We Recommend

• SleepingDragon7 - December 23, 2009 5:46 a.m.

Good job on noticing Fawful. After I got M&L 3 for my birthday everyone is sick of me saying "I has chortles!"
  • Howetzer - December 22, 2009 4:24 p.m.

Lol WrathLord03 welcome to Gamesradar, that's what they do best.
  • WrathLord03 - December 22, 2009 2:02 p.m.

I see why you all picked Arkham Asylum over Uncharted 2. I have both, have played both at least 7 times each and are still playing either one of them eagerly, looking for all those details I may have missed. I see why you picked Arkham Asylum but...well, you gave it a 9. You gave Uncharted 2 a 10...So you're being a little hypocritical there, GamesRadar.
  • Sabtos - December 22, 2009 12:52 a.m.

Fun article.
  • Oxfordcomma4 - December 22, 2009 12:11 a.m.

Absafuckinlutely Arkham asylum. I'm still trying to convince friends of its unrelenting awesomeness, and sadly, it fails... That game deserves more credit, this coming from someone abhors superhero games...
  • slickninja - December 21, 2009 10:31 p.m.

LOL @ Crazyqazqaz's feeble attempts. You keep telling yourself that the 360 is better while I watch District 9 on my Blu-Ray playing PS3. That's right, I have it already.
  • Mirako - December 21, 2009 9:25 p.m.

Hot damn! you my friend are the biggest fanboy I have ever seen. I envy your passion for a single console, I love my 360 but with all the good games on the PS3 I'm tempted to get one.
  • Mirako - December 21, 2009 9:19 p.m.

PS3 only Joker Levels?! that's not fair :(
  • Howetzer - December 21, 2009 8:36 p.m.

Aight Crazyqazqaz, you asked for it here ya go just in time for your holiday enjoyment as well. AA for GOTY? No thanks. Sorry but Uncharted 2 is a way better game, now dont get me wrong AA is a great damn game, I love how the fight system works, by far the best hand-to-hand combat that I have ever expierenced. And yes I completed the game 100% did all the challenges and time trials so it's not like I haven't seen all the game has to offer. As far as Uncharted 2 goes though, it doesn't put up that big of a fight. You say you havent played it(because you own "the best console" well get back to that in a second) but the truth of the matter here is that you CANT play it on a crapbox 360, sorry but guess what youre junky system can't handle all the awesome goodness flying off that blu-ray disc at like 10,000 rpms. Even if it could it would prolly go RRoD on ya anyways. So seeing as you can't play it and yet you still deem it good enough from what youve heard about it to let it have runner up it seems to me that your abilities (or lack thereof) to judge a good game are well... lacking to say it nicely. Anyways, thanks for the chocolate medal it shall keep my mantle warm on these cold winter nights as I play the REAL GOTY: Uncharted 2. The story, the oh shit moments, the beautiful graphics, the excellent voice acting, the you name it man its ALL there in one game ladies and gentlemen, and that game is Uncharted 2. So nice try GR, way to skirt the issue of picking a PS3 exclusive game as your GOTY, because Microsoft prolly wouldn't give you your xmas bonuses or something, but jeeze AA? Come on! Who the hell is it that has such a hardon for Batman around the office anyways? Good god man take of the batman and robin underwear you're wearing and go to work! Here's the work you should be doing while I'm at it I might as well pretend Im Microsoft and just tell you what to do your stories on so here goes a cupple nuggets for ya: #1 change the award for most attention to detail from some stupid , lame-ass driving game (espeacially when every damn driving game out there has the things you listed) to a game that actually deserved it like inFamous. #2 Change the award for most oh shit moments for MW2 to most moments left saying to yourself: ok what the hell is going on here now? And give the oh shit moments award to Uncharted 2 where it belongs. #3 Write some story about how awesome Microsoft is and get the bills paid. ( I have a funny feeling you will only take one of my sugestions to heart) LOL Merry Christmas ALL!! Later.
  • Dill - December 21, 2009 8:34 p.m.

:D
  • TheWebSwinger - December 21, 2009 7:44 p.m.

C'mon, Batman AA as GOTY? It was damn good, but certainly not better than MW2 or even UC2. Oh well, I love the fact that the Platinum Chalice Awards are now (really, seriously) officially annual!
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - December 21, 2009 4:26 p.m.

