• Schmegeggi - September 17, 2009 8:18 p.m.

The first game I remember buying for myself was DOOM!!! So many years lost, curse you John Carmack!
  • FrozenImplosion - September 17, 2009 8:17 p.m.

I can't remember what the first game I bought on my own was, but I bought my 360 all by myself after trading in games I had beaten from christmahanakwanzika, I felt very accomplished since the darn thing was so expensive. I remember getting Dead Rising right away, I still have yet to beat it, but I always have so much fun just randomly hitting zombies with benches, tvs, and other things.
  • Schnipke - September 17, 2009 8:15 p.m.

The first game I bought with my own money I got from good grades was Kingdom Hearts 2.
  • Gahmah - September 17, 2009 8:05 p.m.

first game I bought with job money was saddest of all, damnation on steam, first game bought with saved up money over years was a pc, graphics card & crysis.
  • noobeater - September 17, 2009 7:44 p.m.

Star Wars Podracer for n64 before that i had all the nes, snes, sega mega drive etc, and even acouple of games for n64 but that was first time i was old enough to buy a game and not need my dad playing it with me...i still remember my first gaming experience wth my dad all those years ago. thx for reminding me... those were the days. now i waste ,my money buying games and often trading them in at rip off prices.
  • chrisda - September 17, 2009 7:29 p.m.

The first game i ever bought on my own is still to be bought...
  • Terro - September 17, 2009 7:27 p.m.

Chicken Run on the Playstation. I had money spare from my paper round. I was 9 at the time I think and I remember saying "Wow! The Chicken Run movie is meant to be great! This is going to be better!". WRONG. On so many levels. It was essentially MGS with chickens. And no plot. And replace the cardboard box with a leather boot.
  • conchking - September 17, 2009 7:19 p.m.

The first game I bought on my own was super mario world on the gameboy advance when I saw some kid selling it in the school cafeteria.
  • Typo - September 17, 2009 7:17 p.m.

Toy Story 2 for the Playstation. Just like every other 7 year old at the time, anything with Disney printed on it in shiny, big letters, was immediately cool. I had spare pocket money given from my Aunt so I thought "Why not buy the game of my favourite film?". I enjoyed it so much, I remember striving to collect every single token to reach the final levels to rescue Woody. I hate it so much now.
  • AA95mp - September 17, 2009 7 p.m.

not first