• Harmon20 - March 7, 2009 1:21 a.m.

*sigh* yeah, you're right about nintendo. After hearing about Wii Music, Animal Crossing, and the whole "enjoy with Wii" stuff, I was like, "screw it! I'm getting an Xbox." I miss Nintendo's old ways too... The N64 and SNES were where it was at.
  • RebornKusabi - March 7, 2009 1:21 a.m.

"At E3, all of that changed. A man carved from a 10 ft slab of meat burst onto Nintendo's press conference stage, seemingly ready to punch half of the audience into unconsciousness and use their rendered bodies as clubs to knock out the other half. Apparently, he was quite into both kicking asses and taking names." This made me laugh out loud because I remember watching that conference and feeling the exact same way.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - March 6, 2009 10:07 p.m.

Sony have made themselves the laughing stock of gaming. kinda like lying when you were 7 to get friends, then them finding you out. kinda. ok, more like being an arrogant cock at the age of 15, boasting about how you can pull off a skating trick or put a kid to the ground in rugby, then when the inevitable failure comes, its socially crippling. wow, i just listed off the last 3 weeks of my life :| good article, i want the 2004 nintendo back. I want them to be Badass. My ReCaptcha : and Wallaee come on, these are just retarded now.
  • candyman - March 6, 2009 9:56 p.m.

Who comes up with these articles? And why in hell are they so good?
  • musashi1596 - March 6, 2009 8:56 p.m.

'...one of the most inviting controllers in gaming history'. For the Xbox? I sincerely hope that you have in fact mastered the art of sarcasm.
  • IronicBob - March 6, 2009 8:39 p.m.

You forgot PS2. I'd call you a dumbass but I'm too polite, and you'll have a good reason which will make me look like a twonk.
  • RandyChimp - March 6, 2009 8:30 p.m.

Sony ftw, they still need to sort themselves out, but the ps3 is epic compared to the original release firmware.
  • skyguy343 - March 6, 2009 8:29 p.m.

i never noticed the Nintendo logo changed :| ...i just died inside, and dont ask how it took so long
  • skyguy343 - March 6, 2009 8:18 p.m.

"fear me!" classic
  • AnonymouZ - April 24, 2009 10:25 p.m.

All i know is this is a fanboys hell waiting to happen. However i enjoyed reading my consoles bio. I fell in love with gaming thanks to Nintendo's Mario Bros. Wanted to marry it when the PS2 came out with GTA3 and ... i'm still faithful to Sony. I own the xbox. But the 360 did instill a picture of cheapness thanks to the ps3's propaganda i swallowed the whole year waiting for IT to come out. Overall a freaking awesome Article. Keep it up GR!
  • musashi1596 - March 31, 2009 8:11 p.m.

Though I admit that the PS3 is certainly a flawed console I wish people would stop telling me that they don't have good exclusives or a good online mode. I mean, Guns of the Patriots are more than enough on their own without backup like Uncharted, and I really can't see what's wrong with the online mode.
  • JohnnyMaverik - March 13, 2009 3:26 p.m.

Mmmm, well as much as I agree that the PS3 was way, way, way over priced It's still the only one I'd get. The Xbox is good but I know if I got one after a few months, whilst I'd probably love it I'd wish I'd waited for the PS3 price to come down to a level I could afford instead. Kinda the same way I felt back when I was 9 and got an N64, loved it, but sometimes coulde't help but wish It'd transform into a PS1. As for Wii... most overly hyped and underperforming consul to ever hit the markets in my opinion. Do I hate it? No, but would I get one? Certainly not... Too geared at the casual, 20 mins playing a golf game that hardly works on my Wii and then I'm off down the pub gamer, and yea, from what I've experienced a large majority of the games hardly work, and wouldn’t even be fun if they did. Sure there are a few near gems for Wii but certainly not enough. Maybe in a few years It'll be better but I just don't think the technology has moved on enough for Nintendo to achieve anything amazing with the Wii other than make a bundle of money on a decent but not all that amazing product. Maybe In 10-20 years we'll be in a position where we can really say goodbye to button crunching, but for now I'm sticking to my keyboards and controllers thanks, maybe broken only by the odd joystick.
  • LikaLaruku - March 12, 2009 11:01 a.m.