No one has forgotten RE5, people are still talking about how flawed it was and every week there's a new developer quote saying that they don't want to be like RE5, it sucked. Flower is definitely the game of the year that people have already forgot, in fact I bet you forgot it. I myself would put it as my GOTY and I had to check to make sure it came out this year.
  • jackthemenace - December 21, 2009 9:28 a.m.

i really must buy arkham asylum at some point... must... play... muru... MASA...
  • crazyqazqaz - December 21, 2009 9:27 a.m.

shit, paragraphs don't show up. sorry
  • crazyqazqaz - December 21, 2009 9:26 a.m.

I wholeheartedly agree with the game of the year choice. Arkham Asylum was definately one of the most surprisingly good games this year and it gets my vote. I am happy that you didn't go for one of the more obvious or easy options like Modern Warfare 2 or Left 4 Dead 2(although I believe that L4D2 is extremely overrated and is far too close to the previous game. I didn't look twice.) Arkham Asylum got bit right in so many ways. The fight system I thought was excellent. The way you flow from punch to consecutive punch was euphoric and it throws up countless "oh wow!" moments as grunts fly through the air in slow motion. The challenging side of the fighting is attempting to get the highest score you possibly can by stringing together different moves and planning your way round the fight. You have to stay one step ahead at all times or you end up missing a punch or getting hit. It is the most addictive thing I have played this year (and that includes MW2's multiplayer). The highest rank in the leaderboards I have managed to achieve was in the late 300's which was a huge achievement. The stealth challenges on the other hand were just as immersive and fun. I wasn't as good at these as the fighting but some of my friends, who were much worse at the fighting, managed to pull off ridiculous times in the stealth. The game truly has something for everyone which makes it so much fun to play for so many differnt people. Some people look forward to the stealth missions while some prefer the fighting but many, like me, enjoyed it all. Batman Arkham Asylum 2 FTW! I have never played Uncharted 2 as I own the best console: an Xbox 360 (please feel free to argue the toss on that one.) However it sounds like an almighty game and one that probably deserves the runner up spot. I definately would buy it if I could. I regret though that you haven't given the runner up spot to Assassins Creed 2. Anyway I realise that I have written alot and so I would like to congratulate the nerd that bothered to read this mega-comment on the end of the fourth page. Have a chocolate medal.
  • Romination - December 21, 2009 7:35 a.m.

i dunno. i am somehow rolling my eyes at you quoting people for the fan votes. Oh, look, it's ravenbom and grrsnort. shock. But I'm just a bitchy asshole. Damn nice to see so many Wii games on here. Too bad most of them are going to suck at the retails.
  • Spybreak8 - December 21, 2009 5:57 a.m.

Hmm maybe Downloadable Game of the Year is Shadow Complex, it really can't compare with the AAA titles but I've played through and enjoyed Shadow Complex a lot.
  • Spybreak8 - December 21, 2009 5:29 a.m.

Dirt 2, man I love that game and I am very glad that my 360 can play it, unlike having to worry about my PC handling all that physics and grahpic awesomeness. Gyromancer, man I wanted to love that game but I didn't see enough Square Enix epic story to warner a purchase. My game of the year has to go to Shadow Complex, its just the way you to a nostalgic modern game on XBLA. I did enjoy Batman very much though. Oh and I bought both GTAIV episodes and loved the shit out of them, maybe even more so than the original story.
  • John-117 - December 20, 2009 11:33 p.m.

@GrenadeSpamAndSausages I'm talking about my opinion about Arkham Asylum, you may love it, and I agree that it's good but many aspects are directly ripped off of other games and don't add anything to them. Also, the majority of my comments here aren't about Batman, I just THINK that it isn't the proper GOTY winner. Mark Hamill is my second favourite to Cesar Romero. He may be a great voice actor but the other aspects of the game aren't as polished. I'm ENJOYING the game I just don't think it has superior quality and polish compared to many other games released this year. Assassin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, even Dragon Age: Origins take their established genres and push them and evolve the aspects that incorporate their gameplay and stylistic qualities. Batman isn't a bad game, I'm saying contrary to that. I BOUGHT the game for a reason, I enjoy the character and world of Batman, the voice acting is great but the gameplay, especially the boss fights, bring nothing new or interesting to the table. Enjoy the game all you like, I stop no one from doing that, but what I'm trying to say that IN MY OPINION Batman doesn't belong as GOTY. Many other establishments haven't given Batman GOTY to any platform. Remember the internet is about opinion I'm just stating mine, and attempting to be civilized.
  • DriveShaft - December 20, 2009 10:49 p.m.

Eh, I admit Arkham was good, for a Batman game. Uncharted 2 was AMAZING for games period. At least AC2 didn't win :D