• Kaeda - December 29, 2010 8:13 p.m.

Hitman. Seriously, just pick one; he gets set up in all of them so far. Interestingly enough, he has yet to be betrayed.
  • danabramovici - December 10, 2010 7:17 a.m.

"Is that best friend hair? Is that a “nice to see you still alive” face? No, it is not." is one of my favourite captions on anything ever. walk tall. eat a steak. well done.
  • garyn-greene - October 19, 2011 4:20 p.m.

Completely agree. I was skimming the article, read that line, and just LOST it. Among the best captions I've ever read, as well.
  • AvatarIII - December 7, 2010 5:30 p.m.

i don't see anyone suggesting Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, the one where a blatantly sinister looking/sounding ally turns up part way through, and he's constantly doing things his own headstrong fasion
  • BurntToShreds - December 6, 2010 6:49 p.m.

Metal Gear Solid series: Ocelot betrays/deceives everyone.
  • Ipriest54753 - December 6, 2010 4:51 a.m.

Just cause 2 - the thing everyone wants is the oil... you don't fucking say
  • Zepaw - December 6, 2010 2:05 a.m.

Didn't see Dead Space coming, but it was the kind of twist that makes total sense as something that I should have seen coming afterward. The videos were clearly clips, not her communicating with him. Awesome game, hope 2 holds up well.
  • jordanlacroix95 - December 5, 2010 11:23 p.m.

this one spams through the splinter cell series : work for organization , organization boss is an asshole
  • sveini22 - December 5, 2010 8:31 p.m.

Reznov in Black ops ?
  • Vulneratus - December 4, 2010 11:46 p.m.

I have to say that while the twist in Dead Space was painfully obvious from practically 10 minutes into the game, I certainly did not get the impression that Isaac was insane but rather that the hivemind (or artifact or whatever) was screwing around with him and projecting those images of Nicole. And yeah I have to say the whole "beaked"/masked assassin person in Resi 5 turning out to be Jill was not only the most woefully-executed plot twist I've ever experienced in a game, it was mildly insulting. That might be over the top but c'mon... it was like: if at the end of The Usual Suspects the big twist turned out not to be that Kevin Spacey's character was Kaiser Soze but that he had a noticeable limp.
  • yoyoguy - December 4, 2010 5:49 p.m.

bayonetta's breasts are MUCH bigger in that picture than i remember them in the game.
  • quincytheodore - December 4, 2010 8:02 a.m.

I saw Dead Space but not that early. By the time I felt stalked from the sound of vent shaft, yeah this is the only game that managed to did that, and she was still marginally calm compared to other FUBAR survivors, it felt like she was on a different place. When she appeared, it's odd that I was armed to the teeth and she looked so.. casual... Well she must be dead.. the last scream was good though..
  • Defguru7777 - December 4, 2010 8:01 a.m.

Holy crap I saw Assassin's Creed's ending coming! It was painful!
  • nomnom52 - December 4, 2010 7:50 a.m.

The Mirror's Edge pic reminds me VERY much of my sixth grade teacher. I look at her, and see horror staring back at me.
  • Genericide - December 4, 2010 4:36 a.m.

Dunno if this counts but Haze even had its big "the people you're working for are evil" twist in it's damn commercials, for heaven's sake.
  • dogfacemanchild - December 4, 2010 2:10 a.m.

I thought the plot twist for in COD Black Ops was pretty obvious like halfway through the game
  • Pudge - December 3, 2010 11:38 p.m.

You guys missed the worst one of these in modern gaming. Singularity. You start the game off, get warped back into time and kill some guys. You play the rest of the game, standard time travel plot, and then they try to pull a BioShock on you at the end by saying O CRAP, YOU CHANGED HISTORY BY KILLING SOMEONE IN THE PAST! It's so dumb, the entire game's premise is that you're fighting against the weird new future you made and then that's supposed to be the twist? It had me laughing at the end.
  • steviemw85 - December 3, 2010 9:48 p.m.

forgot jak II's predictable twist where the kid who doesn't speak is actually a young jak. theyr identical! anyone who didnt notice thats n idiot
  • WickedSid - December 3, 2010 9:43 p.m.

I totally saw that ending coming.
  • NightCrawler_358 - December 3, 2010 8:28 p.m.

I saw all of these coming except for Dead Space. I loved that ending and was all "NO WAY!" so where is 2 going? Running around an asylum like Batman?