Topics

GDC

• MAXIBOY - April 28, 2011 6:06 a.m.

oh man Im excited shoot i want to fix my ps3 just to play it anyway I hate the fact they are takinmg down the darklinmg horde man it was fun watching themm and did we care about em well idk about themm all but i did the thing digital extremes needed to do to care about them was putting them an AI and make them work as a team like one distrac them while the other one came from behind and kill him or see them go crazy and split up and jump to all of them and eat em faces or take down one guy all them at the same time and making him pieces and having kind of intelligence like that then it would be perfect but its ok putting a darkling like ur pitting in this game u could mix like having that darkling with u and the other darklings we dont care too so u could mix them up well i hope its all for the best and everything is allright :(
  • mriopel - March 7, 2011 3:22 p.m.

There better be a damn map in this one or im not playin it
  • DrLovez69 - March 5, 2011 10:44 p.m.

@cart00n; A very well structured reply, and I played that back in my head and you are right, my apologies, I just thought it was different that he himself took his own life, and he was beside Jenny at end credits, like it was over and he was at peace, no rest for the wicked I suppose. But about the studio, I don't know much about developers and game production, but The darkness was an intimate game compared to games today, and i hadnt played strabreezes other games (unless i have and didnt know it) but they were pretty dam,n talented to pull something like that off. I loved it, played through it twice, down as one of my favourites. anyway, Im ahppy there is second one bottom line! ;:D
  • Yeager1122 - March 5, 2011 1:09 a.m.

Is the first game worth playing especially now?
  • joshdaman123 - March 4, 2011 11:11 p.m.

@drlovez69 jackie cannot kill himself, atleast for good, hell just go to hell again until the darkness resurrects him, the darkness wont let him die
  • Japanjack - March 4, 2011 9:56 p.m.

I really like what I've read of the comic, so I wish that we could fight not only humans, but angels as well.
  • EvilChicken - March 4, 2011 8:40 p.m.

I never played the first, but looking at gameplay it looks good, I don't know
  • cart00n - March 4, 2011 8:04 p.m.

@DrLovez69: Considering how many times Jackie died throughout the entire game - three of them being entirely scripted, I'm shocked to hear you never caught on to the fact that Jackie CAN'T stay dead as long as he's a part of the Darkness. That last bit was simply Jackie showing the Darkness that HE was in control, not IT. The Darkness was always planned as a franchise, it was just one of those unheralded gems that fell by the wayside due to bad release timing and lack of exposure - a curse, it seems, that has followed Starbreeze for its entire career considering the equally as awesome Riddick games didn't sell very well, either. While it saddens me to hear that Starbreeze is no longer involved, the fact that Digital Extremes has taken up the reigns actually gives me hope. While they haven't had the most original past, they have consistently put out solid, if not overly popular, games worth playing. I hope they knock this one out of the park!
  • DrLovez69 - March 4, 2011 6:46 p.m.

I don't understand why no one has pointed out the ending of the 1st one (spoilers, but its old so..) I'm pretty sure Jackie like kills himself, like takes the gun and shoots himself in the face kills himself. This sequel doesn't make sense story-wise, unless this is some sort of evil resurrection of Jackie, which is a bit of a cop out if true or something to that effect.
  • asspills - March 4, 2011 6:37 p.m.

Did you hear any of Mike Pattons beautifully horrific voicework in this playthrough?
  • KingOfFighters - March 4, 2011 5:30 p.m.

Very interesting. I'm a fan of the first, and I'm definitely placing this one on the list.
  • Eaxis - March 4, 2011 3:41 p.m.

I hope this doesen't have multiplayer at all.
  • mckillustrator - March 4, 2011 3:15 p.m.

Hmm the only thing that bugs me about this is starbreeze-- excuse me the geniuses at starbreeze-- are not the developers. Oh well. This is good news because if the darkness can get a sweet sequel perhaps mirrors edge can
  • rufnux - March 4, 2011 12:23 p.m.

Not too sure about the art style, never was a fan of that "comic" look in video games, always looks to fake. Oh well, I've been dying for a sequel for years, so I guess I should be happy we get one at all.
  • MattMk2 - March 4, 2011 10:36 a.m.

Digital Extremes is the studio making the Darkness 2? Not Starbreez? Huh. That's nice. I liked Dark Sector and I thought they did a great job on Bioshock 2's multiplayer.
  • Jaces - March 4, 2011 10:24 a.m.

This was one of those few gems that I enjoyed the hell out of back in the early years of this gen, been begging for a sequel ever since I've finished it and HERE IT IS!! CANNOT WAIT!
  • 435 - March 4, 2011 8:21 a.m.

The Darkness was the best five bucks I've ever spent. If the sequel holds up, I'll be certain to pick it up.
  • Ironarm - March 4, 2011 7:21 a.m.

I loved The Darkness. Can't wait for this to be released. Looks promising.
  • kingsmikefan - March 4, 2011 6:43 a.m.

Different studio=ummm...not sure about this. Bioshock 2 for example had different developers. I know you guys loved it but I thought it sucked.
  • TheIronMaiden - March 4, 2011 6:25 a.m.

first game was definitely a surprise hit for me.00 I loved it and it still holds a place in my heart to this day. : )