Topics

Halloweek

• NelosAngelos - October 30, 2008 12:25 a.m.

Some of gaming's greatest characters are on this list. Just shows to go ya, people like being scared and people like the bad guys. Pyramid Head is probably the worst, what kinda boss instead of dying just gets bored and walks away after you unload on his ass. A true bad ass like Pyramid Head.
  • FierceDeity - October 29, 2008 7:32 p.m.

*shudder* redeads
  • noobmasteroftehworld - October 29, 2008 12:56 a.m.

i think that the regenerators from RE4 are the scariest monsters ive ever seen. i literally shit my pants when u turn the corner in the laboratory and hes standing right there
  • ryno - December 9, 2008 7:36 p.m.

the chameleon from resistance 2 should be here
  • ryno - November 21, 2008 9:15 p.m.

Nemesis ROCKS
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - November 21, 2008 8:04 p.m.

Not particularly a fan of horror-survival games, though i loved the silent hill film (yes, im british. we call them films, you call 'em movies. GET OVER IT) and just love horror films overall. useless trivia- the word "Shodan" is the first full blackbelt grade in japanese martial arts, showing people smart enough to know this during system shock 2 that this computer has either renamed itself to seem more superior or has actually been secretly programmed for the whole "mad AI" thing And i thought useless trivia lessons at school were useless... lol
  • ryno - November 21, 2008 7:53 p.m.

you should do a scariest villans part 2 that includes the tyrant from Dead space. you know the one that can regenerate limbs.
  • Baconator96 - November 18, 2008 7:25 a.m.

The Hunter from dead space deserves a seat between Pyramid Head and Dr. Sal. He isnt just a regenerating, nigh-invulnerable death dealing zombie alien, hes a bioenginnered zombie alien that stalks you from below, using the underneaths of the floor to follow and then burst out at you, even into locked rooms, and oftentimes with other, lesser necromorphs. He doesnt just regenerate, he survives decapitation, multiple amputations, and being bisected, THEN bloodilt plops out a new apendage, all the while attacking you with whatever he has left. And while he is attacking you, you were/are being taunted by his creator, a crazed religious zealot telling you to just let it kill you. It isnt until after a level of being hunted do you finallay stasis him inside of a cryotube, and run like hell, dodging the mutilated alien babies shooting acid at you, to (hopefully) get to the freezing controls before the stasis wears off and send the zombiecicle to god knows where. mission accomplished, UNTIL he starts chasing you later, apparently reawakened, this time with a squad of superfast alien supersoliders. Finally, you stasis him in front of a rocket and melt him, which doesnt even destroy his body completely.
  • Mystery514 - November 9, 2008 7:55 p.m.

I also think that the Regenerators from Resident Evil4 is worthy. The deep breathing creeped me out every time!
  • Mystery514 - November 9, 2008 7:53 p.m.

I feel like Kryll from Gears of War should have been in here. They are small but in groups, they will their you limb from limb.
  • pot - November 5, 2008 7:57 a.m.

what a great beheading by dr. salvatore. i must admit, re4 freaked me out man, but RE games always have. The atmosphere, the creature designs, soundtrack, they all play a pivotal part in making you fear something you know is fake. I agree with giving a RE game the top honor. No other series has consistently scared me as much as RE has. SH is a very close 2nd.
  • pot - November 5, 2008 7:52 a.m.

What the freak is Pyramid head doing to the two things in the beginning of the SH video? I could never figure that out, it looks like hes raping them lol
  • TrippyMan - November 2, 2008 6:14 a.m.

I havent even PLAYED SH2, but there's something about Pyriamid Head, something sentimental, he's willing to actually torture/rape other monsters; it's like he's actually in the same situation you are, only he has a bigass knife.
  • Phantom-swordsman - October 31, 2008 2:14 a.m.

I think the redeads are eating your head...
  • IronGuy410 - October 30, 2008 7:50 p.m.

I agree with u guys the regenerators from resi 4 should be here. it's a shame.
  • Jason.Darksavior - October 30, 2008 8:25 a.m.

The Dead Rising video is heaps good.
  • maedene - October 30, 2008 3:06 a.m.

Is it just me, or does Adam Macintyre's voice sound like mickey mouse's? An insane, demented mickey mouse
  • Black_X_1111 - October 30, 2008 2:48 a.m.

@ mozaralio way up there: The reasone Pyramid man is in both articles is because the authors are different5. One thinks he's scary, and one doesn't
  • katwood92 - October 30, 2008 12:20 a.m.

I've only ran Dr. Salvador once (I'm not very far. I rented it, but I bought it Sunday. Score). It was frightening, a lot of that was due to the fact that I didn't know about him and I expected him, naturally, to die after a shotgun blast to the face.
  • marty20000 - October 29, 2008 7:48 p.m.

Haha i think GLaDoS was created from shodan they probably thought of that game and made glados :P