Topics

Atlus Persona

• rainn'sgaydar - May 29, 2013 6:40 p.m.

This comment will probably not be seen, but guys, P4G spoilercast. Go!
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 29, 2013 8:48 p.m.

WE MUST DO THIS. Just for you.
  • rainn'sgaydar - May 30, 2013 3 a.m.

Well you can let the other people listen to it, too, but definitely do one haha
  • Cyberninja - May 29, 2013 5:33 p.m.

Wow for people, who have played the game you guys really don't know Persona. Also Henry the midnight channel is not tartarus, one is a world in the tv the other is a massive tower, don't know how they are the same thing.
  • rainn'sgaydar - May 29, 2013 6:43 p.m.

I've seen you comment that you are a fan of this type of fighter. I'm interested in P4A, but not sure how accessible it is to someone who's never been good at fighters. Can you weigh in?
  • JMarsella09 - May 29, 2013 6:46 p.m.

I realize you asked for his response but mind if I weigh in? I am terrible at all fighting games, from Street Fighter to Skullgirls to Marvel, yet for some reason I am fairly good at Arena. The auto combo system is great for beginners. The cast is varied enough that you are bound to find a style you like. And it's just an amazingly well made game.
  • Cyberninja - May 29, 2013 7:20 p.m.

As JMarsella said, the autocombo is great for beginners, literally if keep hitting the weak attack button it gives you a combo that ends in a super move if you have enough meter, so thats already a plus. My thoughts are this is a great game for people who normally aren't interested in fighters.The game is as deep as you want it to be, so you could learn it in 10 mins and become decent with any character. I have a friend who hates fighting games, but he even enjoyed it because it was easier to get into then something like say blazblue. Personally I would say its well worth the money, and if you played the other persona games you will have a deeper appreciation for it and it should be an instant buy. this is the only game that actually makes me tear up because of the sad past of one of the characters and these scenes have relation to a part of Persona 3 but I won't spoil it.
  • rainn'sgaydar - May 29, 2013 8:33 p.m.

Thanks to both. I'll probably wait for sale, but pick this up. I haven't played P3 though. Just bought P3P on Vita. Should I play it first or does it matter for story's sake in P4A? And is the story mode any good in P4A?
  • Cyberninja - May 29, 2013 9:08 p.m.

Play Persona 3 first its really important to understand what happened in it for Arena to make perfect sense even more then Persona 4 and the story is excellent in Arena even if it can be repetitive Labyrs' story makes the whole thing worth it because like I said it makes me sad which is rare.
  • rainn'sgaydar - May 30, 2013 3:04 a.m.

I definitely want to play both now. Hopefully I can find time. I just got my P4G plat yesterday so now I'll let Tomb Raider sink its luscious teeth in me.
  • JMarsella09 - May 30, 2013 4:20 a.m.

I think its a pretty good story mode. Arena does a good job of telling you everything you need to know. If you don't care about minor spoilers then it shouldn't matter too much.
  • g1rldraco7 - May 29, 2013 5:18 p.m.

Scandalous
  • antiAntag0nist - May 29, 2013 5:09 p.m.

Hearing these guys talking about Persona 4 Golden reminds me of the TDar days when Pokémon Black/White came out. The TalkRadar crew loved it and I took their praise and enthusiasm for the series to heart, and I bought a DS Lite with Pokémon Black sometime later. Now, I really want to play Persona 4, but the price of the Vita has proven to be a pretty big barrier.
  • Cyberninja - May 29, 2013 5:30 p.m.

if you have a ps2 just play the original, you only miss a few changes that are nice but aren't mandatory and then the new dungeon that is is the worst in the game.