We Recommend

• shawksta - April 5, 2012 7:28 p.m.

Not bad updating the list Henry. You know Nintendo, they never fail with Mario,especially his core games, Galaxy 2's post game treasure hunt was fantastic and allot can be put in with the Wii U's better hardware. DLC will be fine ONLY if its brand new ideas after finishing the game thats already filled with satisfaction and not the ”content that shouldve been in a game” As for the graphics, as you said in the last post version of this, galaxy 2's box art was Effin amazing, if Mario can pull off graphics like that(which is next for cartoonish style like Mario) it will be graphic eye sex, PERIOD
  • winner2 - April 5, 2012 6:41 p.m.

It seems like almost everything I could think of has already been said. But just a thought..maybe they could add in appearances by some of the other characters from the mario universe? I mean besides yoshi, peach, bowser, toads, luigi and enemies. There are other people like wario and waluigi and daisy, right? Personally i'd love to see them make 3d versions of the characters from the paper marios. Like kooper and lady bow.
  • ncurry2 - April 5, 2012 6:21 p.m.

I'm not big on the coop or DLC. What I want is at least a few huge levels more akin to Mario 64 where you can load up a level for a particular star but stumble upon a different one. I really loved that aspect of Mario 64. But obviously, some of the levels in the 2 galaxy games were arguable some of the best designed levels of all time and you really need a constricted environment for that to be possible. But it doesn't hurt to mix and match. Also, I personally feel that the graphics on the two galaxies hold their own against the best of them. Maybe not in terms of polygon count but they were fresh, vibrant, and fluid. That's really all I need out of a Mario game.
  • ACGUY - April 5, 2012 6:03 p.m.

I want to see here me out some game play with a spaceship it self. In Super Mario Land for the gameboy. Mario had to use a flying plane or submarine to save Daisy. Why not have some cool segments like that where he uses a spaceship,maybe a rail shooter if that's too slow for a Mario game, or at least a few boss battles where Mario has to use both the ship and him self in stages to defeat a galaxy sized boss. That would be cool
  • alan-un - April 5, 2012 5:17 p.m.

I want to see a legit Mario RPG. Not like the ones that were relatively well done for the DS, but with real time action, similar to brawl. See a random monster walking around, run into it, and bam: a battle scenario with you against some enemies. (Those that are familiar with Tales of the Abyss and the like will know the frame I'm going for.) You can go along with the universe aspect for the RPG, and maybe give mario a set of weapons/items to use in fighting, similar to Link. Purchasable items and upgrades are always fun. Co-op can certainly be tied into the combat or in some other manner. It'll certainly be way different from any past Mario games, and with the graphics capabilities of the WiiU, it should be a great project to consider.
  • kit07 - April 5, 2012 9:30 p.m.

So Super Mario RPG 2? yea i am down.
  • invertedzero - April 5, 2012 4:41 p.m.

Mario's gone into space, now what about time? I think nintendo could be truly innovative with time and space in "Mario Universe" and a bit of inspiration from Portal. I personally want to see a grand mario adventure-platform reboot, with an updated art style / look for mario and bowser. Once upon a time sprite styles and 3d models used to change, however mario's has become static and is pretty much the same every game. The Wii-U is a great chance to make a truly revolutionary mario game, and to help it do that, an updated/new art style is needed
  • Samuel71 - October 11, 2010 10:09 p.m.

DLC for a Mario game? Fuck that.
  • Ultimadrago - April 5, 2012 4:20 p.m.

What this man said.
  • kit07 - April 5, 2012 9:32 p.m.

yea i also agree, it would only be a matter of time before Nintendo would realize that they could release a half-ass game for a full 60 bucks, and then milk us for the rest with DLC. or try to at least, I won't take partake in that.
  • Genericide - October 8, 2010 2:11 a.m.

I loved both Galaxy and Galaxy 2, because I love 3D platformers (a dying breed, unfortunately) and good level design. The only thing I could recommend to the sequel is mix it up a bit and have more open-ended levels (like a larger super mario 64) instead of planetoids. And although an HD upgrade would certainly help, I thought Galaxy looked better than most 360 and PS3 games. But I'm all about aesthetic rather than pixel count and one of those people who can replay FF7 without my eyes bursting into flames.
  • TheWebSwinger - October 8, 2010 1:53 a.m.

"Above: Imagine the bonding that would come from doing this with a pal" Uhh...yeah...>_>
  • marioman50 - October 7, 2010 11:06 p.m.

lol, I know I'm in the minority, but I loved Luigi's Mansion. I hope there'll be a sequel someday. And while Super Mario Galaxy was a great game, I'm kinda done with the gravity mechanic (and the tiny planetoids, like you said). Also, if they're gonna put 1-ups in a Mario game, make them actually serve a purpose. If I loose all my lives, punish me somehow, I want consequences! Otherwise just get rid of 1-ups altogether (something will never happen because it's a part of the Mario "culture"). Also, the next game should have more shy-guys :)
  • ultrakirby64 - April 5, 2012 4:41 p.m.

What about Luigi's mansion 2 for the 3ds or am i the only one who still remembers that exists?
  • marioman50 - April 5, 2012 8:39 p.m.

Well, I'm pretty sure that a year and a half ago (when I made that comment) Nintendo hadn't yet announced the LM sequel. I'm looking forward to it!
  • GameManiac - October 7, 2010 6:41 p.m.

SMG3 might happen, but then again Nintendo may come up with something incredible that ISN'T Galaxy.
  • Syncmaster - October 7, 2010 5:12 p.m.

DLC?? WTF?! dlcs are the worst thing of this game genaration, dont do this to mario, he doesnt deserve it
  • invertedzero - April 5, 2012 4:32 p.m.

I agree, although I think Nintendo could use this as an opportunity to show how DLC should work, as a contrast to how other companies using it to be lazy and siphon extra money from gamers
  • RonnyLive19881 - October 7, 2010 1:35 p.m.

I think Mario Galaxy 2 looks just as good as any cartoony PS3 game, in fact I like Nintendo's style loads more because of its charm. It would be cool to see a Zelda game as detailed as the Last Guardian though.
  • philipshaw - October 7, 2010 11:50 a.m.

Great list and I agree that we should wait until the next nintendo home console before seeing it because I want it in HD