Topics

Poll PS Vita

• BladedFalcon - January 13, 2012 10:22 a.m.

Well. I'm interested in it, so I might get it eventually. but i'm waiting mainly for two things: -First, even though I think the launch price is reasonable, i live in Mexico, it's gonna be almost the double price over here when it launch. So if I ever consider getting it, it would be when i take a trip to the US possibly at the end of November. And even then, it will depend on: -If they get a decent, relatively steady catalog of good games by then. I mean, the launch line-up looks pretty solid, FAR better than the 3DS's at lest. But people thought the same thing about the PSP's (Myself included) And well... the system didn't keep up. So hopefully by November will see if Sony can pump out more games for it and not have a dry patch like the 3DS did. So yeah... it's gonna depend mainly on the games. Because right now, I think the PSV has to very BIG flaws: One: That ridiculously low battery life is just unforgivable on this day and age. I understand it's much more powerful, and thus can't expect it to have the same kind of battery a smart-phone has... But having an average life of 2-4 hours is still too damn laughable. And my other gripe with it is the proprietary memory cards. You just can't expect people to be happy about that when pretty much everyone with a smarthphone or camera already has cards that could be perfectly compatible with your device. It's like releasing a HDMI cable that's exclusive for your product or TV, when every other device can use any kind of HDMI cable.
  • ZenRobot - January 13, 2012 10:50 a.m.

that's just Sony proving once again that they hate consumers
  • BladedFalcon - January 13, 2012 11:16 a.m.

Not really a Sony Problem. Apple loves doing this as well, specially with software. Still, it really was a pretty dumb move from Sony, SPECIALLY with those prices, it's just ridiculous... Specially considering that they could at LEAST allow MS pro duo cards to be compatible (since those are made by them as well...) but NOPE. So yeah, while I wouldn't go as far as to say it's hating on consumers, it's definitely a pigheaded move.
  • infestedandy - January 13, 2012 10:14 a.m.

While I am very interested in Sony's new product I definitely will be waiting to see how it fares. Why? First of all the price, while ostensibly low, isn't. The hardware is $250 but it DOESN'T come with internal storage. You have to buy that $50 memory card and then of course you're going to buy some games. The seemingly awesome entry level price of $250 now is right around $400 (with tax). I can wait.
  • kezins - January 13, 2012 12:50 p.m.

That's $50 for just 16GB. Total ripoff. I figure if you buy the wi-fi system, a memory card, a case for the system, and a couple games, you're right around $500.
  • suicidali - January 13, 2012 10:02 a.m.

I got myself an Xperia Play just so I wouldn't feel the need to get a Vita It looks damn good though, I might get myself one once the price drops or when a slim version inevitably releases
  • BlueScorpion91 - January 13, 2012 10:07 a.m.

See, I don't think there will ever be a "Lite" version. But I do think they'll release one with 4g and internal memory.
  • Squander - January 13, 2012 10 a.m.

I'm too excited for this one!! can't ait to synch it with my psn account and enjoy all my babies on this sexy shiny device! The start-lineup is equally impressive. Hope Sony makes PSOne game running on the Vita very soon
  • Baron164 - January 13, 2012 9:50 a.m.

I do all my mobile gaming on my phone. I don't want full console game experiences in my hand. I want them on the tv with the big sound system.
  • Darkhawk - January 13, 2012 9:50 a.m.

I really HATE Launch-Lovers. It's a sign of the worst in Capitalist excess that there are so many people who buy the fanciest new (and unproven) electronics just because they can. It takes, what, one year before you see the first price drops? Look at the 3DS bomb: early adopters got punished, and the smart consumers sat back laughing.
  • ParagonT - January 13, 2012 10:21 a.m.

I see your point.
  • shawksta - January 13, 2012 10:53 a.m.

Not exactly, it depends on peoples opinions, your making it sound like people who buy anything at launch are braindead zombies. And yeah, we got "Punished" with 20 free games. I regret nothing buying the 3DS early, but its just cause i could, i dont normally buy new Hardware at launch.
  • Bawheidbob - January 13, 2012 9:41 a.m.

I doubt it, i do not feel the need to go on long journeys on trains or planes.
  • illathanyouu - January 13, 2012 9:37 a.m.

i can't wait!
  • ItBurnsWhenIWii - January 13, 2012 9:33 a.m.

Wow I'm suprised by the responses. I'm not sure if the people responding are old jaded asses or young pricks who think it's cool to hate shit. Yo dudes, it's a brand new console with an amazingly diverse launch line-up. I for one can't wait.
  • BlueScorpion91 - January 13, 2012 9:40 a.m.

Me either. and I originally thought that, but everyone's entitled to there opinion.... unfortunately, lol.
  • Darkwun - January 13, 2012 9:53 a.m.

I like the only two possible choices there! LOL!
  • darron13 - January 13, 2012 10:16 a.m.

Agreed I'm already saving up for mine, a new Wipeout game? Don't mind if I do!
  • Grif - January 13, 2012 9:23 a.m.

I would if I could afford one...
  • RandyChimp - January 13, 2012 9:14 a.m.

Yep. Ordered and awaiting lauch. Bring it on :)
  • joemama - January 13, 2012 9:07 a.m.

no because I have 5 3ds's
  • Primed - January 13, 2012 9:20 a.m.

Why do you have 5 3DS's...?