• Cyberninja - November 30, 2013 6:26 a.m.

I am least thankful for the people who immediately exclude Nintendo when talking about the new gaming generation. Nintendo makes some of the best choices and yet because they don't have as much power in their systems they are automatically crap. Think about it, the Wiiu only has 32 GB built in while both the PS4/Xbox One have 500 GB, however since for Wiiu you aren't downloading the whole game and can still read games off the disc your space will go further and if you want to download full games you still have that option as well instead of being told you have to do things the way of the "future". Nintendo also doesn't charge for Internet and offers the most community centered online experience with Miiverse. Lastly Nintendo still has a console that will work completely offline, sure you miss updates but with the others you miss most of the key futures from being offline. Yet even after all that people are just so quick to dismiss Nintendo and that is why I am not thankful for them.
  • TurkeyOnRye - November 30, 2013 6:20 a.m.

I'm least thankful for the fact that a good portion of non-Nintendo AAA titles released this generation feel the need to shoehorn in "mature" language with no way to censor it. I understand sometimes it's acceptable, but there are times when it's completely unnecessary and only added to make the game more "edgy." Kinda makes it hard to be a gamer with a 4 year old in the house. I can only play those games when she's in bed or at pre-school... Also, Fanboy Coop.... the original Conker's Bad Fur Day came out on 64, not GameCube. I know it was a slip of the tongue during a rant, but still....
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - November 30, 2013 11:45 a.m.

Ugh, Fanboy Coop is the absolute worst.
  • TurkeyOnRye - November 30, 2013 12:10 p.m.

Well... rub it in his face the next time he emerges. You figure he'd at least get his console exclusives right.
  • Lurkero - November 30, 2013 5:44 a.m.

I'm least thankful for the seemingly increasing focus on what NOT to include in a game rather than what to include in a game. I know developers are struggling because of piracy and used game sales, but its kind of a hassle to constantly have to think about what the developer has set aside for DLC and what platform specific DLC is on. This also plays into the focus on microtransactions which are also may be things that a developer decided to separate from the main game BEFORE release. I just hope that developers are able to focus on developing a good game first and worry about increasing the profit later.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - November 30, 2013 5:19 a.m.

I'm least thankful for collectors editions of games. Sure, once in a while they come included with some nifty things, but more often than not, you're paying $100+ for an artbook you'll flip through once, a soundtrack you'll never listen to, and if you're lucky, a shoddily made hunk of plastic (I'm looking at you, Dead Space 2) that you want to keep hidden rather then display. Seriously, you'd have to be a complete idiot to fall for it.....like I do. Everytime. :C
  • shawksta - November 30, 2013 2:28 p.m.

I agree here, I remember getting the original Street fighter 4 collectors edition that features a figurine and a movie. I lost the figurine in 2 days and the movies lip syncing was horrendous Though there are great things out there, I still have my special edition Skyward Sword box that came with the 25th Anniversary soundtrack and that sweet gold Zelda Wiimote motion plus controller that I plan on keeping to this day. I need that gold nunchuck to fully complete it but goddamn it Club Nintendo keeps running out.
  • g1rldraco7 - December 2, 2013 5:13 a.m.

I know you're pain, I bought the Skyrim Collector's edition because I wanted the Alduin figure and I still want that gold nunchuck from Nintendo Club. X(
  • g1rldraco7 - November 30, 2013 5:16 a.m.

I emailed my answer to Greg already. Besides I am shocked by the detail of the drawing of Vader slaying a dragon. Makes mine look terrible :(
  • Tranquilbez34 - November 30, 2013 4:37 a.m.

I am least thankful for the amount of memory that both the Xbox One and PS4 have. 500GB would be great for the launch of the last generation but seeing how much space those launch titles take up. I'm almost certain that it's gonna cause some major issues for consumers in about a year or so. Also, 12 year old (Twelvies in Australia) kids who play COD and think that they're gamers and know shit about games. FUCK OFF YOU PUBELESS SHITHEADS!!!
  • dangomushi - November 30, 2013 3:41 a.m.

Bros. I work with a lot of gamers, which I thought would be cool. But I actually can't relate to them any better than I can with the grandmas I work with. If it ain't Call of Duty or something comparable, they haven't a clue. Bros. If gaming consumers were't all bros, maybe more inventive games would sell better and less developers would close shop. Its the same reason the film industry is so fucked. Why make better movies if Transformers 2 sells a billion? Bros.
  • Unoriginal - November 30, 2013 2:59 a.m.

I'm least thankful for Sony delaying my country getting PS4's and locking the functionality of local Credit Cards on PSN to only PS4's bought here at home.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 30, 2013 2:52 a.m.

I'm least thankful for the fresh scratch on my 4 day old Zelda 3DS XL that I paid full price for just days before Target would have a pricing error that allowed people to get it for $150. I know I should have waited until Black Friday, but it was such a new thing that I figured there would be no deal on it. And now I'm least thankful for its scratches.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - November 30, 2013 11:46 a.m.

OUCH!
  • StrayGator - November 30, 2013 2:50 a.m.

I'm least thankful for eye-popping US-only Amazon deals. Sure, the advent of digital distribution made frequent game shopping viable more than ever, but if I want anything physical I'm welcome to travel to Shylockville and pay the equivalent of $85 for any game released less than two years ago, or maybe ~$900 for a PS4. And Armazorn, even if you don't want to mess with overseas shipping - what stops you from letting us buy digital codes? dick move.