Topics

Pokemon

• Spartan_91 - January 15, 2013 8:27 a.m.

They just need to stop making the games at this point, the Pokemon have hit ludicrous levels. I mean honestly does anyone think that the 'Y' legendary looks cool? At this point they're just milking the cow dry, I loved the Originals and Gold/Silver/Crystal, hell I owned all 6 and beat them multiple times. But I feel that Pokemon needs to be taken out back and put down for all our sakes.
  • AWESOMENESS24X7 - January 20, 2013 1:23 a.m.

You've Been fighting too many wars spartan
  • codystovall - October 7, 2013 1:27 p.m.

I think hes cool...
  • jackthemenace - January 15, 2013 8:14 a.m.

Secret bases and Ruby/Sapphire's contests never really meant much to me until now, when suddenly I'm hit by a wave of nostalgia over how I'd love to have a go at them again. And bringing back partner Pokemon is a definite yes. It's aesthetic, sure, but it's so adorable, and it's great for quickly getting the annoying Golbat to the majestic Crobat. The Battle Frontier as it used to be back in Emerald would be nice, too- not just battle towers and Battle Subways and rental Pokemon, but the weird challenges and skills that were needed for the old one. That, and bring back the Trick House. I used to love that place. And as much as I love the fact the games now include two 'rivals', I'd definitely like it if at least one of them was actually a rival. HG/SS hit the nail on the head with the balance between the friendly Lyra/Ethan and the rival silver, but they started trying to make him too comparable and soft and nice. I'd like a definite bad guy as well as a definite good guy as my rivals, really. Even better, stick the 'bad' rival on the side of the evil organisation, almost like N was. And speaking of evil organisations- differences between games. Ruby and Sapphire were PERFECT in that regard, and Emerald perfectly brought the two together. It's great to see the two teams trying to use each game's respective legendary, rather than one team trying to use both. And less of the 'sticking both legendary's in one game but only giving you one' like Black/White did. The legendaries should be unique to their own game.
  • Hobbitking17 - January 15, 2013 1:01 a.m.

Keep the movie making from Black and White 2 in X&Y.
  • BladedFalcon - January 14, 2013 11:18 p.m.

Meh, never really cared about contests, ribbons or secret bases. Though I definitely agree with bringing a serious rival back again, alongside with revisiting other regions ala Gold/Silver. Those are two of the main reasons why I consider Gold/silver to be the best generation so far.
  • Nocturne989 - January 14, 2013 9:33 p.m.

I agree with pretty much all of these, but would like to add something to the rival argument. While Brendan/May weren't exactly rivals in the sense of Silver/Blue, they did have something that no other game has ever done right: difficult battles. Even today, their rival battles are legitimately hard and really feel like a milestone in the game, not just another battle. Even Blue and Silver were never really challenging enough. Bring back difficult rival battles!
  • Spartan_91 - December 21, 2013 8:45 p.m.

Don't you remember the first time you fought Blue? Seriously fought him, like when you had started building a team and he just took a huge dump all over them? Idk about you but I was completely unprepared.
  • winner2 - January 14, 2013 7:05 p.m.

The rival, contest, and region ideas I can get behind, but I've never really given much thought to any others. These are some good ideas though IMO. Oh, and I have an idea: more interesting elite 4 and gym leaders. Some of the games I could care less about certain leaders or elite members, while others I thought were pretty cool. Like what they did with Steven in RSE, and Lance in GSC, both were pretty memorable for me. An example of a bad one would be that ice/psychic user in the elite 4 for GSC, pretty boring and just a set of Pokemon rather than a character to me.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - January 15, 2013 4:53 p.m.

I agree. Steven and Lance (and Cynthia a little bit) were almost like mentors that you had to surpass. That was great. I really liked Black and White for making more gym leaders into characters. Some of them had roles in the towns they were in beyond just standing in the gym.
  • soren7550 - January 14, 2013 7:02 p.m.

Just bring back the PokeGear, secret bases, decorating your room, and ribbons, and I'll be happy.
  • AWESOMENESS24X7 - January 20, 2013 2:31 a.m.

Same here
  • CrashmanX - January 14, 2013 6:20 p.m.

Secret Bases from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum again. PLEASE. Also Mining in those games was boss as hell. No longer did you have to worry "Do I want the Helix or the Dome?!?!"
  • oryanbelt - January 14, 2013 5:28 p.m.

I agree with the rival statement. We haven't had a real good rival since Silver, where he actually had a real story to him. Multiple regions in a game is always welcome, but unlikely. I am expecting a new Type to appear this generation. We had two new Types pop up in G/S that added so much over time to the series and a new type would really mix things up a bit 3 Generations later.
  • Z-man427 - January 14, 2013 5:17 p.m.

I might get drawn and quartered for this, but I want the Safari Zone to come back.
  • winner2 - January 14, 2013 6:57 p.m.

Off with your head and every chancey (chansy?) in existence!
  • Hobogonigal - January 14, 2013 9:07 p.m.

Actually, I wouldn't mind the safari zone as well if they added some poke'mon that were actually worth the entrance fee like the chancey, tauros, pincir and dratini in the originals.
  • pl4y4h - January 15, 2013 2:12 p.m.

Wait........safari zone is gone!? I loved that place. What generation did they get rid of that?
  • iluvpkmnmonday - January 15, 2013 3:21 p.m.

The last generation didn't have a safari zone.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - January 15, 2013 4:49 p.m.

I can think of a Safari Zone in every generation except for Black and White. I'm pretty sure the original Gold and Silver didn't have a Safari Zone (it was "closed"), but the remakes added one in.