We Recommend

• jamesMay - January 6, 2011 10 a.m.

God forbid us wanting a game to compete with arguably the best action game this generation, one that was influenced by DMC, borrows characters and aspects of DMC and was made by some the exact people who created the DMC series, most notably the original director. I don't see how the heck "bayonetta without the boobs" is a insult. Isn't bayonetta "dmc with boobs?" Hasn't bayonetta outsold ninja theories last game by a large margin? Doesn't it have a higher metacritic score? I swear to god the fallation of ninja theory in the gaming press makes me sick. When their last game bombed you couldn't move a step without reading one of a bunch of sycophantic articles, either condemning gamers for not buying the game, begging gamers to buy it, or asking gamers why they didn't buy it. It's easy to find merit in ninja theories games when your a reviewer, having to go through 100's of games a year and want something short to run through. When you have a deadline all that eye candy and half baked storytelling is enough for you to ignore fundamental gameplay flaws. It isn't the same when it's only game you will play for a good month or so. It seems everybody loves ninja theory except the people who actually pay for games. I can't wait for the day I read that studio has closed for good. I can only hope this mongrelization bombs justs as hard as enslaved.
  • FauxFurry - January 6, 2011 9:45 a.m.

Bayonetta's Stone Award itself 'wins' a Stone Award? You can set that pronouncement to the Inception music because it's every bit as mind-bending as that film! You could also award Gamesradar's use of the Stone Award the most shameless rip-off Stone Award while you're at it. Ow,my mind! I just got it the way I liked it,too! ReCaptcha did try to warn me, I guess,if "safety,bylayo" is being interpreted properly. It's like reading tea leaves or entrails but digital...hey! That's an idea for a Kinect game right there!
  • texasgoldrush - January 6, 2011 9 a.m.

"We thought Enslaved was a love / adventure story about two "opposites attract" characters fighting for survival and maybe, just maybe, falling for each other along the way. In the bizarrely out-of-place and out-of-nowhere ending, however, we discover that Enslaved is actually a shameless Matrix rip-off about Andy Serkis' giant head. And worse, that the painstakingly built romantic tension between our heroes will never be resolved." Congrats Gamesradar for completely missing the point of Enslaved. Trip (who is actually the true main character) and Monkey's relationship was never romantic (despite what Pigsy thinks) and Pyramid's motives were never that important other than the fact that they were based on "good intentions", like Trips enslavement of Monkey.
  • FauxFurry - January 6, 2011 8:53 a.m.

Wow. Here I was thinking that the real world advertisements that show up on billboards occassionally in Saint's Row 2 (a game in which a giant multi-national corporation is the main enemy)was jarring but that moment from Alan Wake looked like a total self-parody of shameless in-game ads. There's no way that humor couldn't have been intentional. I won't believe it. No,I am not even capable of believing it. I'd sooner believe that goats and dinosaurs co-existed on the Moon than admit that!
  • One-FISH- - January 6, 2011 7:53 a.m.

Okay so I just watched the TalkRadar video about the Halo Reach "8" score. I could not stop laughing the whole time. I'm so glad someone had the nerve to only call that game "great"...
  • mattdark - January 6, 2011 7:46 a.m.

@ Icytor Just missed your post. But right now, the collectors edition seems like its bound only for america, Im in the UK, and there has been no word of a european special edition, so pretty much all of us will have to pay extra if we want these 2 'finished' characters...
  • mattdark - January 6, 2011 7:43 a.m.

Have to say Amen to the 'shameless grab for cash' runner-up, Seems Capcom is desperate to rip out as money from their buyers since the next-gen move, £5 for a glorified Dead-Rising 2 Demo, countless amounts of cash for all the on-disc street fighter costumes... Marvel vs Capcom 3 was truly a kick in the teeth though, as they essentially went on to say 'yes, this is happening, deal with it'
  • austin128 - January 6, 2011 7:22 a.m.

*Spoiler warning*
  • Icytor - January 6, 2011 6:52 a.m.

I agree with alot of stuff, but i'd hold on the anti-award for MvC3. The download comes free with the special edition of the game, and it might be that it was DLC and released so early because they wanted to put characters that would make the Special Edition more enticing for the buyers, and because they are characters that are really cool and recognizable to the Capcom Community. If they announce more DLC before the game is out however then give the award back to MvC3 times two, cause thats BS
  • ombranox - January 6, 2011 6:40 a.m.

I actually *liked* Hydrophobia.
  • Jamahl - January 6, 2011 6:36 a.m.

I respectfully disagree about Noble team. But something that confuses me is why people thing Jun is asian. He actually has a russian accent. And they were less simplistic than described. But I think we've had enough nerd rage about halo reach. All I'm saying is that there were worse cast of characters out there, and all of noble team except the player character was a lot different from master chief. Good article.
  • ALttP - January 6, 2011 5:33 a.m.

BadCompanyBrik: reCaptcha is a system where people use what we type to basically type words in books that their computers cannot understand (which is why they are often unintelligible).
  • BadCompanyBrik - January 6, 2011 5:27 a.m.

I would like to point out that the flak you got for giving Reach a bad review score is nowhere close to the flak Bungie got (and is still getting 4 months after release) on their forums. Anyone in the Bungie community was there for the first couple weeks. It was page after page of flame wars, centered around the word 'adapt.' A huge amount of Halo fans dedicated enough to use the forums were raging ridiculously hard at Bungie. TL;DR, GR softies can't take a bit of rage :) reCaptcha had a macron over an O, too lazy to bring up character map so I refreshed. WTF? Who the hell uses macrons...
  • jounin01 - January 6, 2011 5:21 a.m.

@ALttp, exactly, Heavy Rain is a great game with a great story
  • ALttP - January 6, 2011 5:02 a.m.

I don't really mind the Heavy Rain plot twist. In the end, I had no idea of who it was going to be. Obvious spoilers! While good players likely played Scott as a hero, that does not necessarily go against character. Using the example of the rich man, Scott can either choose to kill him - demonstrating his ruthlessness - or save him, demonstrating his acknowledgment of the man's achievement of caring for his son in a way that his father never did. I think that Heavy Rain gets knocked around a little too much than it should be - voice acting isn't very good, but I think that the plot and writing is just fine.
  • And_ROOS - January 6, 2011 4:37 a.m.

The already announced DLC is pathetic. Its ready. It could go on the disc right now. And then on top of that what are the odds they change something and this isnt even a good follow up to MvC2? As for Reach, it should be a 7. Your score was too high. Flame on, halotards.
  • kachigop - January 6, 2011 4:24 a.m.

The Black Ops video made me chuckle. That must have been early on.
  • ssjMrFord - January 6, 2011 4:18 a.m.

So Scott Shelby is one of the best new characters of the year and the worst plot twist of the year? You're sending mixed signals here Games Radar.
  • MattMk2 - January 6, 2011 3:55 a.m.

Yes! Somebody finally said how I felt about Red Dead. After playing for 15 hrs I just gave up.
  • Nodoudt - January 6, 2011 3:37 a.m.

LEEEAAAVE BRI*COUGH*HALO REACH ALOOONE!!!!!!