• EmmaXII - June 25, 2009 3:16 p.m.

I don't like adjustable cameras like in resi 1-3 and God of War etc, they confuse me , and when the is confusion there is epic fails :(
  • kingofspades94 - June 25, 2009 2:35 p.m.

Collectables that do pretty much nothing. You can finish the story, but NOOOO, you have to find all this stuff to get 100% completion. I'm looking, no, GLARING at you, Travelers Tales.
  • CoryRX8 - June 25, 2009 1:33 p.m.

Driving sections in single-player FPS/TPS. If Half-Life 2 can't even get it right, then maybe it's time to give it up.
  • Bossco - June 25, 2009 1:26 p.m.

Escort missions. I wish escort missions would fuck off! I fucking hate escort missions! And driving bits in first person shooters. If I wanted to drive about in a car I'd play Gran Tourismo.
  • jaffa_5 - June 25, 2009 12:22 p.m.

Crap team mates you know the ones im talking about. the ones the are more like ashley for resident evil 4 that constantly need saving every two minutes. and instant death water if theres going to be water in a game u should be able to swim in it
  • Ultar - June 25, 2009 11:53 a.m.

Most likely quicktime events, I actually never finished X-men: origins because my fingers didn't move fast enough for a button mashing sequence to kill a giant robot.I think that at next E3 we should makesome gamer-developer rules that say you can't do these EXTREMELY EFFING ANNOYING THINGS TO US*turns off caps lock*So yeah, I hate quicktime events.
  • rxb - June 25, 2009 11:44 a.m.

I hate games that dont let you change the controls. Let me play the game how I want.
  • Nuke5 - June 25, 2009 5:06 a.m.

Open World games, like Mercenaries 2 and Assassin's Creed, starting off with your character at full strength, and then taking away all of your powers. I understand that it makes you want to advance, but I feel that it's just a cheap way to keep you hooked.
  • NanoElite666 - June 25, 2009 3:37 a.m.

I don't like limited weapon-carrying ability, especially when you get fun weapons to play with all throughout a game. I just recently finished a second playthrough of Resistance 2, and as much as I love Insomniac, I still can't fathom why they dropped your weapon-carrying capacity from the "everything you can get your hands on" of the first "Resistance" game to a boring 2 in the second. It's annoying trying to decide which of your guns you should drop to pick up another one that may or may not be potentially useful in an upcoming situation. Why not just let me carry around all of them, be a walking Swiss Army knife of death? Who cares if it isn't realistic? I don't play games because I want something realistic. I play games to have fun. And the more guns you let me carry around, the more fun I can have blowing crap up. Hell, my character in Fallout 3 carries enough weaponry on him that he could arm a small squad of soldiers if he so desired.
  • Schmegeggi - June 25, 2009 3:29 a.m.

I am sick of these motherfraking checkpoint save systems on all these motherfraking games!!!!
  • Doctalen - June 25, 2009 3:27 a.m.

The damsel in distress. Every time I hear about Peach from Mario I always think of the South Park quote "Butters, do you know what the f*** this is? This is the mace they use on bears Butters." At least I think Cartmen was talking to Butters.
  • mentalityljs - June 25, 2009 3:18 a.m.

1)Collectibles: Why? Because when you only have so many slots to collect shit, the moment you decide to drop an item you come across a that dreaded load point, where if you were to go back, the item would disappear. Then shortly after, you either need the item to progress, OR you come across some douche who would have given you 5 billion dollars for the goddamn thing!!! 2) Unskipable cut-scenes: Why? Jesus, I could have an aneurysm just thinking about it. Why the HELL do I want to watch something that I've already seen that lasts well over a minute over, and over, and over again? Simply, I DON'T! It's torture, and that's all there is to it. Just a sick game for devs to sit back and laugh at! 3) "Cool camera angles": Why? Let's see, where to begin...OH YEAH! The fact that whilst fighting a horde of enemies, the camera so conveniently decides to change angles, making pulling off moves, combo's etc. a pain in the f-ing ass! I'm done, any more and I'll have a stroke...
  • Samael - June 25, 2009 2:39 a.m.

Any kind of time constraint, specifically of the Dead Rising kind. I mean you put me in a mall filled to the brim with zombies and various weapons, then decide to put a cap on the fun by giving me a limited amount of time!? It's utterly mind-boggling and I hear it's gonna be in the sequel! Goddamn you Capcom...you better at least improve the survivor A.I. or it'll be a rental at best for me.
  • FrozenImplosion - June 25, 2009 2:18 a.m.

Ok theres a couple of things for me, 1.) Hard mode being locked. I understand that it is not always a good idea to start on hard mode because you may find later in the game that you get stuck completely, but I payed for a game, and I want to be able to play it however I want to! A good example is Gears of War, Insane mode is locked, and it is almost exactly like Hardcore. So really theres no point in having it locked. 2.) Incorporating "hard" mode into achivements, ESPECIALLY when hard mode is locked! If its locked its basically the developer screaming at you to play the game twice. IT IS NOT THAT AMAZING TO BE ABLE TO BEAT A GAME TWICE. It is not worth an achievement, now if you START on hard mode [if it's actually unlocked] then its an achievement because you learn as you go and have to overcome a steep learning curve. 3.) Collectibles. [PROTOTYPE] is a great game, it would be much more fun if you weren't hassled with random blue and purple spheres to get the achievements. PS. If you didn't guess I'm kinda an achievement whore.
  • MechGyver - June 25, 2009 2:01 a.m.

Maybe having sexy women with big boobs as companions/npcs (every japanese game) or main characters (Ms.Lara Croft,etc)! L0L disclaimer(this is not a complaint,im a supporter of sexy,big breasted women on video games)
  • GoldenMe - June 25, 2009 1:42 a.m.

For me, it's general gimmicks that are inserted into a game to make it last longer/make it funner. Example: Were-frakkin-hog in Sonic Unleashed. Swords and knights in Sonic and the Black Knight. Vehicles and guns in goddamned Shadow the Hedgehog. Sonic games. Sonic games. Sonic games. Year after year. Makes me want to shove a pickaxe down the throat of Sonic Team for ruining the franchise they're named after!
  • StrayGator - June 25, 2009 1:23 a.m.

Collectibles. Lumz, Side-quests, Light Seeds. anything that has "...% complete" attached to it, really. At some point it's less entertainment than sheer torture, and too many times have I found myself way beyond that line.
  • somerandomchap - June 25, 2009 1:23 a.m.

Out of context game features, e.g. WHY WAS THERE BIKE STAGES IN MADWORLD!!!
  • Zeos - June 25, 2009 1:19 a.m.

First off quick time events of course, I'd much rather do that cool looking crap myself. Not just hitting a button or moving the joystick a certain way to pull off crazy moves you otherwise can never do. Underwater levels have always been annoying for me ever since the first Mario. Game villians having these huge super lairs full of traps and crap, I mean how do the bad guys even get through them without dying themselves? Stupid puzzles (looking at you RE series) to open doors and stuff which can also go with your game characters not being able to oh I don't know, kick a door down or something? Maybe jump over that little hunk of debris that otherwise is blocking you like your some kind of retard. Guess I could have put this with the water levels, but having water be an instant-death trap in games. I mean seriously why cant these heroes learn to swim? Its not THAT hard now.
  • jpalz - June 25, 2009 1:05 a.m.

Escorting missions. I play games to have fun, NOT TO BE A FUCKING NANNY of some stupid NPC whose only instinct is to run straight to the line of fire to get killed. Yeah, Goldeneye, I'm looking at you :P