• Headsdown97 - August 30, 2012 10:28 a.m.

Finally a actual family in Skyrim... and my own house! Yes there may be mods like this on PC, but us Xbox people don't have this option so I for one say thank you to Bethesda. and to all those out there complaining I ask why this is so bad? it expands your family(if you have one) lets you build your own house, have children, raise them, and defend them! you know defending people, stuff hero's do... or are you Stormcloaks?
  • Shinn - August 30, 2012 12:54 a.m.

That's pretty cool, but the free mods available to me that do the exact same thing will probably be the first option I explore.
  • Meleedragon27 - August 29, 2012 5:12 p.m.

Huh. After the questlines of Dawnguard, I was expecting Hearthfire to be something a little more... epic. House-building and family-making wasn't what I was expecting, but it still sounds neat, and hey - it's only $5. It certainly sounds like it'll be fun to toy with, and since I still have a bunch of unfinished stuff in Skyrim to do, it'll definitely motivate me to put the disc in and keep playing.
  • HeavyTank - August 29, 2012 11:23 a.m.

This is my friend's reaction when he heard about it: Michael Jackson mode?Honestly, that's just unnecessary. It made me laugh pretty hard :D ...also, fix your captchas.They're unreadable.
  • jackthemenace - August 29, 2012 10:58 a.m.

Amazingly, I think only one person's mentioned it before me, but it was a kind-of off-anded reference, so I'm going to say it again: I'd rather pay for Horse Armour. And before anyone starts complaining about how Bethesda aren't FORCING me to pay for it, I know- but it just seems to me that the only kind of people who'd want this are PC gamers- who already have access to this sort of stuff on the PC versions anyway. I find it slightly worrying that they have to resort to this after only ONE proper action/adventure style DLC- I mean, both Fallouts had at least four, and even Oblivion had two before they started churning out special houses. I'll give you that the Tolkien-style Sims game does sound fun, it all just sounds like a load of faff: you're paying money for access to features that are already in the game, just in a different place- and then, you need to go through the rigmarole of actually finding/paying for all the materials to craft stuff and the like, before it goes into a weird management style system, where every now and then you have to come back and do some totally pointless and arbitrary task like kill Skeevers just to stop them eating your adopted child.
  • CrashmanX - August 29, 2012 9:20 a.m.

Why, this sounds exactly like a few mods that were released not too long ago. Like this one http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18480 Creativity juice not flowin there Bethesda? Gotta rip off them modders again without giving credit? I'm all for new content, but this is sad.
  • Viron - August 29, 2012 4:58 a.m.

If you live in a neighborhood with Giants, you should probably just move.
  • Fox_Mulder - August 28, 2012 8:54 p.m.

Some people will complain about this, but it's all I've ever wanted.
  • forestfire55 - August 28, 2012 7:24 p.m.

FYI, its 400 Microsoft points.
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - August 28, 2012 3:44 p.m.

This is what I want. I spend hours and hours in Elder Scrolls games meticulously arranging all of my hoarded treasures inside my houses (probably because I have undiagnosed OCD) and this is perfect. Not some pre-built mod or DLC home, but something I can build myself, with materials I have to collect (so it feels like I earned it), without having to download modding tools on a PC and learn to use them. Bethesda, you know me so well.
  • CUFCfan616 - August 28, 2012 3:27 p.m.

Meh. With all the faffing about with the PS3 version, I'll just wait until the GOTY/Complete edition is out on Steam and in a Steam sale rather than spend another $60 on 4 or 5 DLCs. Bethesda make great games, but if they put half the effort they put into DLCs for Fallout & Elder Scrolls, they could make the games work perfectly instead of being bugridden
  • cwdd47 - August 28, 2012 1:12 p.m.

What was that other DLC that was supposed to come out on thePs3 as well? Dawnsomething?? I can't remember, it's been so long since I've heard anything about it...
  • Clovin64 - August 28, 2012 1:01 p.m.

Pfft. My Skyrim character is a brooding loner anyway. No wife and kids for me.
  • Pyroco101 - August 28, 2012 12:40 p.m.

"After the last chunk of in-house mods that we decided should be wrapped up in voice acting and sold as DLC, we've decided to do it again, and confirm our desire for the casual audience by turning what was a franchise that could impress Tolken's lore and bestiary into "The Sims: Skyrim." -Bethesda
  • Travia220 - August 28, 2012 12:30 p.m.

Hell Yea, Horse Armour DLC. Thought Bethesda wasn't going to do that kind of DLC. It's also good to see Bethesda is still profiting off of the ideas of the mod community.
  • robotdickens - August 28, 2012 12:29 p.m.

My jaw literally hung open for the first minute. You see THIS is what I want when I buy an expansion pack. This only furthers my thought that Bethesda is the greatest game company ever. And September 4th? YES! It's coming out so soon!
  • asspills - August 28, 2012 12:03 p.m.

This gives me an unusual amount of boners; Skyrim plus minecraft elements. Except one problem: As a khajitt player who isn't a furry, I am unable to make myself marry anyone in the game.
  • Manguy17 - August 28, 2012 11:52 a.m.

if they add divorce then im in, as many may have done I married the figher lady with the facepaint just to see what the marriage system was like, being able to change their clothes (and the clothes of all compainions ) would be nice, other than just giving them better armour, it just seemed wrong to come home to your wife who has anchient nord amour and facepaint.
  • Child Of Death - August 28, 2012 11:09 a.m.

I am somewhat disapointed by this. I was hoping for an another epic adventure. But this looks interesting although I wont start up Skyrim again just for this. P.S Is it me or are the captchas getting harder and harder to read?