• JarkayColt - November 3, 2012 11:54 a.m.

Mercy upon me, it took me long enough for my regular sleep patterns to return after reading the Top 7 creepy urban legends...I think listening about it made the effect exponentially worse, especially when Tom interjected his notorious anger into the Herobrine WAKE UP thing *curls into a ball* And thanks for posting my art! I had way too much fun making it!
  • TanookiMan - November 3, 2012 8:09 a.m.

Hurray, Radioradar is back! I was a little worried when I didn't see it last week. I actually was pretty creeped out playing Slender. It's a really simple game, but I knew nothing about it coming in. The first time I turned around and he was right there, I nearly pooped myself.
  • abhorerofmoppets - November 3, 2012 1:46 a.m.

Silent Hill 3. Surprisingly, it was not the monsters or their actions that scared me but from the very start that game was doing horrible things with my mind: all because of Robbie the Rabbit. Now, I've always had a fear of mascot costumes (even slightly today), I'm not sure when this started but even as a child this caused problems because of course parents want pictures taken with whatever character is at the mall at whatever season. The Easter Rabbit though, frightened me the most. Upon first seeing the mascots in the game, I really was considering not playing the game at all. Especially with bloody mouths, clothes and positioning, this made my fear about ten times worse. Also, not helping was the fact that I live relatively nearby to an amusement park that is also named Lakeside. Not fun. I did eventually make it through the game, however whenever I had to play during those times at the amusement parked my arms and hands were sweating and tired from clenching the controller.
  • SpadesSlick - November 3, 2012 1:40 a.m.

Oh shit, awesome. Never won something before. This podcast just got twice as sexy.
  • codystovall - November 2, 2012 10:21 p.m.

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How come my fanart entry isnt on here?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously wtf....I worked hard on that.
  • codystovall - November 2, 2012 11 p.m.

• JarkayColt - November 3, 2012 12:02 p.m.

I wondered where yours was too; good to see it up there now. I have to say, I think your drawing and line quality is fantastic. Also, the expressions are absolutely priceless.
  • obviouslyadouche - November 2, 2012 10:03 p.m.

Amnesia, all the lights turned off at my dads apartment right near a shopping center, had the window open, yelled so loud when a monster jumped out at me that i heard mulitiple people outside wonder if something bad was happening
  • garnsr - November 2, 2012 8:56 p.m.

Sticking the download link in with the social media junk is confusing. I think the download link, at least, should be separate and obvious, for the times when the show hasn't shown up in iTunes yet.
  • CountRichtertoffen - November 2, 2012 7:27 p.m.

When I first played MYST, I didn't know what to do (presumably just like everyone else) and the bit when just starting out where either Achenar or Sirrus begins talking through the static a book terrified me for some reason. Which is weird, because that part is really not scary at all.
  • Stabby_Joe - November 2, 2012 7:04 p.m.

Scared while playing a game? I honestly haven't BUT there have been instances with a greater sense of dread and atmosphere. Condemned: Criminal Origins in the latter stages of the game you are sent into a country house to track down a serial killer. The whole building is one long series of cryptic puzzles. When you are led into the basement things have been quite so far. Dimly lit, water drops, creaking wood and then BAM! Disfigured, almost animal like madman crawls from no where and strikes before crawling away... and the worst part is there's more than one. Their sounds resonating throughout.
  • VideoGabes - November 2, 2012 6:19 p.m.

I was actually scared earlier this week playing Resident Evil 4. I have never played a Resident Evil game before and wanted to try one out (plus it was half off on XBLA). I was scared for pretty much the first 2 acts of that game whenever a "not-zombie" would yell or show up behind me. I was not yet used to the tank style controls or how little ammo I had so I didn't want to fight the bad guys. It also didn't help that I played in the night and had the volume up really high so whenever the silence was broken, I jumped up and yelled. My younger brother was watching me, he thinks I am a baby...
  • Cyberninja - November 2, 2012 5:19 p.m.

No I haven't ever been scared by a game.
  • Dadyo238 - November 2, 2012 3:32 p.m.

I haven't been a horror game fan for a long time, and the only reason I am today is because of one game: Silent Hill:Shattered Memories for Wii. When I got this game for christmas, I was only 11, and it scared the living shit out of me, and I loved every minute of it. The eerie atmosphere during the exploration sections, punctuated by the super intense chase sections, made into a very, very scary game. What really set it off, though, is that in most other "horror" games, you would see the mutilated, faceless monsters, kill them with a shotgun blast to the face, and continue on to punch boulders in your local volcano. No no no. In this game, when the music gets louder, and the place you're in literally freezes as you watch, you don't think "O YEA GONA SHUUT MA SUM ZOMBEES HOORA", you think "Oh shit." And when you hit that dead end when three mutilated,faceless monsters are chasing you, you know it's game over. One of the best and most underrated Wii games, in my opinion.
  • TwinHallow - November 2, 2012 3:28 p.m.

HEY don't mess with Pit you -insert insult here-
  • StrayGator - November 2, 2012 3:28 p.m.

A game that scared me? Don't know if it counts, but I had this scratched CD that made the game hang occasionally, so I copied the contents to my hard drive and tried to redirect CD reads to this directory. CD-protection (that's Olde English for DRM) kicked in, and it looked like all the data on my hard drive was corrupted. That made me scared. I circumvented this condition a day or two later somehow, but it took a few weeks for my initial panic to die out. The game? either Jane's USNF (first one) or 3D Lemmings. Probably USNF bacuse 3DL had CD audio tracks that you couldn'- does it even matter?