• Fuzunga - October 3, 2012 2:44 p.m.

I just realized how awesome Pokemon Snap would be in HD.
  • JarkayColt - October 3, 2012 1:54 p.m.

Nice retrospective! Even though I've always known about Pokémon Green, it's one of those things you, paradoxically, quickly forget about too. I still have one of those Pokémon Pikachu things as well, but I think I spent more time shaking it than actually partaking in any excercise. Glad the PokéWalker fixed that "exploit"! Also...I don't see Pokédex 3D on here. But it's no more a game than Box was. Also I knew a friend with Channel; we watched the Pichu Bros short, downloaded Jirachi...and that's... literally it.
  • Moondoggie1157 - October 3, 2012 12:08 p.m.

I got Pokemon Blue when it first came out, and everyone made fun of me because, well, I was the kid with Blue version when obviously (sarcasm) Red was the supreme game. Took them a while to realize that I alone was their only hope in becoming Pokemon Masters... Suckers... I still love my Blue Version, and I give a run through at least once a year. No other Pokemon game gives me the same feeling, I do love them all equally. My favourite moment of any Pokemon game (maybe all of gaming) was when I first traded via link cable, Blue to Red. I never got a link cable, and when I finally befriended someone with it, it changed everything. Now, Pokemon Snap is basically my crack. I can sit and play that game for days... Literally... Not my proudest moment, sure, but dammit that game is amazing. I bought a used N64 just for Pokemon Snap. There had better be a sequel in the works, that would probably be a selling point for whatever console it comes out on, seriously, I love that game so much.
  • dondiablo29 - October 3, 2012 12:06 p.m.

I didn't play any pokemon games until about 2004 or 2005 because up to that point, I saw friends play and I thought that it was just walking in grass and battling, but then I decided to borrow my friend's pokemon sapphire, at which point i fell in love with the games, and eventually bought emerald, firered, silver, diamond, blue rescue team, ranger
  • robotdickens - October 3, 2012 11:59 a.m.

Did you forget the movies on purpose since this was a Pokemon game based post only or did you just forget them?
  • Moondoggie1157 - October 3, 2012 12:02 p.m.

Well, seeing as the article is called "Pockets and monsters - The History of Pokemon GAMES"... I mean, come on man...
  • J-Fid - October 3, 2012 11:34 a.m.

I remember that when I first got my Blue Version, I didn't know how to save the game, despite the option being right there on the menu! I would always be afraid to turn my game off, because I knew I'd have to start over. Eventually, my dad played my game once, starting with a Bulbasaur, and taught me how to save. And that is the story of how Bulbasuar, Venusaur, and the entire Grass Type, became some of my favorite things about Pokemon.
  • iluvpkmnmonday - October 3, 2012 11:06 a.m.

My first memory of playing Pokemon would be when I got Pokemon Blue for Christmas of 98. I remember being pretty disappointed that they didn't say their names like they did in the anime. Still love/d the game though.