We Recommend

• ruochong-wu - 9 hours, 47 minutes ago

Type-0 was EXTREMELY good. My friend got me it when he traveled to Japan and it ruined my sleep for a month. While not turn base combat the action based combat was really good and smooth, the graphics were beautiful considering the low horsepower of the PSP, the world was huge and had LOADS of secrets to discover, but the best was the story, which in my opinion is one of the best in FF history. The deaths of characters made me very sad, the plot twist in the end leading to the final suicide mission caught me completely off guard, and the ending brought tears to my eyes. I truly hope one day Square will come to their senses and release this work worldwide and on more platforms
  • james-eide - April 19, 2014 5:13 p.m.

No Type-0??? never played it but i heard it was good?? is it even out in america???? @.@ Google powers activate!!
  • luke-mcardle - April 19, 2014 12:32 p.m.

im playing 10 right now its my favourite :D
  • mark-miller - April 19, 2014 11:19 a.m.

this list should be drastically cut down. i say how about a 7 best final fantasy games. FUCK YOU COCKSUCKER. THIS ISNT SPAM
  • evoxpisces - March 18, 2014 10:43 a.m.

There is no right or wrong rankings of Final Fantasy games - everyone has their own opinion. That said, I'm shocked to see FFTA2: Grimoire of the Rift ridiculously high on the list. I thought it was mediocre at best, and in no way better than FFT or FFTA. In any event, here is my list: 1. Final Fantasy IX 2. Final Fantasy XII 3. Final Fantasy X 4. Final Fantasy IV (original) 5. Final Fantasy VI 6. Final Fantasy VII 7. Final Fantasy XIII 8. Final Fantasy VIII 9. Final Fantasy V 10. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • thelegendaryX - March 13, 2014 6:45 a.m.

Faves are, in no particular order: FF9, FF6, FF7, FF8, and FF12 Least favorites are FF10 and FF13 because of the linearity (in more than one aspect of the gameplay) and annoying characters.
  • metalgatesolid - February 27, 2014 11:48 a.m.

Final Fantasy X is my favorite. One that really got me into the series. Tried VII enjoyed but didnt love it. X was beautiful and had one of the best stories outside Metal Gear Solid,
  • steven-grau - February 25, 2014 10:49 a.m.

Excellent article. As a big Final Fantasy fan, it's nice to see an objective look at the series like this. Very refreshing compared to the "my favourite one is the best and all others are garbage!" statement most people make. Good stuff, gamesradar!
  • pinoklin - February 24, 2014 8:39 p.m.

I am really glad you included theathrythm, which happens to be my fav 3ds game so far
  • TrAnMu - February 24, 2014 10:46 a.m.

I appreciate that XIII is on this list (And XIII-2 as well though I prefer XIII). It really is a beautiful game that tells a great story with a fun battle system. Sure its linear for 2/3 of the game but that matters so little when the content is all still there. There are still missions, megabosses, etc. to keep you busy well after the credits roll. If you really invest yourself in the mythos that the game creates (it becomes a little muddled in XIII-2; haven't played LR yet), and in the complexity and openness of the battle system, there is a lot of fun to be had.
  • richard-stachowsk-iii - February 24, 2014 9:40 a.m.

The list is already complete crap,cause two of the XIIIs are included.all three of those games suck.In fact the XIIIs make me believe SE is ran by barely functional idiots that want to kill the franchise.Only the most devout and blind fanboy will say the XIIIs were in anyway good FF games.Don't believe me the HD rerelease of X and X-2 are doing better in sales then the XIIIs.
  • CalamityEnsues - February 24, 2014 12:44 p.m.

Whoa dude, so edgy. Never head that before. XIII was not anywhere near the best but it was far far FAR from crap. Why not shut your fat face up and take your crying elsewhere. Thanks!
  • pinoklin - February 24, 2014 8:40 p.m.

Chill dude, it's not GR's fault you have a terrible taste in games
  • DaveGoose - February 24, 2014 8:34 a.m.

I disagree with the list entirely. I think part of what makes FF great is how different the games are and how people react to them. If you ask 10 people what their favourite FF game you could get 10 different answers. But I am all for any articles on Final Fantasy! Keep them coming!
  • Clovin64 - February 23, 2014 7:29 a.m.

It makes me sad to see FFXII so low, as it's easily one of my absolute favourites. A huge explorable world, more mature story-telling and dialogue, no real random encounters, almost limitless character customisation and an enormous amount of optional content. Not to mention Balthier is a sexy beast, and is possibly my favourite FF character ever. I'm currently finishing up another playthrough of FFVI (the World of Ruin takes me quite a while to get through!), and I'm planning on going back to FFIX after that. Personally, I'd love FF16 to go back to its colourful medievil fantasy style, with fun, warm and lovable characters. FF15 currently looks far too po-faced and serious right now.
  • Doctor_Pancakes - February 23, 2014 8:30 a.m.

Pretty sure they made Bravely Default to satisfy old school Final Fantasy fans and they did a fantastic job of it! So your wish had happened!
  • Clovin64 - February 23, 2014 11:26 a.m.

Maybe I'm just being greedy, but I'd love a proper current gen old-skool style FF :P Can't wait till I actually get around to buying the full version of Bravely Default, the demo was awesome sauce!
  • mafyooz - February 23, 2014 12:50 a.m.

No Dirge Of Cerberus? For shame.... ;)
  • sephex - February 24, 2014 9:55 a.m.

Thank God!
  • timothy-pearson - February 24, 2014 11:19 a.m.

For real lol, one of my favorite Final Fantasies XD