• Zels77 - November 29, 2010 7:51 a.m.

"Reality is the most important part of Madden" !? You obviously haven't played Madden for a loooooong time, Rich.
  • Overlord153 - November 28, 2010 2:49 p.m.

Oh how I hated the cone. It was weird because whenever I would try to play that version of madden my right eye would twitch uncontrably. And what's with all the spam it's almost two whole pages of stuff people just report.
  • Ch0doBoy - November 26, 2010 11:45 p.m.

Idk, I personally think the franchise died after '05. That's where it was best. Like they mentions rearranging my d-line to fit the play, that was easy in 05, idk about 06 or on...cause once the cone came into play, I stopped playing. My figures are smart at inputting the buttons I want, but it became a world of confusion when all the extra BS came into play
  • revrock - November 26, 2010 7:33 p.m.

I don't like the fact that somewhere along the line they took out our ability to do the "Madden high step" walk as we went untouched into the end zone... Somehow it slowly transformed into a random occurrence tacked onto another button command to fading out of existence. Also, the stupid touchdown celebration button mashes and wagglings (depending on your console) from '09 were the lamest innovation ever.
  • Sukharevskaya - November 26, 2010 3:21 p.m.

No gameflow? hm, well I gotta agree with this list.
  • philipshaw - November 26, 2010 2:39 p.m.

I forgot number 1 even existed. But I do remember how awful the vision cone was
  • xlonenobodyx - November 26, 2010 2:38 p.m.

I agree, the series itself has just lost popularity over the years and frankly I can see it coming to an end all to soon. Let's all face it, their fan base isn't what it used to be. I love playing out football plays on a system as much as the next sports fan. But it's end is coming and fast. =/
  • NeelEvil - November 26, 2010 10:07 a.m.

Amen to that QLev, I'd memorized the old system to the point where I could tweak everything about the defensive line before the snap. With the strategy pad I'm lucky if I can change 2 things!
  • QLev - November 26, 2010 8:39 a.m.

Those are all bad, but the worst in my mind is the strategy pad. Maybe some people like it, but to me they just took a system that worked fine (and I had memorized for quick imput) and made it much, much worse. It used to be so quick and easy to hit the 2 buttons to adjust my d-line/linebackers, now it takes twice that... :(
  • BlackElement17 - November 26, 2010 8:33 a.m.

Lame innovation, is that ironic or just funny?
  • Ampatent - November 26, 2010 4:53 a.m.

I disagree, the cone was actually quite realistic. I mean honestly, most people don't play Madden with people in the same room, so the screen watching issue doesn't come up. Besides, it's far more realistic to have the quarter back's throwing ability dropped when he's throwing in the direction that he isn't looking.
  • Bloodstorm - November 26, 2010 1:19 a.m.

The lamest thing about Madden is Madden itself. I live not 30 minutes from EA Tibron and I want to go in there and tell them all the time how much they suck at making games.
  • Cyberninja - November 26, 2010 1:13 a.m.

i remember last year i at christmas me and my bro were playing madden 09 and we kept screwing each other over with the replay it really wasnt fair so i am glad they took it out
  • Dabenguin - November 25, 2010 11:29 p.m.

I do remember a form of rewinds in an early version of Madden. They were called Mulligans.
  • SVC5 - November 25, 2010 11:21 p.m.

Lol you guessed it I was surprised the cone wasn't number one.
  • ventanger - November 25, 2010 11 p.m.

Oh my god, I never even heard of #1... that's... so bad. Making your "gaming championship ring" is to fantasy football as wearing your "Doug of the Forest Rangers" costume in public is to LARPing.
  • Jessup - November 25, 2010 10:45 p.m.

I think you're forgetting the best one of all. I think it was the 92 or 93 version, where if a player was injured, the ambulance would drive on to the field and flatten any player that happened to be in the way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_138p6uzhUk
  • skyfire56 - November 25, 2010 10:35 p.m.

You also forgot Gameflow, Ultimate Team, Madden Moments with wrong rosters, Swagger Rating...Ugh the entire series has turned into a gimmick... I hope EA just calls it quits with Madden and give the license to 2k.
  • bongzilla - November 25, 2010 10 p.m.

Yea that extra point show was lame.. I always thought sports games should have something like that, but when Madden did it, it just was too lame and short and I just ended up skipping everytime.. The rewinds I do use, cause I always have 2 seasons or franchises going at the same time.. 1 I use an all-star team, where I trade for great player and put them on 1 team, thats where I use the rewinds, cause its just for me to fuckk around. The other one where I bump up the difficulty and use the real roster of teams, I don't use the rewinds. So I'm cool with them..
  • bron1417 - November 25, 2010 9:45 p.m.

if EA wants to make "The Extra Point" show better they need to take cues from NFL 2K5. that would make it amazing in my mind anyway.