• Embolado - March 17, 2010 12:43 a.m.

20 hours in on 3rd disk and have yet to see or hear any signs of this. recap: turksih belgrade
  • gregjones - March 17, 2010 12:25 a.m.

After freezing 3 times my 360 is officially dead. My discs are in perfect condition and my 360 didnt start acting up til I got the game. It sucks :(
  • absolutemarc - March 17, 2010 12:22 a.m.

sounds like a case of booing at an xbox 360 launch party...
  • Valntyne - March 17, 2010 12:12 a.m.

I feel like I'm jinxing it...but I've sunken 40+ hours, so far no freeze(360). But now that I have said it most likely my 360 RROD's....
  • GoldenMe - March 16, 2010 11:19 p.m.

ADVER-BOT! Oh wait, just a guy advertising. Still a no-no. Report! Back to topic: I don't have the game, but now I'm scared to go pick it up now! Why can't we have nice things?
  • matthewgreen - March 16, 2010 11:10 p.m.

I am currently working on a gaming website. I am in need of a web designer and content writers. I will offer paid positions once it becomes profitable, and I will of course give full credit to all contributions. This is perfect experience for portfolio work, getting to meet people and attending conventions. If you are interested in working from the ground up and becoming a staff member for a gaming community please contact me for more info email:ozymandias6@gmail.com
  • gmclinn - March 16, 2010 10:53 p.m.

Absolutely having problems with this game. Got to the cinematic in between chapter 4 and 5, and all I got was a never ending now loading screen. VERY frustrating, as both Sony and Square Enix refuse to acknowledge the problem, AND the rep I talked to at SE was extremely condescending, implying that I had scratched the disc myself, or that it I have taken poor care of my playstation 3, neither of which are true. VERY IRRITATED.
  • Slaanash - March 16, 2010 10:48 p.m.

I had the issue twice, and I was playing on the 360 version. Both times on Disc 2, after fighting a random enemy.
  • Cadavra41 - March 16, 2010 10:34 p.m.

I have an original 60gig fat ps3 and have experienced no problems with the game 25 hours in. I have however experienced the same problem with red faction guerrilla crashing my ps3 and making other games cease to work properly. It happened with two systems before I decided that the game was the cause and have not used it since.
  • Clickshark - March 16, 2010 9:39 p.m.

Halo 3 edition 360, no problems so far. 8 hours in.
  • onesweetdream11 - March 16, 2010 9:24 p.m.

refurb PS3 Fat, 20+ hours in, no problems, no signs of problems
  • EnragedTortoise1 - March 16, 2010 9:16 p.m.

Got an 80 gig in '09, bought the game on launch day, no problems whatsoever. Probably just a very vocal minority.
  • Ridgley - March 16, 2010 9:12 p.m.

No problems on my disk. PS3 slim and have played over ten hours in one sitting.
  • DeepIsh - March 16, 2010 8:30 p.m.

I've never had them with my copy. I played it constantly for 8-10 hours or so and I don't think it's universal. I have a 80GB PAL Ps3 (Not launch ver.) I personally think it's got something to do with how you treat your console and your game disc, but idk, it could very well be Square Enix's major laziness.
  • williamyarbrough - March 16, 2010 8:19 p.m.

I have not had any freezing issues with FF13. I did have them with Heavy Rain. It seems likely that it is either a codec problem, which the 360 uses a different codec (BINK) than the PS3 does. I believe the PS3 audio is uncompressed for FF but I am not sure. It could be the audio chip inside the PS3 that is having the trouble too.
  • GamesRadarChrisAntista - March 16, 2010 8:19 p.m.

I haven't had an all out crash on my 360 copy, but I've had more than a few telltale signs that it's about to. Following battles and cinema transitions, I'll get a momentary freeze, or that loud sound of the disc struggling to read... It's truly terrifying each and every time! I don't consider it a sign of "Will FFXIII crash?" but rather "Oh god, WHEN will FFXIII crash?" SAVE OFTEN! Captcha: Tunic Ablaze!