I wish Microsoft would just drop out of the console market & focus on PC gaming.
  • Darthvader5435 - March 10, 2009 3:10 p.m.

Microsoft should offer xbox live for free then they could beat nintendo easily.
  • SunshineHobo - March 9, 2009 10:09 p.m.

Great article, but you forgot to include the insanely disturbing PS3 launch commercials. The baby and the PS3 scared me, almost as much as an elevator full of blood.
  • RandyChimp - March 8, 2009 11:43 p.m.

"Sony have made themselves the laughing stock of gaming." yet again, i bring about the two favourite remarks in my vocabulary range. "Fuck you" and "you've probably never been on the ps3! Stop being a jackass!"
  • garnsr - March 8, 2009 7 a.m.

Can we get a part two including Sega and Atari? I think they really would have fit into this article, as examples of how a titan can end up in this industry.
  • Romination - March 7, 2009 9:57 p.m.

i'm just here to say that the description of Reggie is definitely one of the best things ever read anywhere by anyone. why is it that a completely objective breakdown of a companies changes turns into a pathetic cock-measuring contest amongst the fans? sigh... comatose: there's a few more, but i guess they're more subjective (like House of the Dead and Wario Land)
  • ssj4raditz - March 7, 2009 6:15 p.m.

The "A man carved from a 10 ft slab of meat" was the funniest thing I've read all week.
  • Comatose92 - March 7, 2009 4:37 p.m.

Ugh. *cringes with embarrasment* This definitely puts a new spin on gaming's giants. 1. Microsoft. Microsoft did just about everything right, from the level of coolness to the confident attitude. Also, their "Buy a Wii, too!" ads were genius. What better way to take down a mutual enemy (the PS3) than with the help of another enemy? It was brilliant. 2. Sony. Sony made themselves look like an ass in the end. They got WAY too complacent for their own good. It might have helped them to check gaming's history books. Just because your console wins the generation, doesn't mean your next console is guaranteed FTW. Making everyone seem like a servant was dumb, egotistical, and quite stupid in the long run. I do plan on buying a PS3, but Sony's blatant disregard for their consumers ("We want people work extra hours just so they can afford a PS3") puts me off. 3. Nintendo. Oh, Nintendo, Nintendo... Whatever shall we do with you? First they failed in the 90s with their dinosaur of a president's heated remark that "No Final Fantasy game will ever appear on a Nintendo console!!!" and then they do. In great numbers. Then, there was the family-friendly environment of the late 90s and early 00s. That was kinda stupid... I mean, I'm not glorifying peer pressure or anything, but if everyone else in the industry is allowing blood and guts and generally revelling in your inability to do so, that signifies that it's time for change. 2004 was promising, but again, Reggie's poor, misplaced zeal led them to where they are now... the console of choice for grandmas around the world. I'm tired of Nintendo and their lack of hardcore games. The PS2 had hundreds of good titles. The Xbox had hundreds of good titles. The Gamecube had about 75 good titles. The PS3 has about 15 good titles, but has lots more coming. The 360's every other game is critically acclaimed. But the Wii? We poor Wii owners have a grand total of 10 good games: 1. Zelda Twilight Princess 2. Mario Galaxy 3. Metroid Prime 3 4. Mario Kart 5. Okami 6. Resident Evil 4 7. Zack and Wiki 8. Smash Bros 9. Animal Crossing 10. No More Heroes Great, Nintendo. Nice going. You find yourself with a grand total of 10 NEW GAMES-- and here we'll soon be going into Wii's 3rd year. How many good titles did Gamecube have in it's first 2 1/2 years? How many good titles did anyone have in their first 2 1/2 years? More than Wii, that's for sure. Nintendo needs to get their act back together. But... It's doubtful they will. Casual games print money, dontcha know?