• rainn'sgaydar - March 2, 2013 4:29 p.m.

I'd like to see Final Fantasy depart from what it is now and return to its 16-bit glory. There's a reason those are still so celebrated and it's not all about nostalgia. They're well made games that are classics, VI in particular. So if Square took some of the ideas we have from modern RPGs and found a way to translate it to an overhead, sprite-based game, the results could be beautiful. I imagine the hype for a 16-bit style, proper Final Fantasy would be pretty high, and Square could actually deliver on what they set out to do in that format, since it seems they miss the mark with recent installments (Read: every installment since X).
  • awinnerisjew - March 2, 2013 2:44 p.m.

I'd like a gritty Mega Man reboot in the vein of Deus Ex. It could have a cool subplot about the enslavement of the robots leading to their rebellion, with all the political and philosophical conflict therein. Are they people, property, tools or weapons? Can they marry? Mega Man himself could even be unsure about his allegiance and role. Maybe AC:1 post assassination style cutscenes after you defeat a boss and obtain his weapon where Cutman lectures you about the futility of war and the inherent evils of the caste system.
  • JakePPetersen - March 6, 2013 12:54 p.m.

I think it would be really awesome to have a Mega Man reboot, one based on the Protomen (a kickass band that you should all go check out) version of the Mega Man story. Such a game could really focus on the grim and dark reality of a city run by an evil overlord and his robot masters, with a defeated and servile populace who will whisper about a hero, but turn their backs when one shows up. It could really explore the psychology of an occupied area, one that has been too long living under a tyranny to really want or even know what freedom means. Also, it would have the most awesome soundtrack of the year, if not the decade.
  • supergiraffe - March 2, 2013 2:19 p.m.

I know it's a recent series, but Fable has become really bogged down with a bad reputation. It usually ships full of half baked ideas, and it never really grew with other games in the genre. Getting back to the pure fantasy start and discarding a lot of the continuity could really help it.
  • TaserLime - March 2, 2013 10:31 a.m.

i want a tetris reboot.
  • Moondoggie1157 - March 2, 2013 11:43 a.m.

Yea man, I'n there! They should replace the shaped blocks with discarded small pets, or orphans. Now that would be a reboot!
  • TaserLime - March 3, 2013 10:37 a.m.

i feel like there's some chicanery being made at my expense with your comment.
  • Moondoggie1157 - March 3, 2013 12:29 p.m.

No trickery intended, I agree with you. I just felt like saying that... It took me years to appreciate tetris and now I'm hooked, I'd love to see some crazy reboot of it... With ur without orphans. Wow, honestly looking back I have no idea why some shit comes out of my mouth... It just kinda flows out... hmmm...
  • Unoriginal - March 2, 2013 9:51 a.m.

I think it is time for most of the mainstream horror titles to get a fresh start. As the sequels pile on for Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Dead Space they get further and further away from their roots and get bogged down by convoluted lore and too many characters. Horror is always at its best when dealing with the unknown and has simple premise.
  • Dadyo238 - March 2, 2013 8:56 a.m.

Hey guys, remember the Dungeon Siege series? That one? Yeah, I know. I think that needs a reboot on a big level. DS3 was an okay game, but I think it needs to move a little further away from its roots next time. Making it like a party-based The Witcher would be absolutely amazing, and could bring that series back into the limelight.
  • TaserLime - March 2, 2013 11:34 a.m.

I just imagine a party game version of The Witcher when I hear you say "a party-based The Witcher"
  • Dadyo238 - March 4, 2013 3:02 p.m.

The sad part is I would play the shit out of that game.
  • BladedFalcon - March 2, 2013 8:01 a.m.

I might be sounding like a broken record here, but my answer once again has to be Fatal Frame. Just pretend the last shameful iterations never happened and start over in next gen. And utilize the basic concept of the first two games, but expand on it, make it even more atmospheric and scarier. You're once again a young, normal, frightened girl that finds herself having to wander trough a cursed place plagued by the ghosts of people that suffered tragic and horrible deaths, and the only method you have for defense is a camera in which you have to aim and force yourself to look directly at your attacking ghost to make it banish. Main difference I would change for this new iteration, is that I think all the arcade-y stuff should be gone, remove the HUD, remove the points than show up when you take a picture, make it so that you feel even more defenseless and even unsure of how you're doing it, and that will make it all the scarier.
  • DarthEnderX - March 2, 2013 1:07 a.m.

They took my reboot choice. I want a Legacy of Kain reboot something awful. I want a retelling of Blood Omen's story made in the style of Darkstalkers.
  • g1rldraco7 - March 1, 2013 11:04 p.m.

I would love a reboot of the Bloody Roar series. I mean the whole tournament story didn't have anything, but random cut scenes. There was no prize money or explanation why the zoanthropes were being dissected or what part do the fighting characters play in it.
  • brianofthewoods - March 1, 2013 10:21 p.m.

A reboot of gears of war where Dom has an eyepatch and Marcus Fenix has the power to turn into a pheonix and the locust grow wings. These all could have made the game better
  • GAYMER - March 1, 2013 9:57 p.m.

They need to reboot the Road Rash series right now, dang it!
  • DaveGoose - March 1, 2013 9:53 p.m.

I'm not sure this counts but I would love to see a re-boot of the Final Fantasy franchise. I liked XIII but it has gotten to far away from what made the series great. Remember when IX came out with a return to swords and sorcery with 4 character party. Something like that would be cool. Just a more traditional experience. Other then that I agree Crash Bandicoot should return.
  • wadesmit - March 1, 2013 9:25 p.m.

Missed the golden opportunity of calling this episode "Tomb Radar"
  • Moondoggie1157 - March 1, 2013 8:15 p.m.

Mirrors Edge.... It remains one of my favourite games to date, but I feel that there was so much untapped potential. I want to see longer levels, maybe some more opportunity for exploration, more detailed environments, more enemies (but less fighting), and I want it all to run full HD at 60 fps. Just imagine, running through crowds of people, hopping over busy downtown intersections at night, maybe even an online mode where one team plays cops, the other are runners.... Kinda like a really hectic, fast paced game of tag. What about a wave based survival round where you have to make it across a level while being pursued by stronger and stronger enemies? Hell, why not set the game even further into the future and add some anti-gravity technology a la Lightening from FF13? I'd love to do a dive off a 100 story building only to cushion my fall at the last second. C'mon, make it happen. There's a reason I get payed the big bucks...