• troever - August 20, 2009 10:03 p.m.

@didideve umm... the band is "Disturbed" but they played both songs called "Stricken" and "Down with the sickness"
  • bdog91 - August 20, 2009 10:01 p.m.

As with silvereye, mine isn't really a music game, although arguably it involves a ton of rhythm, but The Futurehead's 'Decent Days and Nights' from Burnout 3 (aka God's own racing game) has to be the only song that has truly enhanced racing in Burnout for me. It has enough tempo to keep with the graphics; well ok, mixture of insanely blurry objects pretending to be cars that will f*** you and your car up in an instant. However, it stood out most when a crash sent me rocketing right as the chorus kicked in. In short... Epic
  • silvereye - August 20, 2009 9:44 p.m.

I know it doesnt count as a music game but ver since sonic the hedgehog 2, i will go on youtube and listen to the various tunes and songs from different games, my favourite being belive in myself from sonic adventure!
  • manaconda - August 20, 2009 9:33 p.m.

rhythm games have only made me hate. where i was once undecided on certain bands i can now not tollerate them. lacuna coil, afi, bon jovi, the who. why does rock band unplugged have such a hard on for pinball wizard?
  • marluxia2500 - August 20, 2009 9:24 p.m.

I liked Queens of the Stone Age a bit b4 Gh1 but after that, im obsessed GH:QOTSA plz
  • Spybreak8 - September 6, 2009 7:07 p.m.

I have a wide array of music taste so I knew most of the bands but GH introduced me to MUSE and ERIC JOHNSON. Both are very very good guitarists.
  • AussieLuke - August 25, 2009 4:07 a.m.

Not really a music game but lazy generation from burnout 3 got me hooked on the F-Ups
  • darkshadow0308 - August 24, 2009 9:06 p.m.

korn hands down now because freak on a leash is so dang kool
  • grizzly311 - August 24, 2009 2:28 p.m.

I must say I had a Freezepop addiction after Guitar Hero II. Catchy as hell and really fun to play. Same with Sprode.
  • alko - August 24, 2009 7:06 a.m.

NONE at all!!! I dont play music games.
  • elchetos - August 24, 2009 12:09 a.m.

Not a band, but a whole genre. I used to hate metal music, mostly because it was mostly what my dad listened to, and that fact alone made me dislike it. After going through Cowboys from hell and bark at the moon with the first GH, then through Hangar 18 on GH2, I realized the error of my ways... I was a closet headbanger
  • joebob286 - August 23, 2009 7:51 p.m.

I would have to say Killswitch Engage after playing GH3. There's also Daft Punk after playing one of the many many DDR games.
  • spliffsucker93 - August 22, 2009 11:53 p.m.

oh yeah! music games made me hate each band a little more: poison, garbage, lush, the fucking go-gos, motley crue
  • Felixthecat - August 22, 2009 8:27 p.m.

Thanks for featuring me guys. Anyway, music games have only reinforced my love of bands like Iron Maiden, Mettalica and Guns n Roses. I now like Rage against the machine slightly now, but only slightly. Also, why have'nt they actually made Guitar Hero: Iron Maiden? I would of thought it would of been a main choice for the Guitar Hero crew to develop (better than Guitar Hero: Van Helsing).
  • GamerTagsSuck - August 22, 2009 4:06 p.m.

And ACGUT, congrats for making yourself look like a duech by saying you hate guitar hero and then talking about how you play donkey konga.
  • GrandMoffBubbles - August 22, 2009 8:24 a.m.

I used to hate Molly Hatchet and Lynard Skynard, but since playing their songs on RB/GH I have a much keener appreciation for their awesomeness. Of the songs I bought on iTunes specifically because I heard them on RB/GH, these are the ones that really stand out for me: Pyschobilly Freakout by the Reverend Horton Heat, Cavemen Rejoice by the Bags and Blood Doll by Anarchy Club.
  • JoshyD - August 22, 2009 3:49 a.m.

My Chemical Romance is definitely the band music games got me into. When I played Dead! I sat down and thought, "That song kicked @$$!" and ever since I've been listening to them. Hell, I'm listening to them right now!
  • scbyfn4evr - August 21, 2009 6:07 p.m.

The only music game I've played regularly is GH, and I play it because I like the bands they have on the games, so I don't really count in that category, but Adam and the Ants' song "Stand and Deliver" in Burnout Paradise made me a huge fan of the band, if that counts. In other words, I don't qualify to answer this question, but wanna answer it anyway.
  • cronoman66 - August 21, 2009 6:03 p.m.

Tony Hawk 2 influenced my music preference tenfold got me into the punk scene with Bad Religion, Goldfinger etc. More recently Burnout Paradice has reinvigorated my love for 90's grunge/alt through pretty much two songs Soundgarden's Rusty Cage, and Faith No More's Epic. Which I had heard before but hadnt listened to in years. A driving a 200mph down an empty street with Rusty Cage blasting out the speakers is totally awesome
  • Tobio - August 21, 2009 5:28 p.m.

Ozzy Osbourne from GH:WT heard of him but began to love his music as I played the intro of Mr. Crowley. Also the crazy song of System of a Down got me into them (was it B.Y.O.B?)