• HeavyTank - December 17, 2011 6:02 a.m.

Whaaaat?Oh come on. Portal 2 gets way more credit than it deserves. It's just a friggin puzzle game with a backstory. It does everything it's supposed to do right, no doubt about it, BUT would you ever consider a cooking sim with huge levels, shiny graphics, ambitious design and superb voice acting for Game of the Year, even if it was the most perfect cooking sim of all time? And yes, lenght IS an issue, especially when you consider the cost. In my eyes this is simply not a full game, multiplayer or not. Portal 2 was very enjoyable, but the other games on the list were epic, in the real sense of the word, not the "omg epeeeec" sense. Plus, you can't just blame Skyrim for having bugs, that's just weak. Of course it has bugs, it's twenty times the size of Portal 2 and it is, you know, open-ended (Portal 2, on the other hand, is quite linear, so getting anything wrong there is really hard), any game has bugs when it has that much content (and, worth noting, I didn't come across ANY problems with it in 150+ hours). Glorified puzzle game < Huge epic RPG Honestly, I'm not being a fanboy here, any other game on the list would've been fine by me, but this choice seemed to be a little biased to me.
  • veryweirdguy - December 17, 2011 6:34 a.m.

Yes, Gamesradar are biased towards games they like, let it be known.
  • playswithsquirrels - December 17, 2011 8:49 a.m.

Tell the masses!
  • ScaryEric - December 17, 2011 9:20 a.m.

What dicks for having a slight bend towered good games they enjoyed
  • ScaryEric - December 17, 2011 9:21 a.m.

toward
  • shawksta - December 17, 2011 8:21 a.m.

Yes, they would consider the perfect cooking sim if they did it right. What type of game it is CAN NOT be judged, THAT would be biased, Once upon a monster got allot of praise cause it was GREAT, even if its just a kinect game for learning. Same goes with games likes Ace Attorney and Professor Layton.
  • Yaro - December 17, 2011 2:39 a.m.

Even if I would disagree, your reasoning is always infallible. Great list. My personal GOTY is Dark Souls.=)
  • Austin_SJ - December 17, 2011 1:34 a.m.

I agree 100% with your choice, and the reason why you didn't pick Skyrim. Portal 2 is a brilliant game.
  • luckyseven - December 17, 2011 1:24 a.m.

Come on guys Uncharted 3 didn't even make it to the nominees? Portal did deserve the win but Batman and Uncharted were equally close for me.
  • Cwf2008 - December 17, 2011 1:21 a.m.

Dammit. you really want me to play Portal 2 don't you? *sigh* Ok time to go rob a bank to get the money to buy it
  • comaqi - December 16, 2011 11:58 p.m.

Great as always Gamesradar. I love you guys so much <3
  • arctic3ag1e - December 16, 2011 11:46 p.m.

dont beat me for saying this but...i never got around to playing portal 2 :(
  • sirdilznik - December 16, 2011 11:32 p.m.

Portal 2 is a good choice. It's #2 in my opinion with Super Mario 3D Land being my personal Game of the Year, but since there seems to be some kind of law stating that a handheld title can't be Game of the Year (not a dig against GamesRadar, it's like that everywhere) then Portal 2 does indeed take the crown with The Witcher 2 being the next best game in my opinion.
  • gondarpwns - December 16, 2011 11:30 p.m.

i cant help but agree, but there should have been some other nominees. Sure they didnt do anything dramatic, but they did provide us for endless hours to waste our time on. Sure its not Skyrim, but i still as content wasting hours on GoW3 MP as anything else
  • shawksta - December 16, 2011 10:23 p.m.

Fair enough, Portal 2 didnt just be a better Portal, but Portal 2 is its own and not even close to calling it a Successor to Portal cause it made its own. Heh, I knew you guys just cant put Batman Down, it IS the best Super Hero game of all time until something else comes up thats not batman and did a better job. Witcher 2? No words can express, it was fantastic. Skyrim and Skyward Sword, Both Excellent games that was worth the 5-6 year wait along with Portal 2. and also praise for the awesome games this year that werent GOTY Nominee's! Gears 3, Uncharted 3, Ghost Trick, Pokemon B/W, those 2 shooters people want to have fanwars against, and all the other awesome games that shook 2011! Now, ONWARD 2012!
  • itsgoodtobetheking - December 16, 2011 10:05 p.m.

I think you guys nailed it on the head this year, Congrats
  • NotBraze - December 16, 2011 9:59 p.m.

Ok, you guys are making me second guess myself here. I had totally talked myself into calling Arkham City my personal game of the year with Portal 2 as a close second, but I agree with every single one of those gushing words you wrote about Portal 2. Portal 2 was a brilliant game and anyone who argues that it doesn't deserve this has no taste. No I have to face an internal struggle over which is *really* my game of the year.
  • firelegendmush - December 16, 2011 9:49 p.m.

I personally couldn't justify spending $60 on Portal 2 since it ends so quickly. Sure, it may be the greatest 10 hours (roughly) of your life, but then it's over.
  • smashpro1 - December 16, 2011 9:46 p.m.

Saints Row: The Third was fucking robbed!
  • bitchassafriBLAMamericANTISTA - December 16, 2011 9:37 p.m.

beat portal 2 in a week. forgot about it by may. and after all this time still no dlc for consoles come on!
  • playswithsquirrels - December 16, 2011 10:13 p.m.

There is DLC...