• IMcool101 - May 5, 2009 4:20 a.m.

i can understand the mario one but Doom? resident evil? hell Hitman? man those were one of the best movies ive seen especially hitman
  • Romination - May 4, 2009 10:14 p.m.

Vagrant: Dude, you're totally right. The 'first person film' idea is something that's not explored but could be totally great as a balls-out action or the right kind of horror. Like with Mirror's Edge and it's first person parkour! And i'd like to add that the Hitman scene would have been awesome in a Quentin Tarantino movie, but not so much in that one...Quentin could have drawn it out and made it as awesome as it should have been. They just wanted to be like '47 are best!!!'
  • skyline19 - May 3, 2009 12:18 p.m.

I didn't know a far cry movie was made, and the lead guy is the dude from king arthur, I think he's a saxon or something. The fat guy needs a tiger destruction.
  • Smeggs - May 3, 2009 5:20 a.m.

Out of all of them, I think Hitman and Doom were the most bearable. Doom at least had the same monsters as Doom 3, and BFG 9000 FTW.
  • jello500 - May 1, 2009 10:52 p.m.

all i can say is "trust the fungus"
  • dathing8 - May 1, 2009 2:13 a.m.

wow, and i thought Max Payne was an alright movie, except that it took a much weirder turn than the game did. I plan on never seeing another Boll movie, EVER. game-movie or not.
  • RaIdEn - May 1, 2009 1:57 a.m.

i liked the DOOM movie. i mean it had no resemblance to the game but it was still pretty good. and i thought the first person scene was pretty cool
  • The_Tingler - April 30, 2009 8:39 p.m.

If they'd just left that Doom thing with the chainsaw battle against Pinky, and given it more of a Sam Raimi vibe, it could've been great.
  • lawless77 - April 30, 2009 7:33 p.m.

I gotta come clean. I really liked the Resident Evil movies. All of them. I also think Milla J. is just about the hottest thing on the planet. That probably has a lot to do with my opinion of her movies.
  • Styrophoamicus - April 30, 2009 7:26 p.m.

Did anyone else notice in the Super Mario Bros. clip that the monkey's teeth magically dissappear after the crowd laughs? And, yeah, that 'show' bit from Street Fighter was like 'WHAT?"
  • ThatOneself - April 30, 2009 2:06 p.m.

TUESDAY!! Dammit Raul Juli is awesome in that movie.
  • FlyinMX - April 30, 2009 4:17 a.m.

They did a top 7 worst video game-based movie scenes a while back, didn't they?
  • Vagrant - April 30, 2009 3:13 a.m.

I actually think first person in a movie is an idea with great potential. Just that Doom made it look both stupid and terrible and boring. And I was shocked that Far Cry the movie was released. Oh, and I totally predicted that the Max Payne movie would be rubbish. Admittedly I did not predict it being THAT bad. (I remember reading the plot summary on Wikipedia and almost weeping upon reading the line "Max turns into a super soldier". >_<
  • NipplesTheSuperHippo - April 30, 2009 2:41 a.m.

This is a great article. I have so many goo... I mean bad memories from almost all of these. Really good work.
  • Nonstop17 - April 30, 2009 2:23 a.m.

haha no one even tried to help that girl getting eaten on "house of the dead"
  • Backfire001 - April 30, 2009 2:18 a.m.

House of the dead movie=Left 4 Dead Inspiration. 2:21-PIPE BOMB!
  • Amatarasu - April 30, 2009 2:13 a.m.

heeey! i actualy realy liked the mario bros movie. it isnt....at all truthful to the game,but it was still good
  • Romination - April 30, 2009 2:06 a.m.

I'm in the last school of thought about Postal I think the whole thing's pretty funny, and the children massacre was just icing. @jar-head ...what?
  • Englishman931 - April 30, 2009 1:54 a.m.

Only about 4 of the vids worked for me. Technoshart strikes again?
  • chrisda - April 30, 2009 1:47 a.m.

No, no, you just had to mention postal! That scene pretty much scarred me!