• Romination - December 3, 2010 5:42 a.m.

The Silent Hill Homecoming one just feels lazy. YOU'RE INSANE AND NOTHIN OF THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Ugh.
  • PastorOfMuppets - December 3, 2010 4:28 a.m.

Hitman: Codename 47 where you are the "son" of the men you killed. Also Dante's Inferno when the only reason the Devil could escape Hell was because Dante broke in.
  • kibbles0515 - December 3, 2010 3:49 a.m.

What Kapwan said. Black Ops' plot twist was so obvious, and the credits sequence was interesting, but kinda stupid at the same time.
  • scrimbleshanks - December 3, 2010 3:29 a.m.

How about Gears of war 2 where Dom had to kill his wife? Wouldn't suprize me if Anaya carks it in Gears 3 either.
  • Cyberninja - December 3, 2010 3:27 a.m.

what about the disgaea games theirs an huge twist in each game.
  • g4m3rk1dd - December 3, 2010 3:11 a.m.

adding on to my previous comment that whole game was filled with plot twists we saw comming :| THE DAMNED BIRD FOR GODS SAKES
  • g4m3rk1dd - December 3, 2010 3:08 a.m.

you left out FF13...vanille and dajh? fang just turning at the end? you sir are a slacker :(
  • DreamWeaverPL - December 3, 2010 3:05 a.m.

You are wrong about Dead Space and Silent Hill. And it pisses me off.
  • Yeager1122 - December 3, 2010 2:46 a.m.

Crackdown where the agency is actually the bad guy i saw that one coming pretty early in the game.
  • KnightDehumidifier - December 3, 2010 2:38 a.m.

The most painful has to be Mega Man 6. "Who is this Mr. X, who stole all these robot masters and programmed them for evil? Clearly he's as fiendish as Dr. Wily, who failed to beat the blue bomber after all these years...FUCK IT'S STILL HIM AGAIN! C'MON! FUCK YOU CAPCOM!"
  • brettjohnson - December 3, 2010 2:23 a.m.

I saw the twists in the Golden Sun games coming. Whether it was the one where you find out that Felix and the warriors from Prox were actually good or whether it was where you find out the Doom Dragon was made of your loved ones. Maybe the one in Dragon Quest Monsters Jokers also. Anything called Darkonium is clearly bad.
  • batmanboy11 - December 3, 2010 2:14 a.m.

Good list. Also, the Assassin's Creed twist was painfully obviously to me from pretty early on in the game
  • sleepy92ismypsn - December 3, 2010 2:14 a.m.

Whoa, I've only played 1 game on this list. This article is not for me.
  • AGENTJORRRG - December 3, 2010 2:12 a.m.

I always look at that second mirrors edge picture as if her arm is flying onto her at the elbow and attaching.
  • gamingfreak - December 3, 2010 2:03 a.m.

I can always see a plot twist coming. Except for MGS2 and 4, but that was because I was so confused that I gave up trying to understand them.
  • mrm1138 - December 3, 2010 1:17 a.m.

Was Isaac seeing Nicole because he was crazy or because the Marker was putting thoughts into his head? Quite honestly, I felt it was the latter because of the instructions she keeps giving him. I'm somewhat loath to admit that I read the Dead Space novel Martyr, and it presents the idea that the Marker gives people visions of dead relatives and friends so as to influence them. (Strangely, though, it seems to be fairly schizophrenic about its intentions, sometimes telling the people under its influence that it should be excavated so as to bring about Convergence or buried because it's incredibly dangerous. That seems to suggest that within the Marker are two forces, one of which is actively attempting to suppress the other in the interest of keeping the universe safe.)
  • oufour - December 3, 2010 1:02 a.m.

@Altairfoggz really? his ominous tone and odd abilities didn't make you slightly suspicious? given that the assassin's continue into AC2 and i didn't beat ac1 till after 2 i was a little thrown off, but i still figured it out WAY too early.
  • ApplePieHitlerStevenson - December 3, 2010 12:52 a.m.

Ya didn't see the Dead Space one either
  • AltairFoggz - December 3, 2010 12:49 a.m.

WTF. I didn't see the Assassin's Creed twist. And I am the main character. :(
  • Mortified_Cow - December 3, 2010 12:48 a.m.

How bout Army of Two, with the "Your boss and the company you work for is really evil and using you for his own gains" ending. I never saw that one coming. I mean, who ever heard of an evil corporation with its own private army in a video game before. (YAY Sarcasm)