• invertedzero - April 5, 2012 4:41 p.m.

Mario's gone into space, now what about time? I think nintendo could be truly innovative with time and space in "Mario Universe" and a bit of inspiration from Portal. I personally want to see a grand mario adventure-platform reboot, with an updated art style / look for mario and bowser. Once upon a time sprite styles and 3d models used to change, however mario's has become static and is pretty much the same every game. The Wii-U is a great chance to make a truly revolutionary mario game, and to help it do that, an updated/new art style is needed
  • alan-un - April 5, 2012 5:17 p.m.

I want to see a legit Mario RPG. Not like the ones that were relatively well done for the DS, but with real time action, similar to brawl. See a random monster walking around, run into it, and bam: a battle scenario with you against some enemies. (Those that are familiar with Tales of the Abyss and the like will know the frame I'm going for.) You can go along with the universe aspect for the RPG, and maybe give mario a set of weapons/items to use in fighting, similar to Link. Purchasable items and upgrades are always fun. Co-op can certainly be tied into the combat or in some other manner. It'll certainly be way different from any past Mario games, and with the graphics capabilities of the WiiU, it should be a great project to consider.
  • kit07 - April 5, 2012 9:30 p.m.

So Super Mario RPG 2? yea i am down.
  • ACGUY - April 5, 2012 6:03 p.m.

I want to see here me out some game play with a spaceship it self. In Super Mario Land for the gameboy. Mario had to use a flying plane or submarine to save Daisy. Why not have some cool segments like that where he uses a spaceship,maybe a rail shooter if that's too slow for a Mario game, or at least a few boss battles where Mario has to use both the ship and him self in stages to defeat a galaxy sized boss. That would be cool
  • ncurry2 - April 5, 2012 6:21 p.m.

I'm not big on the coop or DLC. What I want is at least a few huge levels more akin to Mario 64 where you can load up a level for a particular star but stumble upon a different one. I really loved that aspect of Mario 64. But obviously, some of the levels in the 2 galaxy games were arguable some of the best designed levels of all time and you really need a constricted environment for that to be possible. But it doesn't hurt to mix and match. Also, I personally feel that the graphics on the two galaxies hold their own against the best of them. Maybe not in terms of polygon count but they were fresh, vibrant, and fluid. That's really all I need out of a Mario game.
  • winner2 - April 5, 2012 6:41 p.m.

It seems like almost everything I could think of has already been said. But just a thought..maybe they could add in appearances by some of the other characters from the mario universe? I mean besides yoshi, peach, bowser, toads, luigi and enemies. There are other people like wario and waluigi and daisy, right? Personally i'd love to see them make 3d versions of the characters from the paper marios. Like kooper and lady bow.
  • shawksta - April 5, 2012 7:28 p.m.

Not bad updating the list Henry. You know Nintendo, they never fail with Mario,especially his core games, Galaxy 2's post game treasure hunt was fantastic and allot can be put in with the Wii U's better hardware. DLC will be fine ONLY if its brand new ideas after finishing the game thats already filled with satisfaction and not the ”content that shouldve been in a game” As for the graphics, as you said in the last post version of this, galaxy 2's box art was Effin amazing, if Mario can pull off graphics like that(which is next for cartoonish style like Mario) it will be graphic eye sex, PERIOD
  • CitizenWolfie - April 6, 2012 3:26 a.m.

I have to admit... ...I wasn't that keen on Galaxy. I know, banish me now right? I'd like it if the next Mario game wasn't a "Galaxy" at all but more like Super Mario World in the sense that you had a huge hub to explore and the levels reflect the area you are currently in. I wasn't a fan of the planets in Galaxy and as much as I love the recent 3DS game, you're still essentially playing giant floaty levels in the middle of some void. So please Nintendo, at least consider some of the following: 1 - Huge, explorable hub full of secrets. Maybe even in a Metroidvania style? 2 - Multiple exits on levels which lead to different paths instead of collecting X number of stars to continue. 3 - Drop the spacey stuff and return to the Mushroom Kingdom. 4 - More airships like in 3D Land. 5 - Perspective based puzzles like in 3D Land or Echochrome. 6 - Utilize "flying" power-ups (whether it's cape, tanooki or feather) with vertical based levels. 7 - Shake things up a bit like you did in Skyward Sword. 7
  • CitizenWolfie - April 6, 2012 3:33 a.m.

