Topics

Pokemon

• ObliqueZombie - January 14, 2013 4:48 p.m.

All great ideas! I always enjoyed the distraction of the pageants, and WHY THE HELL DIDN'T POKEMON FOLLOW YOU IN EVERY GAME PAST SOULSILVER/GOLD?!
  • MCBadong - January 14, 2013 4:42 p.m.

Looks like based on this article, almost all of the best features were present in Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald. Which makes me feel happier that those are the only trio of Pokemon games whose three parts I have finished from start to end. For the subsequent releases, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Black/White, Black 2/White 2, I have only been playing one game of each. The Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald trio was truly magnificent.
  • XD00175 - January 14, 2013 4:38 p.m.

I'd love to see another huge Battle Frontier, like Emerald's. It was just as fun to explore the place as it was to try the challenges. I was pretty disappointed at the tiny Platinum/HG SS Battle Frontier. Hopefully we'll see a return of the Battle Frontier in X and Y
  • ChiChiRocket - January 14, 2013 3:28 p.m.

One word: Pokétch
  • taokaka - January 14, 2013 6:52 p.m.

This.
  • Hobogonigal - January 14, 2013 9:08 p.m.

Agreed. The 3DS needs a coin flipping app.
  • shawksta - January 15, 2013 10:55 a.m.

YES, the poketech and everything in it including new ones and that one Pokemon finder that makes the grass shake, that was neat to keep a streak of a Pokemon and if you managed to get up to 40,which wasn't easy, the chances of a shiny goes up substantially but you had to be very careful and most of the time the game decides to just break it.
  • shawksta - January 14, 2013 3:18 p.m.

Contests were awesome, Musical was f*cking horrible, the Pokestar Studio was God Tier (in my opinion)
  • obviouslyadouche - January 14, 2013 2:21 p.m.

The problem with multiple regions is levels, It's only really feasible to have 2 because after that all the pokemon are just at 100.
  • slimjim441 - January 14, 2013 2:54 p.m.

There could be some tweaking that could make multiple regions more plausible. I know what you mean, where by the end of Johto region, your teams was ~50, and by the end of Kanto, they were ~70, but perhaps the leveling system could be stunted, leaving your pokemon at ~35 when you finish the first region. That kind of slower leveling system would make it possible to go through 4+ regions without hitting lvl 100 by the third region. Honestly, I'd love to see a huge pokemon game that incorporates all 5 (soon to be 6) regions, where the player can choose their order of which regions they want to go to and get a starter in each new region. i.e. once you beat the Elite Four in Hoenn( which we'll say was your first regions), you'd get a pass to migrate to any other region where all the gyms and trainers are all leveled as region 2, then move on to another that automatically sets levels at region 3 when you finish that, und so weiter. This could leave a lot of room for anyone's preference of generations, and having all of them in one game would mean you could leave a lot more of the generational pokemon as regional exclusive. Maybe even go so far as making pokemon like geodude and magikarp exclusive only to Kanto. Or even Zubat! I know it's a lot to ask for, but I think something along those lines could be a really sweet idea and could bring fans new and old together. Genwunners can start in Kanto and get all their Gen 1s, and only have to move on to other regions to level their Kanto crew, while newer fans can still start in Unova or Sinnoh and get all the pokemon they want. Lastly, for it to all tie together, it's gotta be a BIG return of Team Rocket. Then I could die happy. And there's my two cents.
  • Poko907 - February 2, 2013 7:33 p.m.

Woah. That's WAY more than two cents. More like the jackpot.
  • CrashmanX - January 14, 2013 6:20 p.m.

Make it so you have to swap/leave behind pokemon when switching regions? Then when you switch regions you have to start over again. I dunno. Just a quick idea.
  • SurrealBrouhaha - January 14, 2013 2:19 p.m.

I think somebody kinda wants a Ruby and Sapphire remake... (It's me)
  • slimjim441 - January 14, 2013 2:37 p.m.

(I also know a handful of people who would readily slaughter small animals to see R/S/E remakes, including me)
  • Tranquilbez34 - January 14, 2013 3:07 p.m.

I to would like a Ruby/Sapphire remake as they were my childhood games!
  • ObliqueZombie - January 14, 2013 4:47 p.m.

Third generation is definitely my favorite overall. I really, really want to see these remakes happen. :F
  • winner2 - January 14, 2013 6:59 p.m.

Right there with you, R/S/E are still my favorites by far.
  • BladedFalcon - January 14, 2013 11:24 p.m.

I don't. *crosses arms* *Also takes cover behind a wobbuffet*