Topics

FML

• shawksta - September 10, 2013 3:22 p.m.

Awesome article, Lucas and Zach tag team prowess! Remember Instructing Manuals? The ones that were actually books? Of course not, nowadays were reduced to 1 sheet that's been folded. There is this one game I played a cousins house way back then. It was a PS2 RPG but I cant remember anything, all I ever did was play the intro bits and all remember from back then is that you start as a Girl waking up in some sort of futuristic station and the tutorial on how battles work were on an all white area. And its not like I can ask my cousin cause he doesn't have his PS2 or game anymore and didn't even play it.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - September 10, 2013 4:40 p.m.

Thanks! Yes--I miss the days when I could read through my Warcraft: Orcs and Humans manual as if it were a book. And apologies, but I don't think I've ever played that game :{
  • shawksta - September 10, 2013 6:04 p.m.

It sucks, they are like never putting any effort anymore on manuals but i guess its better to get to the point. Nobody seems to recall it, its all flash for now, maybe one day.
  • Hyperion - September 11, 2013 8:53 a.m.

was it Xenosaga?
  • shawksta - September 11, 2013 10:58 a.m.

Don't know, I'm going to have to check when I have the chance
  • JarkayColt - September 10, 2013 2:51 p.m.

This is brilliant. I can relate to so many of these, haha. Although, cable length was never an issue for me because I do actually prefer to game whilst sitting on the floor, even now that we have wireless controllers. :I That's not weird, is it? Oh but seriously, batteries! When I go back and look at the Game Boy, I honestly have to ask myself if it really used FOUR double-A's. I hate to think how many of them I actually drained with that one handheld. Also it was a huge issue with the Wii as well. I really disliked having to scrounge together a couple of batteries just because I fancied playing a quick game of Smash or whatever because the ones I'd left in the remote had gone flat. Worse if you had to find a pair for a friend as well. I hate updates too. I went back to uni yesterday where I'd left my PS3, and all I wanted to do was download the Puppeteer demo and give it a go. Since I hadn't turned it on for a while, I had to update the firmware to the newest version and wait for the PS3 to reboot. Then, I had to update the PS Store (seriously Sony, that's just ridiculous). By the time I'd even hit the download button for the demo, I'd lost about an hour already. Then you have to wait about 5 hours for it to download and install THAT (yeah, internet's kinda cruddy). Or rather I would have done, but I just cancelled it, because screw that.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - September 10, 2013 4:45 p.m.

I had a sorta similar thing happen, where downloading a Counter-Strike Source patch at college caused me to unknowingly surpass my bandwidth limit and get banned from the Internet for a week. NOT fun when you need to do Wikipedia research lolol
  • Hashbaz - September 10, 2013 2:40 p.m.

As a PC gamer 90% of these don't effect me. Admittedly i grew up a console gamer, so I have experienced a few, but ultimately I changed because i was tired of problems like these.
  • injustice45 - September 10, 2013 2:29 p.m.

Nine months ago, I bought Super Street Fighter IV for my PS3. When I checked the case,the disc was the Arcade Edition instead.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - September 10, 2013 4:42 p.m.

I thinkkkkkkk you got the better end of the deal lol