We Recommend

• shawksta - September 10, 2013 6:03 p.m.

Team Flare seems awesome, gives an original Team Rocket flavor. The other 3 teams are Team Galactic and Magma/Aqua. Here's a interesting but otherwise stupid theory someone made up for Team Flare. "Remember when Original Giovanni had an Orange suit? Maybe he was literally the only member of Team Flare left and went to start his own gang in Team Rocket"
  • JarkayColt - September 11, 2013 5:48 a.m.

Wow, that theory is such a stretch! Giovanni's original jacket doesn't even look like the one Team Flare are wearing, and besides, he only ever wore it in the Animé. In the game canon, his jacket has always been black. That doesn't mean Team Rocket won't appear in the game though. In BW, the Rocket who stole the machine part appeared, and in BW2 there is a couple who used to be in Magma and Aqua. Maybe Rocket will get a cameo with all the Gen 1 allusions in X & Y but I don't think it'll be anything major. Besides, Giovanni appeared in BW2.
  • shawksta - September 11, 2013 10:57 a.m.

I know, its a major stretch, but I found it the more interesting one. Ugh, don't remind me, Team Aqua and Magma were one of the dumbest teams I've seen. Their concept of going against one and joining the other was neat and the leaders were great but their goals were just stupid in logical form.
  • J-Fid - September 10, 2013 5:21 p.m.

Just to clarify (because I have to...), Team Rocket is based off the Yakuza, and Giovanni is confirmed to be Silver's father.
  • shawksta - September 10, 2013 5:52 p.m.

Yes Heart Gold Soul Silver pretty much confirmed Giovanni as Silver's Father
  • JarkayColt - September 11, 2013 11:02 a.m.

To be fair, Hollander specifically mentioned Ash, which means they were suggesting it in the context of the animé. Silver is confirmed to be Giovanni's son in the game canon, but since Silver has no role in the animé many people still speculate that Ash is Giovanni's son in that continuity. However I haven't even watched the animé since the original series so I don't have much of an opinion on that. Just saying that it's still kind of "out there" in regards to Ash.