Oh and as for DLC, let's just leave it out. I can see DLC being a slippery slope in Nintendo fucking us over one day. It still hurts that Capcom are doing what they're doing after giving us such awesome games over the years.
  • TheFabricOfTime - April 6, 2012 7:42 a.m.

Here's an idea that may throw some people off: Have Mario's goal be something other than saving the princess. Heck, I'd like to see Mario and Peach working together. You know, something to actually show that they have some sort of relationship?
  • RonnyLive19881 - April 6, 2012 8:21 a.m.

Oh yeah, that's all we need... Mario taking a page from Drakes book /sarcasm I really don't like the idea of Mario and Peach talking unless they finally get a better voice actor for Mario. He was great for the N64/GCN games but after hearing him "YAHOO" the billionth time in Galaxy 1&2 it kind of drove me nuts. Then there was that lengthy commercial that had Mario talking through out the whole thing that just showed that the guy is NOT up to belting up long speeches or even banter between him and Peach or even Luigi. Back when I read the Super Mario Adventure Comics in Nintendo Power I always pictured a powerful slightly Italian voice for Mario, not that bubbly spastic voice he seems to be stuck with now Lol
  • Hig1134 - April 9, 2012 8:38 a.m.

What's so wrong with taking a page from Drakes book? You act like Uncharted isn't a good game or something. Uncharted is a fantastic game, with great platforming parts in it. Typical Nintendo fanboy...act like one of the best games this gen isn't good at all. lol Oh well, with everything we're hearing about the WiiU being limited in the graphical department, SMG 3 won't match up to Uncharted's graphics either. No surprise there.
  • shawksta - April 7, 2012 12:44 p.m.

With all the games so far, Peach definitly thinks of Mario as a Big Hero, but im pretty sure she friendzoned him XD
  • RonnyLive19881 - April 6, 2012 8:03 a.m.

Asking it to be a launch game is just ridiculous, everybody knows Nintendo like to make their games as perfect as possible before releasing. They try comb out all of the bugs, glitches and control hitches before even putting on the final coat of graphic-y goodness. As for looking better than a PS3 game... there are a BUNCH of people that think Galaxy 1&2 look better than a lot of the crap on the PS3. I'll take Nintendo's magical worlds over gritty realism any day. I don't want to think about DLC, that just makes my stomach hurt... I hope Nintendo only uses the online to send patches and prevent Pirating. I am sick of paying out the ass for stuff that is already on the disk...
  • shawksta - April 7, 2012 12:42 p.m.

I see where your coming from but 2 points if you mind: 1.Yes, atleast in some peoples eyes, creative graphics is better than realistic but the next galaxy game having better graphics doesnt mean more realistic, just overall better. Kind of like Galaxy 2's Box Art, if Mario updates hugely in graphics, while staying as cartoonish, it will look like that piece of beautiful eye candy we call a box art. 2. DLC is not needed for a Mario game, EVER, unless its new additions that were thought up of Brand new after the game was released rather than on the disk.
  • Hig1134 - April 9, 2012 9:33 a.m.

PS3's graphics blow away Wii's...you're in denial there bro. If SMG 1 and 2 look better than anything on PS3, it's some 3rd party garbage. First party games on PS3 are the best looking console games this gen....Killzone 3 and Uncharted. SMG 1 and 2 don't even step in the same realm.
  • lilbuddha - April 6, 2012 7:59 p.m.

Personally I want to see bigger levels, expanding on the theme from Mario 64. Having a level that you progress through, like it were it's own world, with parts of the environment changing; that was what I saw as the future of Mario games. Instead the levels got smaller and more focused, which led to linearity... Both valid directions, just not my personal choice.
  • Dadyo238 - April 7, 2012 1:51 p.m.

The next Mario needs to have this: -No online multiplayer. -Co-op that will be enjoyable for BOTH players. -Huge explorable worlds with lots of hidden rooms and secrets. -Finally, a better voice actor. These days he sounds like a mix between mickey mouse and an Italian that just inhaled helium.
  • chiz - April 8, 2012 1:15 p.m.

why would you want co-op but not online co-op?
  • Logic - April 9, 2012 5:25 a.m.

Because platforming co-op like this would be stupid online, especially if one person had slow internet.