We Recommend

• kamenryuki - January 9, 2011 12:08 p.m.

Not one mention of FF13. Much respect, GR Crew! That game IS awesome. Dang the naysayers.
  • Gurkogg - January 9, 2011 11:01 a.m.

Fallout NV disappointed me, not because I did not enjoy it (played for 300 hours so far), but because it was so damn buggy on release. There are signs all throughout the game that it was released before it was finished. To be honest, with Bethesda's track record I expected it to require at least 1 patch before it would be playable. That does not excuse shoving a game out before it is finished just to get the holiday sales revenue.
  • minimaxi - January 9, 2011 8:28 a.m.

mine is Castlevania:Lords of Shadow, but I think I'm alone *sigh* yes, I'm a Castlevania fanboy no, I don't think third dimension automatically ruins Castlevania no, it's NOT better than bayonetta and gow3, not by a long shot in short, it's just plain weak, not to mention highly unoriginal
  • FOZ - January 9, 2011 8:25 a.m.

I don't get the Reach complaints. I think it has the most solid Halo campaign, what were people expecting? I don't understand this fixation on vehicles and big enemies. Vehicle sections get monotonous and big enemies are tedious. I HATED the Big Daddy fights in BioShock. So pouring rounds into a Hunter's back every 5 minutes, or blowing up 3 dozen Ghosts with a Scorpion is hardly my idea of an exciting Halo game. And Scarabs? Tedious. Jumping off of the bridge and killing the whole crew in Halo 2, pretty cool. Driving in circles shooting at their top-cannon until you can get behind them and blow up the core, not so much. It's like, would the Cyberdemon be special if you regularly encountered them after your first fight with one? No, big enemies need to have tons of spacing. I think Bungie realizes that an entire level where you just fight dozens of Ghosts, Banshees and some Scarabs wouldn't be very exciting, nor would the "large scale battles" people might have hyped themselves up for work in Halo. It's just another Halo campaign, and it's solid. Besides that, I don't read the Halo novels or comics or anything, but would it really be wise to deploy a specialist squad of ludicrously expensive and highly trained supersoldiers into a big battle where they can be killed instantly by a stray artillery blast? They aren't ALL interchangeable and I didn't expect 5 fully fleshed-out Spartans in one game, but sure, they aren't fantastic. Jorge was about the only recognizable one. He's the nice guy so of course he has to die in a pointless "the bomb can only be activated manually!" moment. While Emil, the most bland and grating character, gets to survive the longest. Kat got shot in the head. That's it, she's done. The shot went straight through the helmet and killed her instantly because that's how snipers work. That somebody finally realized that rather than everybody crowding around and having a whole DON'T DIE scene was refreshing. But Carter's pointless suicide crash was ridiculous, alright. That's something people can probably agree on.
  • Yeager1122 - January 9, 2011 7:34 a.m.

Agree with force unleashed 2 was excited played it then was just dissapointed.
  • Twizinator - January 9, 2011 7:16 a.m.

I know I’m going to enrage a lot of fans, but I’m picking Halo: Reach. rofl dammit Bratcher, you just picked it to salt the wound xD I <3 Reach, and generally disagree with some of this list (GR, why u no leik RB3???) but damn funny article. I agree with Angry Birds, tho. I played the "lite" (or whatever-the-hell-they-call-it) version and was like "meh. s'okay..."
  • Vincemaster - January 9, 2011 6:04 a.m.

I loved bayonetta, but I can see how it isn't for everyone. But thank God I'm not the only one who passionately hates angry birds.
  • manicania - January 9, 2011 4:19 a.m.

I also agree with Chris. Rock Band 3 was a major disappointment.
  • manicania - January 9, 2011 4:07 a.m.

I completely agree with Charlie. Angry Birds is one of the most unimpressive, boring, and frankly bad games I've ever seen/played. And yes, Charlie, I agree with you, the number of lovers of the game is ridiculous.
  • SuperSmasher - January 9, 2011 1:45 a.m.

