We Recommend

• ThatGamerDude - October 3, 2012 4:51 p.m.

One of my favorite gaming series ever. I had played pokemon games for several years since Pokemon Yellow came out however the first actual pokemon game that I owned was Pokemon Sapphire around 2004. Since then, this series has become one of my favorites and I'm now waiting anxiously for B/W Version 2 since I didn't play the first B/W games.
  • joeycrump - October 3, 2012 9:55 p.m.

you may want to play black or white first, because B2W2 are not really a "version 2," they are actually direct sequels - completely new games. The story won't make sense if you don't play Black or White. It'd be like reading the second book in a series without the first one.
  • ThatGamerDude - October 5, 2012 4:15 p.m.

You are certainly right. If I can, I may get one of them along with my reserved copy of Black Version 2.
  • Strawhat - October 3, 2012 6:21 p.m.

My favorite memory is beating Red in Pokemon Gold, my first main game pokemon ever, with a vastly over-leveled Feraligatr and my underleveled Pidgeot only. I didn't use to train pokemon much other than my starters. But of course I know better now.
  • CowboyBlasto - October 4, 2012 9:01 a.m.

Pokemon TCG was also the first game to incorperate the B-run. Truly the most pivotal point in Pokemon history.
  • winner2 - October 4, 2012 12:39 p.m.

Favorite parts of Pokemon were in crystal when I got my dragonite to 100 from the lcl 5 dratini that old man gave you, and fighting Red. I had never played the first gen before so finding him by accident while I explored was pretty cool. He was ridiculous too, pulling out that 85+ pikachu like its nothing.
  • RyanTaljonick - October 4, 2012 3:44 p.m.

Oh god, I remember maxing out watts on my pocket Pikachu and bragging to my friends about how many hours I spent shaking that thing.
  • Killshot - October 4, 2012 8:50 p.m.

Oh snap pokemon snap man awesome list you guys should have mentioned the blockbuster tie in where you could print the pics at special stations.
  • jackthemenace - October 5, 2012 7:07 a.m.

Damnit, I really wish they had brought out the sequel to the TCG o Game Boy Advance. Hell, I hope they just make a new one for 3DS. I loved that game to bits, but sadly never finished it, and I can barely play it anymore since I lost my GBA charger. One of the most underrated Pokemon games ever.
  • grimmwerks - November 6, 2012 11:09 a.m.

Ugh - so I just bought my daughter Pocket Monsters Red from Japan for her birthday AND a Gameboy Advance because she really wanted to play it (don't ask) -- but it doesn't work at all... any ideas?