• EAC73 - February 10, 2013 9:12 a.m.

would be a stretch but both xbox and playstation allowing keyboard and mouse support, that would be nice for a multi-platform gamer like me, but this would allow other genres feel better on console like MOBAs and RTS's
  • shawksta - February 10, 2013 1:25 a.m.

To Craft or to Anti-Craft. "Pachidermiphobia" HAH. Real Talk, the Sims movie would really be interesting if its done right. The feature of changing the graphics, THINK ABOUT IT, dont like a game's looks? Simply change it to your liking! Too brown? Add color! Too bright? Add some serious! Too generic? ADD YARN!
  • robotfowl - February 9, 2013 5:51 p.m.

What I want is actually something that could have been done this gen given one or two simple (but crucial) changes. Changes which have been rumored to be possibly in the works for next gen. I'm talking about having a soft (non-disc) version of any game you buy so that you may load it, maybe install it, and play forever after without having to bother with the physical disc anymore. If installing helps ONLY with load times, then I don't care much.
  • ZuzuPachulia - February 9, 2013 10:28 p.m.

The reason you still have to have the physical disk even after installing a game is because you could just pass one game around and have all your friends install and play it as well. So that's probably not gonna happen, but there could be some variant of it.
  • TheDCSniper - February 9, 2013 2:32 p.m.

.MKV support for my HD warez
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 10, 2013 3:06 p.m.

+1 for the first mention of warez I've seen in seven years.
  • Unoriginal - February 9, 2013 3:48 a.m.

Seeing as how most games look to be locked to your console they have to give you access to a digital copy of every game you purchase. That way, should you scratch or lose the game disc, you would always own it. In aditions to account tied digital games beeing free with a physical purchase there should also bo 100% cloud support. I still do a lot of local game nights with friends where everyne brings their multiplayer games to one house and we play all night. With the new rumored used-game-lockout we would have to lob a bunch of concoles to one house. With cloud support we could simply log into defferent accounts and start playing the games that way.
  • Unoriginal - February 9, 2013 3:50 a.m.

Dat spelling!
  • StrayGator - February 9, 2013 midnight

My feature: Customizable detail. Give us access to the control panel, so we can choose to raise detail levels at the expense of resolution and vise versa, or enjoy perfect framerates with last-gen visuals, or enjoy the prettiest slideshow imaginable. Choice = Empowerment = ??? = Profit! Also, Cross-compatibility. With the two "HxC" consoles so similar to each other (and to PCs), It's entirely possible for one disc to run on few platforms. Obviously industry politics won't allow that to happen, but one can dream. Oh, and a lighter socket. To charge phones and stuff.
  • Goldeneye007 - February 8, 2013 9:21 p.m.

In an ideal world, my next gen console would simply be a holodeck.
  • Tranquilbez34 - February 8, 2013 9:19 p.m.

Not Blocking Used Games, Region free Consoles and games, hdmi cable included in the console box, 1080p resolution or higher and a longer console lifespan.
  • antiAntag0nist - February 8, 2013 6:19 p.m.

I hope that full backwards compatibility makes it into the next-gen consoles. I know there is always the argument that the older systems will always be around to play the older games on, but it would be nice nonetheless.
  • antiAntag0nist - February 8, 2013 6:20 p.m.

Forgot to mention that I do like the new background music. Reminds me of the old TalkRadar days, which had great music most of the time.
  • supergiraffe - February 8, 2013 5:33 p.m.

I'm hoping that a shift to digital will allow for a greater number of foreign games to break into the market. Depending on how language restrictive the manufactures are then we can get some stuff that could have never afford translators. Or some games that don't really need text. Whatever allows new perspectives and people to break into the industry.
  • wadesmit - February 8, 2013 5:19 p.m.

Just a few minutes in, and so far, the background music is nice. The mix doesn't overpower the voices and all in all makes it much more interesting to listen to. Not sure how much it takes to edit it in, but it's be nice if this keeps going!
  • RebornKusabi - February 8, 2013 5:15 p.m.

My next gen feature would be for them to not have any used-games DRM like they plan to and I want the music to stay based on what I have heard so far.
  • DualShockGaming - February 8, 2013 4:03 p.m.

Simple choice for me, I'd like to see a sort of video capturing software, allowing us to upload gameplay videos to youtube/facebook/etc without the use of value added peripherals. It would be like when the mobile phone came out with a camera for the first time! god that makes me feel old!