• Dondada - September 11, 2009 11:01 p.m.

I remember hating Sega with every fiber of my being. Partly due to Nintendo's famous brainwashing. Funny thing is I later hated Nintendo.
  • dweller - September 11, 2009 9:01 p.m.

Turning it on.
  • sbghost64 - September 11, 2009 6:33 p.m.

wow i feel wierd for posting three in a row (four now i guess) but i just have so many sega memories
  • sbghost64 - September 11, 2009 6:24 p.m.

The first gaming system i ever got was a sega pico (it was an video game system made for younger children) the games were these interactive books u plug in and flip the pages to change screens it had a touch pad and stylus that translated to a cursor on the screen. Me and my brother loved that thing to death. the best game was sonic the hedgehog gameworld. i played that forever as a young kid. the most memorable moment was when my twin brother and i broke our Pico by stuffing the cartridge slot full of pennies and quarters. we were just like "hmm... i wonder what will happen if we do this" and it broke. we were so sad. i'm not sure how long it took, but our parents eventually bought us a new one, but we were almost at the age where the games were too childish. i still playd sonic the hedgehog gameworld anyway though
  • thomashalpenny - September 11, 2009 3:43 p.m.

when the ps2 kicked its ass muahahahahahahahaha
  • erreip199 - September 11, 2009 3:32 p.m.

first game ive ever owned was Sonic 2... that hedgehog pretty much introduced me to gaming... but something hapened to him and sold himself like a whore to the masses... maybe until 2010
  • GamerTagsSuck - September 11, 2009 10:54 a.m.

First level of a sonic game ever. I couldn't beat it cause I was stupid but it was fun forever. FOREVER.
  • Skooch - September 11, 2009 7:56 a.m.

The first time I played a Sonic game on my cousin's old Mega Drive. I went so fast I didn't care if I sucked.
  • phoenix_wings - September 11, 2009 3:59 a.m.

Only friends and relatives owned any Sega console, my parents didn't really...like Sega, I guess. I went into a Value Village (second-hand shop in Canada) and went to the front counter, just looking around. And there, I saw something that made me want to dish out the $15.00 for something I'd never use. It was a copy of Resident Evil on the Sega Saturn. That face...looking back at me, it just blew my mind. Why would anyone donate that to Value Village? I may never know, but when I returned, it was gone, and all now I have is the thought of was what might have been...
  • theturbolemming - September 11, 2009 2:03 a.m.

I will never, ever, ever forget the hours and hours I sunk into Gauntlet Legends on the Dreamcast with my friend over the summers of third and fourth grade. Of course, in retrospect it's a pretty mediocre game, but when you're in third grade it is completely bad-ass to have your green archer pull out a MASSIVE bow and shoot dozens of arrows all at the same time. Ah, how many times I heard "Green Archer is about to die!" I'll never forget you, Gauntlet.
  • FinalGamer - September 11, 2009 2:03 a.m.

When I finished Shenmue. On Christmas Day in-game, perfect little final battle against the snowy backdrop. It really choked me up.
  • Cyberninja - September 11, 2009 1:38 a.m.

my fondest memeory was after a trip to va my cousin died of cancer and i was really sad. then my dreamcast was there to cheer me up.
  • PlatypusFan - September 11, 2009 12:17 a.m.

i have good memories of the the adventures of sonic raider kombat game for the PS5Genisis
  • Ninja-KiLLR - September 11, 2009 12:07 a.m.

oh my genisis which was actualy my brothers. i had a fishing game on it that i adored. my favorite memory was playing a timed fishing tournment and caught the biggest cat fish ever!!! but to realized i arrived at the dock 1 min to late and lost he tourny. i was PISSED!!! also that game where you play as the 7-up spot thing was really really fun. but keep in mind i was like 9 or 10 then idk.
  • Usgo - September 10, 2009 11:58 p.m.

playing jet set radio future with the volume at 90 billion decibals. good times.
  • russman - September 10, 2009 11:57 p.m.

I have always been thankful for Sega having Alex Kidd game built into the Master System II. So many fond Alex Kidd memories sprung from that.
  • A2guy - September 10, 2009 11:46 p.m.

All I really remember is the first 2 levels of sonic 2, and the 1st level of sonic one. but I loved it when. good animation, going really fast, man it was awesome. I also remember some puzzle game that looked like bejeweled. never actualy knew what it was though. (BTW, I honestly like sonic adventure 1 and 2. I didn't care about the bad voice acting, or dumb characters at all. I still got to go fast and play as eggman.) me and my friend still play to this day.