Topics

summer

• thomashalpenny - October 8, 2009 9:27 p.m.

what bout crash bandicoot?those stupid fish doing babck and forth and thosemines oh good lord they were annoying
  • THEBIGJ3 - October 8, 2009 9:22 p.m.

Is that DKC level really the best water level ever?? The one in the Toxic world on DKC1 was an absolute nightmare and nearly made me give up on the whole game altogether! Yeah water hazard was lame, and does anyone remember 'Bubble Dizzy' for the Commodore? The whole game was one, giant, REALLY crappy water level...glub...glub...glub...dead, never again...
  • KankerRam - October 8, 2009 9:05 p.m.

I hated Water Hazard out of Half Life 2. It was boring.
  • V13Dragongal - October 8, 2009 8:20 p.m.

i agree with most of this but the OoT temple wasen't that bad AND i got through it without a guide i will say i made that mistake with the key and just hit reset when it happened. ReCaptcha: butlered the the what?
  • lilyeister - October 8, 2009 5:14 p.m.

ah i absolutely hated those sonic water levels i was very little at the time, and the music scared me half to death
  • noobeater - October 8, 2009 5:09 p.m.

@theworldonfire yes! hence why i used a guide after that, there was many ways if ur trial and error used the wrong key to wrong door
  • noobeater - October 8, 2009 5:04 p.m.

hahahahahhaha ha i knew OoTwould be here, i still to this day with many play thrus cannot play it this temple without a guide. Twilight princess was fairly fun with improved gameplay and making the boot an arrow button but u hit the nail on the head
  • 1One1Winged1Angel - October 8, 2009 2:43 p.m.

Omg the KH water level is so retarded, the whole music part and all XD . U should include Zelda: The Phantom Hour Glass aswell, because the part where u have to fish for treasures and avoide mines was really stupid -.-'' . Stupid mines...
  • BodyDamage - October 8, 2009 2:25 p.m.

man, the water levels in sonic were murder. i always dreaded them.
  • EmmaXII - October 8, 2009 2:20 p.m.

Kingdom hearts 2, *shudder*
  • IIIIIACEIIIII - October 8, 2009 1:22 p.m.

The water levels in Sonic weren't that bad at all. If you're all stopping for bubbles at every opportunity and spending more than 3 minutes per water level then, to use the phrase, 'you're doing it wrong'.
  • AIDSWIDGET - October 8, 2009 10:05 a.m.

Oh god i cant believe that KotOR's manaan water level isnt on this list! One of the best games on xbox, and Manaan is an awesome planet exept for the part where you get batman's shark repellent and walk around like its in slow motion, then do the water puzzle from Die Hard 3. What? Why?
  • ciderdrinker - October 8, 2009 8:31 a.m.

What about Devil May Cry? The water levels in that were effing terrible.
  • XNam360 - July 3, 2013 11:24 a.m.

Those were not fun. Not particularly challenging, but fun. Certainly not frustrating.
  • BannedInDC - October 8, 2009 8:13 a.m.

Sonic 3's water levels are particularly egregious. *Oh hey, I have 2 seconds to get this water bubble right in front of me just gonna go ahead and...FCKIN TAILS JUST STOLE IT FROM ME, AND NOW I'M GOING TO DIE!* While I agree about DKC's great water levels, I'm suprised you guys chose to omit Mario's water levels, which aren't terrible, but they're at least obnoxious. Forest of Illusion 2, I'm looking your way...
  • Ded - October 8, 2009 6:27 a.m.

Hah, yeah the water levels were always the ones I'd dread in any Sonic game. Fun fact! (maybe) Sonic can't swim, and is meant to have a phobia of water. Hence the lifejacket in Sonic and Mario at the Olympics.
  • sweetpotatofry - October 8, 2009 6:20 a.m.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favorite game of all time, but I remember playing the Little Mermaid areas and thinking, "God, please don't let my dad walk in while I'm at this part"
  • evilgoat420 - October 8, 2009 6:07 a.m.

...at least uncharted's water level looked pretty.
  • Romination - October 8, 2009 5:50 a.m.

The water level in Earthworm Jim is AMAZING until you get to the bubble part. Then it's just slow and difficult. But those last what...a minute? No biggie at all. Also, if jet skis count, doesn't battletoads have one that's supposed to be almost impossible?
  • gmilf71 - October 8, 2009 5:43 a.m.

I kinda liked the ratchet and clank water levels. espesially in the first one where you have to hold your breath all the way.