• KolbitosFruitJuice - August 11, 2011 9:58 p.m.

I keep seeing comparisons to the bird riding in Zelda with the bird riding in SMG2. Was I like the only person on the planet that wasn't frustrated by those parts of the game? No I didn't complete them the first time but they were not aggravating. Looks like I wont have a problem with this either.
  • HarryBalls - August 11, 2011 9:49 p.m.

I'm with you 100% db1331. I'm through with motion controls, when the wii was announced it sounded promising but I've hated it ever since. The only way I'll pick up this new LoZ is if it's teeming with dungeons, or if it's in the bargain bin for a couple bucks.
  • Smash_Bro - August 11, 2011 9:43 p.m.

This is going to be another great Zelda. BUT. Doesn't anyone remember that Link was rumored to have some kind of stamina bar? I really, REALLY don't want this to happen. Is that feature still valid?
  • 510BrotherPanda - August 11, 2011 9:32 p.m.

I STILL CAN GET OVER LINK BEING RIGHT-HANDED. I NEVER PLAYED WAGGLE-CENTRIC T.P. Also, I'm guessing the "stand on the ball in the lava and roll it" part controls like the ball-rolling parts in the Mario Galaxy series. I really disliked those. I'm totally for the Impressionist art style, but those lips on all the people creep me the **** out...
  • JSayonara - August 11, 2011 9:31 p.m.

@db1331 I'm afraid I haven't liked Resi since they changed from the classic puzzle based games to shooters. I just find them boring now. There's a couple of games I like. I just bought Capcom vs Tatsunoko and I love Batman: Brave and the Bold. Got Manhunt 2 and Madworld to mess around on one day too. I still prefer my 360/PS3 combo though. I'm certainly not getting a Wii U unless it really steps up Nintendo's game. Slightly prettier graphics ain't gonna do it.
  • Zzombie99 - August 11, 2011 9:24 p.m.

All I hope is that they have an option for left-handed players.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - August 11, 2011 9:16 p.m.

@db1331 Ditto. And we are talking about Prime 3 and not about Other M here, right?
  • Redeater - August 11, 2011 9:10 p.m.

@reuben0110 I 100% SMG 1 and SMG 2. Trust me that bird flying bullshit was utter garbage. This is coming from someone who obviously had enough skill to complete both games....even the painful last 1 hit your dead star. It wasn't skill it just controlled like ass....end of story. On a different note I think I may actually skip this one. First Zelda I might not play but I'm done with waggling and pointing for this generation. Those inaccurate DKCR time trials were the last straw for me.
  • db1331 - August 11, 2011 8:48 p.m.

@JSayonara "I wish Nintendo would just make games like Zelda with an option to turn off ALL motion controls. Keep the waggle for the granny's and mum's." I completely agree. It's a shame you aren't enjoying your Wii though. I thought Metroid controlled nicely, personally. The waggling in Zelda does get excessive though. It was the first game I played when I got my Wii at launch, so the motion controls were still new and exciting. I tried to play through it again recently and it just pisses me off. Mainly because I play it at night in bed with my wife sleeping next to me. Every time I had to fight even the simplest enemy, I'm over there shaking the whole bed like Michael J. Fox chugging a case of Red Bull in an earthquake. I would at least recommend you check out the RE 4 Wiimake before you sell it.
  • Kilburn474 - August 11, 2011 8:42 p.m.

Bad players are bad. Cry some more.
  • JSayonara - August 11, 2011 8:39 p.m.

I caved and bought a Wii recently, just to play the obvious games. I hate it. Zelda with waggling does my fucking head in, and that bit with defending the coach argggggh. Mario...did my fucking head in. Ditto Metroid. I wish Nintendo would just make games like Zelda with an option to turn off ALL motion controls. Keep the waggle for the granny's and mum's. After all this crap, I doubt I'll ever buy a Nintendo console again. Honestly, I'd prefer it if they did a Sega and just made games for Sony/Microsoft.
  • Boomaga - August 11, 2011 8:18 p.m.

The flying levels in Mario Galaxy were forged in the deepest depths of the Malebolge to torment the living. They were almost as bad as the levels where Mario was running around on top of the ball and you had to hold the Wiimote vertically like a joystick. THE WII ALREADY HAS A JOYSTICK! IT'S ON THE GODDAMN NUNCHUCK!! Honestly, controlling flying things is my biggest fear about Skyward Sword, I'm hoping it doesn't spoil what could be an otherwise fantastic experience. I'm also hoping you don't have to set down the Wiimote to calibrate every 15 seconds.
  • reuben0110 - August 11, 2011 7:58 p.m.

I think I see what was wrong, db1331, I held the remote in mario galaxy with 2 hands, as you do in wii sports resort, and it worked fine for me. I can see why the way you described would be difficult.
  • db1331 - August 11, 2011 7:41 p.m.

No one is saying the flying levels in Galaxy were hard. I'm saying the controls for them sucked. I'm thinking about all the time you spend on Epona in Twilight Princess. If this bird crap takes up even half as much time, I'll pass.
  • reuben0110 - August 11, 2011 7:41 p.m.

@db1331 You know, mrclam might be right, you might just be terrible at games. Either that or you have arthritis, i apologise if you do.
  • mrclam - August 11, 2011 7:37 p.m.

>first its boats. then its trains (REALY!!!). now its BIRDS? As opposed to what? A warthog controlled by a space marine.. then another warthog controlled by a space marine.. and finally.. a warthog controlled by a space marine? (I.e. - I dont get why kids are so down on nintendo for their "unoriginality" while not batting an eyelid at the latest carbon copy fps game)
  • n00b - August 11, 2011 7:36 p.m.

the flying in twilight princess which used the ir sensor worked quite well. i dono why they didn't just keep that Nintendo: "stupid n00b! we gotta sell these confounded motion plus contraptions some how."
  • mrclam - August 11, 2011 7:35 p.m.

I thought the flying sections in galaxy were fine too... You must just be sht at playing games
  • Berretxz4t4 - August 11, 2011 7:34 p.m.

first its boats. then its trains (REALY!!!). now its BIRDS? what are you going to use next, nintendo? a built in Halo Chiroptera Class vessel with a slot for link to stick his sword in? a least the boats in phantom hourglass allowed you to go where you want (and not be restricted by 'railway tracks')... sigh... i'll probably get it any way (or at least ask for it)
  • db1331 - August 11, 2011 7:32 p.m.

@GOD WTF are you on? They controlled like shit. And even if they DID control well, it would still have been better controlled with the joystick, instead of holding your arm straight out and flopping your wrist around.