I didn't even get to finish it), but I have some very good memories..especially the music and the backgrounds were, in a word, magical..the combat, on the other hand, not so much.It was really, really grindy and pretty frustrating.I would like to play that game again sometime. ( captcha: challenge sodding)
  • philipshaw - March 2, 2010 1:54 p.m.

My favorite FF game has to be FF VII because it was my first RPG and the story and music was great. But I also really enjoy FF IV
  • crumbdunky - March 2, 2010 2 p.m.

Isn't the whole point of liking FF the bitching about the numbered main editions. I actually preferred playing bloody Crisis Core last year a lot more than i did replaying FF7. So shoot me. Makes me giggle to see just how many ;pairs of panties are getting all twisted over FF13 starting in a linear fashion! As if there wasn't gopnna be wailing WHATEVER they did! They could remake FF7 as faithfully as possible and only update the graphics and STILL the moans would outweigh the cheers. Face it FF fandom is a bitchfest and all the better for it.
  • Ensoul - March 2, 2010 2:07 p.m.

@rynmls: Five times? That is sad. I'm just kidding it's a fine game. The draw system kinda confused me though. Having to horde spells and not use them so you don't lose weaken your stats. @fanboyhunter : That's interesting because I feel the exact opposite. Sprites from Nes and Snes days are timeless; while most anything from the PS 1 era have aged terribly graphic wise. Speaking as an expert on all things Final fantasy (which I am not) FF 6 is the clear and logical choice for top spot. Good show.
  • metalgatesolid - March 2, 2010 3:04 p.m.

No, no, no, no, no, no!!!! My opinion is that whatever Final Fantasy got you into the series, is the best one. All are good games but when i first played VII i wasnt too impressed, role on X on the PS2 and I was well and truely hooked and after playing it for near-on 400 hours I believe X to be the best one.
  • TheCreamFilling - March 2, 2010 8:04 p.m.

Final Fantasy made me realize I hate turn based RPGs, but at least it helped me learn roman numerals.
  • SumCallMeTalent - March 2, 2010 11:12 p.m.

no VIII???? Bullsh*t
  • TheGodEmperor - March 3, 2010 7:11 a.m.

11) FFXII - piss poor characters with no real point to the story except 3 of them really, tidious and boring character development, a story that's not even in the foreground really, and a bland battles.. over all the game sucked. 10) FFVIII - Characters sucked, Gameplay had good ideas but terrible execution, story had huge plot holes. World and music were good. 9) FFX-2 - Characters, Music, Story sucked, but the gameplay was damn fun. 8) FFI - The first, a great game for its time and revolutionized crap, but over all not that great of a game really lol. 7) FFII - A huge improvement to FFI, still had some meh issues. 6) FFV - Job system was a great GREAT invention, story and characters weren't bad either. Not great imo but not bad at all. 5) FFX - Some would put this way lower, but I personally loved it. The characters were interesting, the world was the best developed yet, the music was great, the story was good, and the gameplay was fun. Only thing that sucked was the loss of flying your airship around the world. 4) FFIV - Really hard for me to put it only at 4th cause I loved this game a ton too. But I just love the next 3 a bit more. Even though FFIV was my first and still one of my all time faves. 2) FFVII/FFVI - I can't choose between these two. So I place them both at 2nd place in a tie for being fucking awesome. 1) FFIX - And my all time favorite. Bringing back the old feeling of FF from my childhood and improving the music, gameplay, pacing, story, characters, everything. The best FF to date and I don't see it ever being removed off the #1 spot what with Nomura leading the FF team. other FF titles I'm not sure where to place really. Overall, series is great, but some games were better than others. And I haven't played FFIII yet so I can't rank it
  • 4fromK - March 3, 2010 8:03 a.m.

yeah, for some reason IX was my favourite, although I've only played 7,8,9, a bit of 1 and 2 (which I think maybe should have been 4??? theres something weird about the translation chronology)
  • iluvmyDS - March 3, 2010 5:53 p.m.

I've never finished a Final Fantasy (I almost did with 3) but I love X and XII. I really want those remakes of IV, V, and VI.
  • Dondada - March 3, 2010 6:38 p.m.

Thank you gamesradar, not only is FFVI the greatest FF game but the greatest game evaR made.
  • Zeipher - March 4, 2010 2:33 a.m.

Lulz, Grim has a point. "Psh, I bet you don't even know who Cecil is." *frantically mashes Gameboy buttons*