• alecbeals - April 7, 2014 7:49 p.m.

Chose Warcraft 3 custom games (5 years after release) over a sexy time with my ladyfriend in highschool Faked being sick for half a week to play Sim City 4..years after it was released because I re installed it and was just having TOO MUCH fun with it to stop. Just about every subject dropped a letter grade during the initial week of Spore release Wouldn't talk to my friend for 2 whole weeks while I beat Starcraft 2 because I didn't want to hear him talking over the soundtrack/cutscenes and didn't want to ruin the immersion by talking to him over battle.net "Cat puke a foot away from me? It's not going anywhere I've got Mass Effect 3 to play"- then proceded to step in it later that night and just rubbed my foot on the carpet till it frictioned off into non existance..and still didnt clean it up till the next morning. Just want to reiterate just about any social setting or event was superseded by Warcraft 3 custom games..again Shatmyself (on accident I thought it was just a really heavy fart!) while in a LAN supreme commander match, luckily we had been palying already for 2 hours straight so my friend didn't think it was weird I chose to stand the rest of the match before waddling up to his bathroom to...remove my shame.. WAS TOLD VIA PHONE THAT A STEP-FAMILY MEMBER OF MINES FAMILY MEMBER WAS HAVING A STROKE AND DIDN'T CALL THE RELEVANT FAMILY MEMBER FOR 45 MINUTES BECAUSE GODDAMIT I NEEDED TO HIT LEVEL 10 BEFORE GOING TO THE POST-SEARING PART OF GUILD WARS. YES I'M AWARE I AM A MONSTER BUT THOSE WERE DARK DAYS AND I AM BETTER NOW
  • winner2 - April 8, 2014 6:16 p.m.

Jesus christ
  • homestar99 - April 7, 2014 6:59 p.m.

I'm 13 and my school has a newspaper. Most of my English reports are on games. When writing a story for English it's usually inspired by a game and uses several famous (and not so famous) quotes from games. I write a column for my school newspaper about games. When the school did a survey of what kids who read the paper read in it a whopping 52% stated to have read my column. I think it's pretty clear what point I'm trying to make.
  • g1rldraco7 - April 7, 2014 6:22 p.m.

Playing a handheld game during class when a movie was going on. Anyone ever done that because I did during high school.
  • Vonter - April 7, 2014 6:18 p.m.

Slide 6 make me ROFL, I'm more or less considering changing my art class session to another day just to watch the Smash Direct live, also having the excuse that I'm sick right now. I both lose track of time and finishes a multiplayer session of Mario Kart at 4:00am, dat battle mode its still very fun engaging. Another funny story for real is that when I bought the gamecube with Luigi's Mansion I finished it in 3 days and when confronted with a friend about not enjoying the games and just finishing the game very fast I deleted my file to prove him wrong.
  • Vonter - April 7, 2014 6:21 p.m.

I also one time borrowed Zelda Majora's Mask game from a friend and 100% it. And before I gave it back I deleted the file, I do wonder if that could have been seen as dick move to make.
  • Shigeruken - April 7, 2014 6:12 p.m.

I study Japanese and Software Development at University, my reasons are fairly obvious
  • n00b - April 7, 2014 8:43 p.m.

Hey I major in software development for the same reasons.
  • shawksta - April 7, 2014 5:49 p.m.

"When i had to go, i didnt go" Oh come now, we all overstayed bathroom uses for our handhelds :P
  • Trollkitten - April 8, 2014 4:49 p.m.

Some of us actually carry our handhelds INTO the bathroom and just keep playing. Two rules here: one, put the handheld on the counter before wiping and don't pick it back up until you've washed; and two, never, EVER play 360-degree AR games while on the loo. Pokemon Dream Radar nearly broke my back once. (Jerk Thundrus.)
  • shawksta - April 8, 2014 8:21 p.m.

YES :D
  • Trollkitten - April 9, 2014 5:42 a.m.

Glad I could help. Just remember those two rules, ESPECIALLY if you share your handheld with others!
  • Tranquilbez34 - April 7, 2014 5:10 p.m.

I spent the entire Christmas Day playing Guitar Hero World Tour, even missing out on christmas lunch because of it.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - April 7, 2014 5:07 p.m.

Haha I love these confessions, they almost make me laugh enough to forget about the shame of my own gaming problem incidents!
  • rainn'sgaydar - April 7, 2014 4:30 p.m.

I blew off my chemistry senior seminar grant proposal essay for the ending of Assasssin's Creed II. One of those "I'll just play for a bit" situations that ended at 3 AM and Minerva scaring the living life out of me when she turns and faces the camera to deliver her message. I also one time almost blew off my wife's trip to the ER when she was attacked by a patient at work at 1 AM (she's a nurse, so she was already at the hospital). Thankfully, I wasn't that dumb.
  • rainn'sgaydar - April 7, 2014 4:31 p.m.

That second one was to play Shadow of the Colossus HD. My first time playing the game.
  • universaltofu - April 7, 2014 3:55 p.m.

I would always hold it for as long as I could growing up.
  • winner2 - April 7, 2014 2:39 p.m.

I think some of us can see very clearly who some of these confessions belong to lol
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - April 7, 2014 2:51 p.m.

WHAT?! THEY ARE ANONYMOUS
  • winner2 - April 7, 2014 2:53 p.m.

Oh Ryan, we know you better than you know yourself...*creepy music*