• Fuzunga - October 7, 2010 1:13 a.m.

Stopped reading when you started insulting the visuals. SMG2 looks WAY better than average 360 titles and PS3 titles. In fact, it's one of the prettiest games this gen.
  • brickman409 - October 7, 2010 3:48 a.m.

@Felixthecat He said it should be on wii 2
  • bugcatcherjason - October 7, 2010 4:18 a.m.

I just want to see a new Mario game without the "galaxy." Maybe it'll get me back into playing the Wii.
  • hybr1dgamerx - October 7, 2010 6:15 a.m.

the wii 2 better have the option for broadband connectivity fuck this wifi shit >:(
  • jmcgrotty - October 7, 2010 6:26 a.m.

OK, I will admit up front that this whole post by me could just as easily not be made and life would go on fine. If you think that might be the case, quit reading now. I am so damn sick of articles like this touting anything to do with the Revolution. It's a freaking failure. Nintendo sold a lot of them to the uncaring masses in the past but all through a gimmick that didn't hold up. (And I am not giving Sony or Microsoft a pass either for falling for the same trap) The graphics are unacceptably bad for something of this generation, the games are 100% gimmick and 99% boring, tedious crap. SMG1 was unplayable and impossible to enjoy. I admittedly didn't play SMG2 but that is because everyone said how it was such a great improvement on SMG1, which meant the core gameplay was the same, and as we already decided, the gameplay was crap. The only way that SMG3 should EVER see the light of day is if they decide to start selling blank disks, because they have proven that there is no way to make a game worth actually taking the time to play. As for the Revolution 2, you are freaking joking if you think that it will have anything but a standard controller setup. There is no chance in hell it is motion-sensitive as it's main method of use. OK. I just erased two more paragraphs of hate for this garbage because it was even more mean-spirited (but was 100% accurate). People, please just accept it failed and moved on to real games.
  • 510BrotherPanda - October 7, 2010 8:46 a.m.

@Felix They purposely gave Luigi crappy handling to relegate him to "nearly unusable P2" and you know it. Luigi needs to stop becoming the one who gets the boot to the face. They give Wario better games, for goodness sakes.
  • AuthorityFigure - October 7, 2010 8:51 a.m.

This list is like an homogenization of what the author likes in other games - these ideas are always rejected by Miyamoto-san and out-of-date when the game hits the shelves.
  • philipshaw - October 7, 2010 11:50 a.m.

Great list and I agree that we should wait until the next nintendo home console before seeing it because I want it in HD
  • RonnyLive19881 - October 7, 2010 1:35 p.m.

I think Mario Galaxy 2 looks just as good as any cartoony PS3 game, in fact I like Nintendo's style loads more because of its charm. It would be cool to see a Zelda game as detailed as the Last Guardian though.
  • Syncmaster - October 7, 2010 5:12 p.m.

DLC?? WTF?! dlcs are the worst thing of this game genaration, dont do this to mario, he doesnt deserve it
  • invertedzero - April 5, 2012 4:32 p.m.

I agree, although I think Nintendo could use this as an opportunity to show how DLC should work, as a contrast to how other companies using it to be lazy and siphon extra money from gamers
  • GameManiac - October 7, 2010 6:41 p.m.

SMG3 might happen, but then again Nintendo may come up with something incredible that ISN'T Galaxy.
  • marioman50 - October 7, 2010 11:06 p.m.

lol, I know I'm in the minority, but I loved Luigi's Mansion. I hope there'll be a sequel someday. And while Super Mario Galaxy was a great game, I'm kinda done with the gravity mechanic (and the tiny planetoids, like you said). Also, if they're gonna put 1-ups in a Mario game, make them actually serve a purpose. If I loose all my lives, punish me somehow, I want consequences! Otherwise just get rid of 1-ups altogether (something will never happen because it's a part of the Mario "culture"). Also, the next game should have more shy-guys :)
  • ultrakirby64 - April 5, 2012 4:41 p.m.

What about Luigi's mansion 2 for the 3ds or am i the only one who still remembers that exists?
  • marioman50 - April 5, 2012 8:39 p.m.

Well, I'm pretty sure that a year and a half ago (when I made that comment) Nintendo hadn't yet announced the LM sequel. I'm looking forward to it!
  • TheWebSwinger - October 8, 2010 1:53 a.m.

"Above: Imagine the bonding that would come from doing this with a pal" Uhh...yeah...>_>
  • Genericide - October 8, 2010 2:11 a.m.

I loved both Galaxy and Galaxy 2, because I love 3D platformers (a dying breed, unfortunately) and good level design. The only thing I could recommend to the sequel is mix it up a bit and have more open-ended levels (like a larger super mario 64) instead of planetoids. And although an HD upgrade would certainly help, I thought Galaxy looked better than most 360 and PS3 games. But I'm all about aesthetic rather than pixel count and one of those people who can replay FF7 without my eyes bursting into flames.
  • Samuel71 - October 11, 2010 10:09 p.m.

DLC for a Mario game? Fuck that.
  • Ultimadrago - April 5, 2012 4:20 p.m.

What this man said.
  • kit07 - April 5, 2012 9:32 p.m.

yea i also agree, it would only be a matter of time before Nintendo would realize that they could release a half-ass game for a full 60 bucks, and then milk us for the rest with DLC. or try to at least, I won't take partake in that.