• shadowreaper72 - July 15, 2011 11:13 p.m.

Sigh must I repeat myself again : Child of Eden Do people expect us to shell out 50$ for a two hour game?! I dont care how good it is 2 hours its not worth 50$ Hell not even 20 is worth it more maybe 10$. Shadows of the Damned. Now I dont doubt that this is actually a great game and I wish to rent when I get the chance but it failed for 1 sole reason. To me if a game has less than 15 hours of gameplay, then it should have multiplayer. Otherwise I just cant justify spending that much on a game.
  • HaVoK308 - July 15, 2011 11:09 p.m.

Child of Eden should have been $15 DLC. It would have sold like hell and made a lot more money. I would like to see such a game to well but I am not going to spend $50 on a game that last a couple hours for the first play though. Shadows of the Damned was not marketed very well at all and lacks content. Got Child of Eden at the house right now from Gamefly and Shadows of the Damned on my Q. If Publishers would use their heads they would realize that games such as Shadows of the Damned, Vanquished, Bayonetta, ect should ship at $39. Earth Defense Force just did it and I as well as a lot of my gaming buds bought it day one.
  • JangoFettN7 - July 15, 2011 10:55 p.m.

I think it's more of a money issue than people want to buy crap games. This year there are a lot of big profile games [Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Gears 3 to name a few] so personally I'm not making any purchases beyond a few of those... I might pick up SoD later next year, but I probably won't even have the time to play it. and as for Child of Eden, I don't own Kinect, so that losses most of it's appeal.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - July 15, 2011 10:55 p.m.

I could understand Shadows of the Damned, since it got no advertising and every casual gamer out there is playing Black Ops. However, I'm surprised that Child of Eden didn't do well. It's the one Kinect game that I was actually interested in, but I guess that's the problem. Casual gamers have Kinect, and casual gamers don't buy good games.
  • Valntyne - July 15, 2011 10:50 p.m.

That's sad. I plan to pick Shadows, as soon as I have the money to do so.
  • gamingfreak - July 15, 2011 10:48 p.m.

That's a pity,it was a really good game too.
  • Tazerbri - July 15, 2011 10:46 p.m.

This news makes me a sad panda... :(
  • MouseKlok - July 15, 2011 10:40 p.m.

I just bought Shadows of the Damned, and I'm loving it. Surprisingly, it was the last copy at my local Best Buy. I think I'll be picking up Child of Eden soon too. I've been trying to support the new IP's recently. I bought Vanquish, Enslaved, and Epic Mickey, and I was not disappointed with any of them. I wish I could say the same for Fable 3, Call of Duty, and Halo Reach...
  • ichigoame - July 15, 2011 10:36 p.m.

I have sotd, I have to admit, it hasn't grabbed me like the amazing killer7 or NMH, it's quite cool though, I just find it easy to get lost and I don't like how drab looking it is but I haven't really been playing it,But I thought it would sell a little better than that. I think the PR is really poor tbf. as I said before, I don't think I've seen one ad for it on TV. I have a PS3 so i haven't bought COE yet, and considering how short it is I don't want to pay full price for it. there are plenty of strange games out there that you can get on the cheap though I got two new PS2 games through the post earlier and today..I saw a woman's tits roaring (digital devil saga)
  • MonocledYaoGuai - July 15, 2011 10:15 p.m.

Neither of them looked all that interesting to me. I did however enjoy Duke Nukem Forever. More so, why is there a stigma that I must enjoy every critically-acclaimed quirky title?
  • WeinerlessSteve - July 15, 2011 10:14 p.m.

Well, we could all go buy a copy now. I played and loved SotD and I am sure that Child would be great but I feel like I would be buying half a game since I am dis-Kinect-ed. Ask movie critics what they think of the average theater goer if you are jaded about how much your insightful opinions matter. People are the same as they have always been. It would have been nice to see a few advertising dollars spent on these gems rather than trying to make surefire million-selling bland ass FPS's into the new "franchises". I can't tell them apart but hey, whatever works for people, its not like Tim Shaffer can sell "AAA" budgeted titles either. Frankly, I don't care for most of those. Damn, I was attempting to be positive.
  • CommandantOreo - July 15, 2011 10:12 p.m.

BF3>both these 2 games. It's popular for a reason.
  • Clovin64 - July 15, 2011 10:11 p.m.

I would have snatched up both Shadows of the Damned and Child of Eden immedietely if I had the dough... Its quite sad, I havent seen either of them advertised here in the UK and my few gamer friends havent even heard of them.
  • blakebeauchamp - July 15, 2011 9:59 p.m.

Wow, a lot of hate for SoD. I really want to buy this game, but with so much coming out and me with so little money it's difficult to justify buying it along with the other many titles I HAVE to buy. Looks really fun though
  • TheRandomFool - July 15, 2011 9:58 p.m.

I'm sure it's great, but somehow they managed to make it one of those games you have to play to enjoy. Looking at it, even from the start, didn't interest me that much. In addition, those don't include rental numbers, something this would likely get pretty high on due to it's lack of multiplayer.
  • onetimebuster - July 15, 2011 9:58 p.m.

Thats sad Shadow of the damned was really good
  • Hamburgers - July 15, 2011 9:57 p.m.

Read through these comments and tell me you still wonder how a bunch of fuckheads can't appreciate moderately unique, or "creative" virtual games. See? No mystery or surprise here.
  • Bloodstorm - July 15, 2011 9:52 p.m.

Well, I'd say visual style would do them both in for me. Shadow of the Damned looks completely uninteresting to my tastes, and everything from Child of Eden I just didn't even know what the hell was going on. I've got no interest in Kinect and kinect games, and I'm not into Gothic styled shooters.
  • BackwaterRifle - July 15, 2011 9:42 p.m.

@BobsYurUncle IMHO Borderlands was kinda shit, and if I had the money now I would have bought SotD
  • JayQ - July 15, 2011 9:40 p.m.

You guys don't know what your missing with Shadows of the Damned, easily one of my favorite games of the year so far. It plays like a mix between Resident Evil 4 and Killer 7, it's not just a shooter, it's more of a puzzle shooter, and it really reminds me of Desperado/From Dusk Till Dawn, a cheesy B movie game that is proud to be a B movie game. Also, easily the best soundtrack I've heard in a game in a looooong time.