Charlie Barrat, FINALLY SOMEONE WHO HAS SPOKEN THE TRUTH. I hate the music to death, but my brother plays it all the time in car rides so I can't do a thing about it. Can I join your support group. I'M SUPER SERIOUS
  • LastProRican - January 9, 2011 12:46 a.m.

so...in other words? Almost every Game that came out this year. I know game quality has lost its touch over the recent years, but we have been through over 5 Generations of gaming, i guess creators are losing their creative juice,either that or just getting lazy and they think they can throw crap out and people will enjoy it.
  • 510BrotherPanda - January 8, 2011 10:04 p.m.

Poor Justin. Sounds like his GF or someone needs to give him a body massage, all that stress/hate.
  • Crypto140 - January 8, 2011 9:57 p.m.

I never seen Angry Birds. So I looked it up. What a godawful piece of crap that looks like! Birds attacking pigs! Here's my money and 5 minutes of my life. And also agree with Halo Reach. You could literaly chop out 7 chapters of the game, and it wouldn't affect the story. And then the Spartens have super powers, like okay, sure, I will accept that. You know, this is a prequel to Halo 1, so it's okay that Master Chief doesn't have them for any of the games. Imgain if that was what Halon 1 was like and it just got better from there. Halo 3 would start religions it would have been so good!
  • bekkilawrence - January 8, 2011 9:38 p.m.

Angry bird is unimpressed probably because he is being hurtled at a bunch of concrete blocks and green pig-looking things
  • jonarooni - January 8, 2011 8:06 p.m.

@CancerMan and @GamesRadarCharlieBarratt I agree entirely! I was never really interested by Angry Birds, but one of my mates never stops going on about how good it is so I thought "it's only 99 cents" and bought it for myself (thinking that their had to be something...) only to find myself getting through levels purely through trial and error! Even if I know what I am meant to do I still end up resetting levels over and over again! Worst 99 cent iPhone game I've played so far!
  • RicePuddingUK - January 8, 2011 8:06 p.m.

Agree with your points about Halo:Reach, sadly your office now risks being firebombed by fanboys dressed as Master Chief. However, got to disagree with Alan Wake, 2nd best game of the year behind ME2 for me
  • KidA - January 8, 2011 7:45 p.m.

@ Justin Towell I agree in respect to the standard cars (simply unacceptable), the unbalanced difficulty, the course creator, the damage and the XP issues. However... -I love the interface. To me it's actually much faster and more convenient than most other racing games because it's all right there for you, on one screen. It definitely has a bit of a learning curve, but once I figured out where everything was it worked really well. And it looks absolutely gorgeous. -I'm actually very happy the game doesn't let you import your GTPSP cars into career mode, because that would make everything a whole lot easier than it already is, and there would be very little incentive to actually play through the game. The whole element of starting out with a crappy, slow compact car, upgrading it, and building a massive garage over time that made other GTs so much addictive would be completely gone. -Thank god there's no penalty system in GT5. The penalties in GT4 and GT5 Prologue were far too overbearing. Take a bit too much curb in a corner? Penalty. An AI driver hits you? Penalty. Accidentally spear off into a tire wall? As if coming to a complete stop isn't bad enough, you're even penalized for that too. Plus, you can still have them in online races if you really want to. And for everything the game gets wrong, I think the physics make up for it. I've had more fun driving in GT5 than in any other sim. The racing experience is the most important aspect of a racing game in my opinion, and Polyphony got it right.
  • philipshaw - January 8, 2011 7:04 p.m.

Great picks, I would say Dark Void because I thought it might have been a decent game
  • ByTheBeard - January 8, 2011 6:07 p.m.

I agree with Halo:Reach, I got the special edition with the statue and everything, but I only played it for a week and then I got bored.
  • MrPlasticTramp - January 8, 2011 4:43 p.m.

Yeah i'm gonna agree with spawny0908 Crackdown 2 probably for me, I loved the first one but the second one and the inclusion of zombies(Which - as a zombie lover - even I felt stupid and pointless) and a campaign that felt like sidemissions throughout disappointed me greatly. Justin's hate for gran turismo seems to have grown, although i can agree with him on some of it. Unlocking damage ? Really Polyphony ? and that screenshot of it is just terrible, I can't believe thats in the game !