• grimmwerks - November 6, 2012 11:09 a.m.

Ugh - so I just bought my daughter Pocket Monsters Red from Japan for her birthday AND a Gameboy Advance because she really wanted to play it (don't ask) -- but it doesn't work at all... any ideas?
  • jackthemenace - October 5, 2012 7:07 a.m.

Damnit, I really wish they had brought out the sequel to the TCG o Game Boy Advance. Hell, I hope they just make a new one for 3DS. I loved that game to bits, but sadly never finished it, and I can barely play it anymore since I lost my GBA charger. One of the most underrated Pokemon games ever.
  • Killshot - October 4, 2012 8:50 p.m.

Oh snap pokemon snap man awesome list you guys should have mentioned the blockbuster tie in where you could print the pics at special stations.
  • RyanTaljonick - October 4, 2012 3:44 p.m.

Oh god, I remember maxing out watts on my pocket Pikachu and bragging to my friends about how many hours I spent shaking that thing.
  • winner2 - October 4, 2012 12:39 p.m.

Favorite parts of Pokemon were in crystal when I got my dragonite to 100 from the lcl 5 dratini that old man gave you, and fighting Red. I had never played the first gen before so finding him by accident while I explored was pretty cool. He was ridiculous too, pulling out that 85+ pikachu like its nothing.
  • CowboyBlasto - October 4, 2012 9:01 a.m.

Pokemon TCG was also the first game to incorperate the B-run. Truly the most pivotal point in Pokemon history.
  • Strawhat - October 3, 2012 6:21 p.m.

My favorite memory is beating Red in Pokemon Gold, my first main game pokemon ever, with a vastly over-leveled Feraligatr and my underleveled Pidgeot only. I didn't use to train pokemon much other than my starters. But of course I know better now.
  • ThatGamerDude - October 3, 2012 4:51 p.m.

One of my favorite gaming series ever. I had played pokemon games for several years since Pokemon Yellow came out however the first actual pokemon game that I owned was Pokemon Sapphire around 2004. Since then, this series has become one of my favorites and I'm now waiting anxiously for B/W Version 2 since I didn't play the first B/W games.
  • joeycrump - October 3, 2012 9:55 p.m.

you may want to play black or white first, because B2W2 are not really a "version 2," they are actually direct sequels - completely new games. The story won't make sense if you don't play Black or White. It'd be like reading the second book in a series without the first one.
  • devgum - October 4, 2012 2:56 a.m.

I agree with you. And the story of the first game is much better. PS. I think it's read as "black/white version, 2" not "black/white, version 2".
  • UMBR4an1ma - October 4, 2012 6:38 a.m.

Black 2/White 2, or Black/White 2
  • ThatGamerDude - October 5, 2012 4:15 p.m.

You are certainly right. If I can, I may get one of them along with my reserved copy of Black Version 2.
  • Personamanxx - October 3, 2012 3:23 p.m.

Anyone else completely unable to use the orange "Next" button? I mean I don't see how it can just be me.
  • BackwaterRifle - October 3, 2012 6:52 p.m.

I had the smae problem the other day, jsut close the article, and open it again (refresh doesn't work)
  • Personamanxx - October 4, 2012 8:38 a.m.

Thanks, Tried it before but now it worked. Have not the foggiest what brought it on though.
  • Personamanxx - October 4, 2012 8:51 a.m.

Still incredibly finnicky though.
  • Shadow Of Death - October 3, 2012 3:01 p.m.

Ahhh, Pokemon Snap ^_^ I admit that I got the Hey You Pikachu! game >_> Waste of money TBH. I have skipped over Pokemon B&W 2 TBH. I'm waiting for the main series 3DS game. Been getting less keen on the main series games over the years because they've added so many new Pokemon, and they've generally gotten dumber and less original, not to mention the necessity of trading or using cheating devices to get so many that can't be gotten in-game on the games. It's bad enough to have two or three sets of the same game with minor differences (mainly some exclusive Pokemon), it's rather sadistic when it gets to the point you have to trade with older generations to get them. I'm actually a bit interested in Pokemon Conquest now. Anybody else played that flash Pokemon Tower Defense game? Haven't played it in ages, but it was cool.
  • joeycrump - October 3, 2012 10 p.m.

1. less original? you mean less original than a bat or a seal? ...or a pile of sewer waste? 2. you have ALWAYS needed to trade to get all the pokemon. this has been a key feature of every game since its inception. and even with 5 generations it's still a pretty small number of pokemon, roughly 5%. it's not that big a deal. 3. you don't (can't, actually) have to trade with older generations to get every pokemon in gen 4. platinum features literally every pokemon that isn't a starter, legendary, or previous version exclusive in it. also, the whole "catching them all" thing is a lot less of the focus of the series now, and bear in mind chances are most people DO have older gen games so it isn't really difficult to transfer pokemon from them. 4. "two or three sets of the same game with minor differences" so you complain about this problem (which i grant you is a legitimate one) but then skip over b2w2? b2w2 are exactly what you are asking for. this is the first time gamefreak have, instead of rehashing for a third version, created a pair of entirely new games. and yet you are going to skip them? :/
  • codystovall - October 3, 2012 2:53 p.m.

If they made a new pokemon snap for 3ds Id kill many a pokemon fan to get a copy of it first.
  • masterjoe123 - October 3, 2012 7:15 p.m.

The upcoming Pokemon Dream Radar for the 3DS is kind of a sequel, remake, reboot thing.