• Cwf2008 - March 2, 2010 5:12 a.m.

"As series with 13 entries"? Mes thinks someones grammar is a wee bit off
  • ssj4raditz - March 2, 2010 4:29 a.m.

Agreed! VI is my favorite also.
  • RogueRED - March 2, 2010 3:42 a.m.

Wow..XII was only 7? seriously? bullcrap. VIII didn't even make the list, And X was my absolute hands down favorite. I'n gonna find every game in this list now. cept for the ones I already have.
  • qwed123 - March 2, 2010 2:44 a.m.

I loved FF9, cant wait till it gets re-released on PSN. (if ever)
  • GameManiac - March 2, 2010 2:07 a.m.

It's a good thing I don't have preferences over games in franchises (especially my favorite ones), which is why I don't get all obsessive and whiny about specific ones. FFIV (the 2008 DS version) was the ONLY FF game I've played, and aside from the console-launching difficulty (which I can easily tolerate), I loved it, especially since often, I felt as though the characters actually DIED at points. I feel as though I should find FFVII, beat it, and compare it to FFIV (I'm not surprised at it being in 3rd).
  • Sabtos - March 2, 2010 1:27 a.m.

lol, VII above X. Shameful
  • snothammer - March 2, 2010 1:07 a.m.

I liked IV overall, but there were a few things that really annoyed me. Mainly Tellah. I fucking hate Tellah. And it wasn't his character I hated really, but degraded worth in battle. I was happy when he died, instead of sad. If only his MP had been greater than 90, I would have been happy with him. Oh, and the grinding got to be a little much. (I still need to play the rest of the series, though).
  • nik41507 - March 2, 2010 12:43 a.m.

WHen will there be a FINAL fantasy?
  • Metroidhunter32 - March 2, 2010 12:38 a.m.

I'd hope VI is the best, it's in the mail. I went onto the biggest FF fan site I knew, said I had a GBA and a wii and asked what Final Fantasy game I should get. Unanimously, everyone who was there said I should get six. One of them then continued to trash VII for the next hour. So opinions vary on that one evidently.
  • robotechandnarutosucks - March 1, 2010 11:54 p.m.

FINAL FANTASY SUCKS BIG COCK FINAL FANTASY SUCKS BIG COCK FINAL FANTASY SUCKS BIG COCK FINAL FANTASY SUCKS BIG COCK FINAL FANTASY SUCKS BIG COCK FINAL FANTASY SUCKS BIG COCK FINAL FANTASY SUCKS BIG COCK
  • fanboyhunter - March 1, 2010 11:48 p.m.

Sorry guys but I'll go with FF7 as the best followed by X and 9. I could never sit down with a sprite based FF for longer than an hour. The lame graphics turned me off. And yes this is back when they were new.
  • JizzyB - March 1, 2010 11:36 p.m.

Oh, and one more thing. FF9 had a lousy story with uninteresting characters. And the final boss was a joke. Easiest piece of sword fodder I ever got jiggy with.
  • JizzyB - March 1, 2010 11:24 p.m.

BOOOO!!!!BOOOO!!! Where's FF8? FF4 better than 7? Poppycock and boulderdash!
  • lovinmyps3 - March 1, 2010 11:17 p.m.

I'm glad you guys didn't sell out and put VII at number one. Way to show chutzpah!
  • JustTheBoBreaker - March 1, 2010 10:57 p.m.

I haven't played a JRPG in a while. Not because I think they're decreasing in quality, but I think I'm just used to the Western approach and storytelling.
  • Harmonator - March 1, 2010 10:47 p.m.

I honestly thought you'd put the first game as #1, seeing as it set it all off, but looks like I was wrong. I gotta get VI...
  • D0CCON - March 1, 2010 10:47 p.m.

first is 4 second is 6 the rest are junk, although I would put 12 in third if i had to
  • Cyberninja - March 1, 2010 10:37 p.m.

i say i have to agree with this because the only real ones i have are one and two on the gba so i hope when my friend finshes ff13 he will loan it to me
  • xDxP - March 1, 2010 10:31 p.m.

FF VII really was not only the first RPG I ever played, but the first console video game I ever owned (albeit on PC). So yeah Nostalgia wins out.
  • auri - March 1, 2010 10:20 p.m.

I've played III-X so this is my personal opinion I really did not enjoy X, it took me years to finally complete. My personal favorite is VIII, though I'm biased since it was my first. I can understand the dislike if you're a magic user.. I was a GF whore and I loved the story though. Very special during that period of my life. Sadly my Squall was a much much higher level than the rest of my crew though. VI is probably the best and I finally finished it recently even. I also beat IV and III on the DS last year and I have to say, I enjoyed III much more than IV. VII is third on the list for me as well, materia was just simply fun. I really disliked IX overall but I found it very fun and addictive at the same time. I did not like the story, characters or limit breaks though. I find it very similar to FF V, they're both fun and I enjoyed them more than X at least. I now have I and II on the iPhone but I hate the controls. So to recap.. personal favs.. 8 then 6, 7.. from there it's tricky, tie between III, V and IX... then a tie between X and IV. Blasphemy, I know.