• Z-man427 - July 1, 2009 7:50 p.m.

Star Fox. I play Star Fox 64 to death and had it to the point where i could have probably played it in my sleep. Then Adventures came out and I didn't bother with it. it was Zelda with furries. but then Assault came out and I loved it. This console generation is begging for one. Online Co-Op/Multiplayer? This franchise desperately needs it. HD Graphics? oh yeah. On foot missions? NO! No more! Fox belongs in the cockpit. This franchise could probably birth a pretty decent RTS; and a good RTS on the Wii would be a pretty big deal. They need to keep the cheesy dialog though.
  • G0523 - July 1, 2009 7:46 p.m.

Rareware. They're just not the same anymore ever since they were bought by Microsoft. Although they were behind a lot last generation. They only released like 3 console games (Starfox Adventures, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, and a remake of Conker) and a bunch of forgotten GBA games, and then had to move on to the Xbox 360. Ever since the 360 launched, they haven't really done that much and what they have put out is really rather boring.
  • secretsearcher - July 1, 2009 7:46 p.m.

Sigh...the Sly Cooper series. Because honestly, I'm a Sly Cooper nut. I really am. I'm not afraid to admit it. I've played those games so many times I'm almost to the point where I know all the words in the friggin dialogue. I was SO SAD when I beat the third one and found out that there was almost zero chance of there EVER being a Sly Cooper game again. I'm still upset about it. I don't think there will ever be another game that has that series' unique charm. The Sly Cooper series is one of the best there is, in my opinion, and I am extremely sad that Sucker Punch let it die...
  • Platypus96 - July 1, 2009 7:38 p.m.

Ummmm.... Pong?
  • kingpin202 - July 1, 2009 7:33 p.m.

I could give you a couple. I miss Acclaim, had like 10 of there games. I miss 3DO, those Armymen games were so much fun. We would always do multiplayer and love it! I miss a bunch out of Westwood studios. Ever since they had to be merged into EA, the Command and Conquer series just hasn't been the same for me... As far as franchises....We need more fighters like ClayFighter, that game was so much fun, so was Killer Instinct and Primal Rage. Great fighting games back in the day. And what about Lemmings?.. That game was a ton of fun. And Earthworm Jim? the Craziest Character ever... I miss those franchises. And I'll just throw this out there, but I played a game call Metal Warriors by Lucus Arts, and that was one of my favorites for the SNES. I would love it if they remade that. =D
  • mertor3190 - July 1, 2009 7:29 p.m.

Dino Crisis of course. That last one for the Xbox just murdered it but the first two were the best dino vs human games I've ever played.
  • oryandymackie - July 1, 2009 7:20 p.m.

Resident Evil...
  • RageGreen - July 1, 2009 7:16 p.m.

I loved Gta 4, Absoloute classic but what happened to San Andreas? What happened to gaining muscle, robbing houses and Flying planes, i mean i went from flying planes, to buying hot dogs. I still loved gta 4 but come on, I want to fly a plane again I'll never get the chance in real life :(
  • hot_heart - July 1, 2009 7 p.m.

Carmageddon all the way. Such classic games. Certainly in need of a current gen update or remake; there's just nothing else quite like them.
  • BodyDamage - July 1, 2009 6:58 p.m.

As far as dead franchises go, i really would kill to get another Zone of the Enders and a new Musashi title. Twisted Metal too but i hear that's in the works. I would love to get Working Designs back and a true, proper Squaresoft. Square and Enix were so much better when they were separate. As good as FF13 looks like its going to be i miss Sakaguchi and the original Final Fantasy team.
  • thomashalpenny - July 1, 2009 6:55 p.m.

@jballboy88 aint that the truth
  • Lavos - July 1, 2009 6:54 p.m.

DUKE NUKEM!!! no waiting "forever"
  • GoldenMe - July 1, 2009 6:52 p.m.

Fresh Games had a great selection of games they made, the most memorable being Mr. Mosquito and my favorite Legaia 2. The Legaia franchise had one of the best battle system. It's too bad that they were mostly buried under every other company.
  • jballboy88 - July 1, 2009 6:50 p.m.

I MISS THE OLD CRASH BANDICOOT!!!!! One of gaming's most original, revolutionary, and just plain funnest (most fun, for u grammerfreaks) series of games. The first 3 games, (Crash Bandicoot, CB 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and CB: Warped) were the best platformers. ever. no two levels are alike, each game brings dozens of new features to the table, and combines both 3d and 2d platforming (as well as the world's only badass character who likes to explore [Im looking at you sonic.]). then Travellers Tales got the rights to develop the game and ever since then IT SUCKED!!!!! maybe after Uncharted 2 naughty dog will go back to its' roots (fingers crossed)
  • FourMe2PoopOn - July 1, 2009 6:44 p.m.

I know nintendo is still here but they are dead to me. I grew up playing nintendo, my first system was a super nintendo I got when I was four, then I got a 64,then a gameboy color, then I got a gamecube, but when nintendo released the wii everything I loved went away. Some people might argue and say nintendo is still the same, but it will never be like while I was growing up playing James Bond, Doom, Rampage, and all those other good titles. I also hate the new controls.
  • Awesomeitude1523 - July 1, 2009 6:44 p.m.

SLY COOPER SLY COOPER SLY COOPER SLY COOPER SLY COOPER