• Calicard - May 10, 2011 4:47 a.m.

While many people have entire strategies revolving around this, our main rule when battling is NO Switching. And of course no Legendaries. But our number one rule is no switching. Baton Pass, U-Turn, etc are allowed.
  • Stuv - May 10, 2011 4:40 a.m.

I haven't listened for 3 weeks, so I'll throw down my answers to the three QOTW: 1. Yo' mamma's so fat, she has a 110% catch rate 2. I wouldn't mind seeing a sort of Pokemon/fighting game hybrid, one where you have to aim attacks and whatnot, but I don't think many other people are interested in that 3. I don't use legendaries, regardless of what the other person uses because I think they're more of a trophy than a Pokemon to battle with.
  • Bluemage - May 10, 2011 4:31 a.m.

I like Bisharp because he reminds me of the Axem Rangers from Super Mario RPG. QOTW: I have a no haxs and no legendary pokemon policy but if everyone involved is cool with using a legendary then that's cool because I do think some of them are cool, especially the ones from events like Jirachi or Mew and I'd like to actually battle someone with them. Just as feed up with the bogus trades as everyone else. I just want to fill out my pokedex not deal with some guy who wants my only zekrom for a vullaby.
  • Sinosaur - May 10, 2011 4:05 a.m.

When I use the GTS, I try to make sure I'm throwing up something that is at least reasonable, compared to the dozens of requests that ask for level five third stage dragons. Like almost everyone will say, I don't ask for a one of a kind in a game Pokemon or anything that has specific level requirements unless I've got something of equal value (AKA, don't go begging for level 100 Pokemon, because that's a huge amount of work to put in). If I make gender requirements, it's usually because I'm putting up breedable females of some nature (some sort of starter, probably), and am looking for the same so that I don't have to just leave Ditto sitting around waiting all the time. I haven't had any luck getting battles the few times I tried, but I wouldn't go in with a bunch of legendaries, because that's just kind of cheap.
  • emeraldphoenix7 - May 10, 2011 3:58 a.m.

Since we don't know how to turn it off, my pals and I usually agree to no Miracle Launcher, and it is an unspoken rule in my circle of friends that no legendaries are aloud. When trading on the GTS, I always try to be corteous and fair when offering my 'mons, and I try not to rage too much when some hacking lowlife with a level 100 shiny Victini tries to rip me off. My coolface is my greatest weapon on the GTS.
  • Fonen - May 10, 2011 3:41 a.m.

If I hacked I would only hack for level 9 and under reshiram/zekrom. That way I could imagine the looks of horror on the jerks who thinks they are being clever. Those people really are the scum of the earth.
  • Cyberninja - May 10, 2011 3:22 a.m.

in beyblades defense Beyblade Vforce Ultimate Blader Jam for GBA was a really good game.
  • 510BrotherPanda - May 10, 2011 3:20 a.m.

~P.S. : Henry got Golurk's typing wrong; it's Ground/Ghost, not Steel/Ghost. Also, I advocated Pokemon Puzzle League and Yoshi's Island in my QotW answer last week, but it wasn't read out...
  • BackwaterRifle - May 10, 2011 3:03 a.m.

Bisharp for the win. I ran an all steel type team at one point, as Mike stated fire types would rip right through them. Now I run a trick room set with Bronzong and my Hariyama and just absoulutely rip through unprepared teams, though I still think its actually really easy to fight all dragon teams due to the fact they cant touch my bronzong or metagross and my hariyama kill anything with a flying type with his stone edge. Sorry I picked a (cu)bone with you last week about Hoenn but you mocked the Torchic family, but I'm never one to hold a grudge. Now for a PSA: Don't Purposely Dissconect From an online Match if you are gonna lose, because if it happend to you you'd be mad.
  • BackwaterRifle - May 10, 2011 2:50 a.m.

I at one point was running an all steel type team, but was getting my ass handed to me by heat wave Volcorona, so I have redone my team 4 times and now only have 3 steel types. Also to give my input on Dragon type teams, watch your typing as a good bit are Flying, and will be destoyed by the common rockslide. Also an easy rule of etiquit is no matter how bad a match is going never disconnect. Also im sorry if I picked a (cu)bone with you guys last week, I'm just protective of the ever disrespected Hoenn.(I believe you dissed the Blaziken.)
  • ACGUY - May 10, 2011 2:49 a.m.

Only flatbattle and also the next pokemon game according to leaked images is another Pokemon Colosseum for the 3DS with the same protagonist from XD: Gales of darkness look... http://nintendo3dsblog.com/pokemon-heading-to-the-3ds
  • deformedorange - May 10, 2011 2:38 a.m.

No Wobbuffet or Arceus in battling
  • Innounci - May 10, 2011 2:37 a.m.

two rules for battles: no hax, no legendaries (and not just the ubers) one of my favorite memories with beyblades (the year they came out): my friend had this really big light-up beyblade that he brought to our day-care one summer, and started to show it off. This led to him hitting things with it, culminating a full can of pepsi on an air-hockey table. He said it wouldn't break. No air-hockey all summer.
  • rpadTVbsuKenyan5000 - May 10, 2011 2:36 a.m.

I hate how people put so many unreasonable trades up on the GTS, I think that is where so much of the bad Pokemon etiquette exists. It's unfortunate that Nintendo allows so many bad trades to even take place or for people to offer things like that. Inversely though I will admit that it is useful (as well as tedious) in order to transfer pokemon between my games with only one DSi. Just offer a junk pokemon for a high level or legendary. With battling I still haven't done many battles because I'm insistent on not battling much until I have a team I think can do well competitively, and I am almost to that point I think. I IV breed and EV train all my pokemon for very specific purposes, but I do miss out on filling a pokedex sometimes. When I look for battles though I don't like using legendaries. I feel if you are good enough at battling then you can win without legendaries and pseudo's. As for a team, I have been getting on board with Normal type recently but would never think of making a team all Normal type—they would either sweep or get slaughtered. There isn't a fun battle there for me.
  • Afrodisiac39 - May 10, 2011 2:27 a.m.

I never use legendaries and I usually follow the not using Ubers list as determined by Smogon against my friends. I also always train my own Pokémon from lvl 1 up. I also try to stay away from annoying strategies like Breloom with spore, sub, focus punch. Not to take anything away from you Henry but don't you worry about fighting and ground Pokémon when using Bisharp? Fighting Pokés are common with Conkeldurr, Mienshao and Scrafty in this new gen. That's the only thing preventing me from using him otherwise I love Bisharp. Also I will be going to the regional in San Jose. Hope to see you there Carolyn!
  • 4fromK - May 10, 2011 2:21 a.m.

gonna listen to this while grinding my nuzlocke challenge QOTW: I never traded or battled, me and my friends were too cheap to buy a link cable... DS owners are so lucky.
  • Jules_Layton - May 10, 2011 2:14 a.m.

Excuse the error. The Beyblade game came out in 2002, so it's been just under ten years. I have no ethics as far as legendaries go. That said, I never battle competitively since I get extremely worked up over games.
  • 510BrotherPanda - May 10, 2011 2:08 a.m.

Seeing as the GTS is rife with unreasonable trades, I just breed a whole mess of Starters, Spiritombs or Rotoms, upload one, ask for something, and cross my fingers... I don't battle because I prefer just collecting. Smogon makes it sound way to (Craw)daunting for me to even try.
  • Jules_Layton - May 10, 2011 2:06 a.m.

Evidence of BeyBlade game. IGN gave it a 1.5, which is close to their worst review of all time. Better yet, it came out more than ten years ago on the PSX. http://psx.ign.com/articles/380/380966p1.html
  • jpbr139 - May 10, 2011 2 a.m.

In a battle I don't like to use legendary pokemon, they're just for the collection. About trades, same as enviremental, if you want to trade why don't you ask for something reasonable? If I look for any pokemon most of them ask for a legendary or worst, a lvl 9 or less legendary, I hate that.